Advice from yours truly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 10:07 AM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Advice from yours truly.
(10-01-2013 09:25 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 03:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Well. Video game companies these days tend to try their hardest to make games as realistic for the universe that they are set in.
I find that non mainstream game companies do a better job than well known companies.
I disagree. Blizzard, Microsoft, and Bioware are all examples and are very good at what they are do, and are mainstream.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
(10-01-2013 04:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 09:25 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Well. Video game companies these days tend to try their hardest to make games as realistic for the universe that they are set in.
I find that non mainstream game companies do a better job than well known companies.
I disagree. Blizzard, Microsoft, and Bioware are all examples of are very good at what they are do, and are mainstream.
Blizzard and Bioware used to be good at it. Something happened though and their worlds no longer feel alive.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
The left side of my jaw has been hurting like hell, my mother freaks out when I have a dental problem because of a root cavity emergency I had a few years back. [The money not my actual health]

Should I wait to see if it's a serious problem or tell her now?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
10-01-2013, 05:25 PM
(10-01-2013 05:03 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  The left side of my jaw has been hurting like hell, my mother freaks out when I have a dental problem because of a root cavity emergency I had a few years back. [The money not my actual health]

Should I wait to see if it's a serious problem or tell her now?
I'll tell you a little story. I was scheduled to get my wisdom teeth out a few years back. I was under the impression that I had room. Fast forward to now. My jaw clicks when I bite down and some of my teeth feel sensitive. Moral of the story. Don't screw around with this shit. If there ends up being a problem with your mouth then you'll sorely regret it. Go get it checked out at least.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
10-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Alright, sure. I rarely ask for advice, but this one is giving me a headache. This is my 1st world problem lately.

We had new neighbours move in. Over the last few months they have been here, the single man with his dog has acquired many roommates, all 20 something. They've had a few parties and smoke pot (no problems). This winter all the roomies that are staying altogether have about 9 cars. They have two parking spots in the back and the rest is street parking. Their lot has an extra 5 feet that is leased from the city yearly so a power line can go between our houses. This gives them an extra parking spot. The guy on the other side of their house is single and owns one vehicle that he parks in the back alley in his garage.

Lately they take up the street in front of our house to park in. Often I have been carrying boxes, groceries, two cranky kids and diaper bags down the street in -20C weather. It's hell, especially after having shopped with those two cranky kids.

After being angry I calm down and think of my options.

1. I can ask them to stop and find a more suitable parking place, even if it means walking a bit down the street themselves.

2. I can ask them to stop and offer them our back alley parking spot in front of our garage.

3. I can graffiti their vehicles with eggs that accidentally slip out of my grocery bag as I walk by while carrying two cranky kids.

4. I have a police officer friend who has offered to come and check all the vehicle plates for any misdemeanours that she can call them on.

5. I can call in when I smell the pot (normally I am for or don't care, but karma bitches).

6?? something more satisfying, not so mean but solves the issue without giving anything of myself up. I just think they are being disrespectful.

I wasn't sure if this was just me imagining, but today there is deliberate tire marks all up our front sidewalk when it was unnecessary as the street was clear all day for parking (except now in front of my house with a huge heavy duty mechanical truck that belongs to the neighbour Sad )

Thoughts? What would HamataK do?
10-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Next time you drive past some road works. When nobody is looking take a few cones.

Leave these cones in your parking space when you leave.

If anybody moves the cones and parks in your space then get a spark plug and with a hammer smash the ceramic white section off. Using a medium sized piece all you have to do is gently flick it at a window of theirs (or use a catapult from the safety of inside your house) and believe it or not it will smash.

Might not solve the problem but it will make you feel better as they scratch their heads wondering what smashed it as they will never look at a teeny piece of ceramic and think that did it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-01-2013, 06:48 PM
(10-01-2013 05:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Alright, sure. I rarely ask for advice, but this one is giving me a headache. This is my 1st world problem lately.

We had new neighbours move in. Over the last few months they have been here, the single man with his dog has acquired many roommates, all 20 something. They've had a few parties and smoke pot (no problems). This winter all the roomies that are staying altogether have about 9 cars. They have two parking spots in the back and the rest is street parking. Their lot has an extra 5 feet that is leased from the city yearly so a power line can go between our houses. This gives them an extra parking spot. The guy on the other side of their house is single and owns one vehicle that he parks in the back alley in his garage.

