Advice for 'reading list'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Advice for 'reading list'
My little sister has called me a couple time in the last couple weeks questioning 'her' religion ( all my parents children are raised in a hyper-religious household). She asked if I could provide some reading materials for her from the atheist point of view. Any suggestions? She is fourteen now (I think...maybe thirteen). She is in Georgia and I am in Maryland so I can't give her a book and I also don't want to mail her anything (it would probably be intercepted).

Videos/articles/blog posts/short-ish book recommendations would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Advice for 'reading list'
(05-09-2012 04:48 PM)aldumil Wrote:  My little sister has called me a couple time in the last couple weeks questioning 'her' religion ( all my parents children are raised in a hyper-religious household). She asked if I could provide some reading materials for her from the atheist point of view. Any suggestions? She is fourteen now (I think...maybe thirteen). She is in Georgia and I am in Maryland so I can't give her a book and I also don't want to mail her anything (it would probably be intercepted).

Videos/articles/blog posts/short-ish book recommendations would be appreciated.

Give her one of CJ Werleman's books.

Such as God hates you, Hate Him Back: Making Sense of the Bible I enjoyed it immensely. And give her some of evid3nc3's videos. Particularly on the History of God. Introduce her to evolution, and the maybe go into God is Not Great with her.

Keep in corrospondance with her, and by all means tell her to ask You questions.

If she is determined into going far deep in this, make sure she gets some science background from Tunderf00t or send her to the Thinking Atheist for some awesome videos. Also, tell her to go to Ironchariots.org.

Tell her to think for herself, and try to find evidence for claims, and once she does, try her hardest to refute that evidence. Only then can that evidence be good enough to even mention to a scientist, or an atheist.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply