Advice from yours truly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Advice from yours truly.
Hey! I know all of you just absolutely adore me. So I thought I'd do you all a favor and start an advice thread. You have family problem? I can help. Not sure what to do with that special someone? I can help. Need to know how to cause someone distress as a form of revenge? Oh I can definitely help.

Come on. Try me. I need something to do anyway.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 01:25 AM
RE: Advice from yours truly.
What do you suggest is the best way to tell someone... They believe in creation because they are under the assumption that a god exists, that all the stuff they think is evidence supporting their position is not only NOT proof of god, but proof that they are complete retards for thinking it is proof.

If this isn't the kind of thing your looking for just skip me.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

10-01-2013, 01:35 AM
(10-01-2013 01:25 AM)Aspchizo Wrote:  What do you suggest is the best way to tell someone... They believe in creation because they are under the assumption that a god exists, that all the stuff they think is evidence supporting their position is not only NOT proof of god, but proof that they are complete retards for thinking it is proof.

If this isn't the kind of thing your looking for just skip me.
Oh this is a common one. People will do anything and everything they can to justify their beliefs when they are being questioned.
The best way to make these people re-evaluate their standpoint is to corner them with their own logic....This usually results in them screaming something about it being about faith or something.

for a prime example about how to go about this, take a look at this lovely little gem. I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen this already. http://madmikesamerica.com/2011/06/god-a...-a-debate/

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 02:49 AM by DLJ.)
Oooh! An advice page. Excellent.

What would you do if you have discolouration of your bathroom tiles caused by quicklime and hydrochloric acid?

Also, what is the best way to get blood stains out of silk sheets?

My friend wants to know.

Cheers.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2013, 02:58 AM
(10-01-2013 02:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh! An advice page. Excellent.

What would you do if you have discolouration of your bathroom tiles caused by quicklime and hydrochloric acid?

My friend wants to know.

Cheers.
AH yes. Don't worry I have just the trick to help clean up those tiles. Usually scrubbing with some hydrogen peroxide will do the trick but if those stains are really in there you might want to spring for some muriatic acid. Now keep in mind that the acid is some strong stuff and you should be extremely careful when using it.

As for silk. I find tat Oxiclean does a fairly good job. Just let the silk soak for a little while and those stains should come right out.

Also for future reference. Sheets of plastic are our friends.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 5 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Very sensible advice. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-01-2013, 03:06 AM
(10-01-2013 02:58 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 02:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oooh! An advice page. Excellent.

My friend wants to know.

Cheers.
AH yes. Don't worry I have just the trick to help clean up those tiles. Usually scrubbing with some hydrogen peroxide will do the trick but if those stains are really in there you might want to spring for some muriatic acid. Now keep in mind that the acid is some strong stuff and you should be extremely careful when using it.

As for silk. I find tat Oxiclean does a fairly good job. Just let the silk soak for a little while and those stains should come right out.

Thank you. That is most useful.

My friend says that plastic sheets are a good idea but the packaging advises that they should be kept away from children...

which kinda defeats the object...

apparently.

10-01-2013, 03:09 AM
(10-01-2013 03:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 02:58 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  AH yes. Don't worry I have just the trick to help clean up those tiles. Usually scrubbing with some hydrogen peroxide will do the trick but if those stains are really in there you might want to spring for some muriatic acid. Now keep in mind that the acid is some strong stuff and you should be extremely careful when using it.

Thank you. That is most useful.

My friend says that plastic sheets are a good idea but the packaging advises that they should be kept away from children...

which kinda defeats the object...

apparently.
I hear you. Companies are always putting warnings that don't make sense. Don't point laser in eyes. Don't consume alcohol before operating. Don't drop toaster in bathtub. Honestly. What do these people think I buy these things for?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 5 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 03:20 AM
AW: Advice from yours truly.
Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-01-2013, 09:25 AM
(10-01-2013 03:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Well. Video game companies these days tend to try their hardest to make games as realistic for the universe that they are set in.
I find that non mainstream game companies do a better job than well known companies.

NEW AND IMPROVED!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice appreciated dipswitch 7 164 21-07-2014 09:32 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Advice on dealing with parents Samuel 5 147 20-07-2014 08:10 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Need thoughts and advice Full Circle 25 355 22-06-2014 09:26 PM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  Need Some Advice Jasozz 11 203 12-05-2014 09:28 AM
Last Post: Jasozz
  Pregnancy "advice" Hobbitgirl 41 512 17-03-2014 06:40 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Thinking about coming out as an atheist to one person....advice Pearl 11 253 04-03-2014 07:43 PM
Last Post: GwenB3
  Funeral advice cattiberra 15 313 27-02-2014 11:55 PM
Last Post: Caveman