Lately they take up the street in front of our house to park in. Often I have been carrying boxes, groceries, two cranky kids and diaper bags down the street in -20C weather. It's hell, especially after having shopped with those two cranky kids.

After being angry I calm down and think of my options.

1. I can ask them to stop and find a more suitable parking place, even if it means walking a bit down the street themselves.

2. I can ask them to stop and offer them our back alley parking spot in front of our garage.

3. I can graffiti their vehicles with eggs that accidentally slip out of my grocery bag as I walk by while carrying two cranky kids.

4. I have a police officer friend who has offered to come and check all the vehicle plates for any misdemeanours that she can call them on.

5. I can call in when I smell the pot (normally I am for or don't care, but karma bitches).

6?? something more satisfying, not so mean but solves the issue without giving anything of myself up. I just think they are being disrespectful.

I wasn't sure if this was just me imagining, but today there is deliberate tire marks all up our front sidewalk when it was unnecessary as the street was clear all day for parking (except now in front of my house with a huge heavy duty mechanical truck that belongs to the neighbour Sad )

Thoughts? What would HamataK do?
Interesting. It would appear as though you've been brooding on this for awhile. All that should be required is a simple, humble request to not park in front of your house. Make sure to ask nicely (believe it or not) and watch your tone. Chances are they are unaware of the stress they are causing you.

If they refuse then I suggest aquiring a chemical suit, some duct tape, some simple chemicals that can be bought at any hardware store, and some wire cutters. When they are asleep take those wire cutters and sever their phone line. You should then quietly seal up their windows and doors with the duct tape but make sure to leave one door untouched. Now put on that suit and mix up those chemicals in a big bowl and place it inside their house (make sure to be quick). Seal up the door as you leave. That should remove your problem......for added lols. Cut their break lines so that when they try to escape in their cars.....they won't!

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
10-01-2013, 06:50 PM
(10-01-2013 06:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  Next time you drive past some road works. When nobody is looking take a few cones.

If anybody moves the cones and parks in your space then get a spark plug and with a hammer smash the ceramic white section off. Using a medium sized piece all you have to do is gently flick it at a window of theirs (or use a catapult from the safety of inside your house) and believe it or not it will smash.

Might not solve the problem but it will make you feel better as they scratch their heads wondering what smashed it as they will never look at a teeny piece of ceramic and think that did it.
Usually I like to go with the aggressive approach right off the bat. However. You must keep in mind that stoners are a very resourceful and creative bunch. They'll figure it out eventually, become paranoid, and make any further attempts impossibly difficult.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
10-01-2013, 08:11 PM
(10-01-2013 06:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  Next time you drive past some road works. When nobody is looking take a few cones.

Sweet! Not only are you good at seeing conspiracy theories, you are good at creating them, too! Thumbsup Love it.

(10-01-2013 06:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Interesting. It would appear as though you've been brooding on this for awhile.

Every. Other. Day. (when it is the time they do this.)

(10-01-2013 06:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  All that should be required is a simple, humble request to not park in front of your house. Make sure to ask nicely (believe it or not) and watch your tone. Chances are they are unaware of the stress they are causing you.

Doing this in T-1.25 hrs, after dinner.

(10-01-2013 06:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  If they refuse then I suggest aquiring a chemical suit, some duct tape, some simple chemicals that can be bought at any hardware store, and some wire cutters. When they are asleep take those wire cutters and sever their phone line. You should then quietly seal up their windows and doors with the duct tape but make sure to leave one door untouched. Now put on that suit and mix up those chemicals in a big bowl and place it inside their house (make sure to be quick). Seal up the door as you leave. That should remove your problem......for added lols. Cut their break lines so that when they try to escape in their cars.....they won't!

Unfortunately, they prob just have cell phones. Sad (sad face). Looks like after plan A fails I'm going for original option 4 in my OP. I talked to my friend and she can bring several partners over, ha ha. I kinda just want plan A to fail so I can watch that. This is actually turing out to be a great time, I Heart my life. Ahhh.

Thanks for the advice, you're a peach, the both of ya!
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
@LJ, slash their tires.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post