Advice from those with a theist partner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Advice from those with a theist partner
I just came in to say, those are some great replies above.
I was fortunate that my wife does not profess to be religious. Her folks were not attending church and I heard no mention of it. I think she went for a few years as a child, with friends.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Advice from those with a theist partner
OceanTherapist: Good idea on the science books. I get National Geographic and watch shows like Cosmos. Does that count? haha.

Commonsensei: Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about you getting yelled at over dinner. I've asked her about me deserving hell as well and of course, when pressed, she doesn't think I deserve it but says its not her decision in the end. I'll have to find better ways to broach the subject going forward.

Organic Chemist: That was quite a backstory, thanks for sharing. I guess where I'm struggling is that after we both went back to church a few years back I started digging in for info, asking real questions for the first time and actually looking into the history of the church and after seeing the case presented I can't believe anyone believes this stuff. Growing up going to catholic school my whole life i already had a decent working knowledge of the bible and the main christian tenets, but nothing below the surface.

It kinda freaked me out last year when she announced she was getting baptized as I felt (subjective I know) she did close to zero investigation into the religion and hadn't read the bible (still hasn't) or the Koran or anything else and as I write this, is at a women's small group for her church.

From the sound of it I need to get better at finding ways to discuss this topic in a low stress manner. The majority of our conversations have not gone well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rkane819's post