Advice from yours truly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: Advice from yours truly.
Wait what, do they not work or something or are you just so filthy rich you can afford to go around smashing harddrives?
I'm so confused.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 02:16 AM
(12-01-2013 02:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait what, do they not work or something or are you just so filthy rich you can afford to go around smashing harddrives?
I'm so confused.

None of them work anymore, and as such, they no long sever a purpose.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
12-01-2013, 02:21 AM
(12-01-2013 02:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 02:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait what, do they not work or something or are you just so filthy rich you can afford to go around smashing harddrives?
I'm so confused.

None of them work anymore, and as such, they no long sever a purpose.

ahhh hello, paper weight...

Bloody typical Aussie.. no imagination. It's no bloody wonder you didn't come up with the pavlova. Drinking Beverage

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
12-01-2013, 02:25 AM
I don't have any papers to weigh down.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
12-01-2013, 02:42 AM
(12-01-2013 02:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't have any papers to weigh down.
[Image: a.aaa-DAFUQ-IS-THIS-SHIT.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Dear AttackOfTheHams,

My fountain pen leaks
My wife hollers at me and my kids are all freaks
Every side I get up on is the wrong side of bed
If it weren't so expensive I'd wish I were dead

Signed unhappy

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2013, 08:51 PM
(13-01-2013 02:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dear AttackOfTheHams,

My fountain pen leaks

Signed unhappy
................................................................................​.................

right

Use a quill pen. It's fancier.
Make you wife holler for a different reason and start making money off your freak kids.
Put your bed into a dimension that has no sides so you can never wake up on the bad side...or any side for that matter.
Death is not expensive. Funerals are. So fake your death and become a superhero or something like that. I need a sidekick anyway.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
15-01-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 08:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-01-2013 08:51 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 02:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dear AttackOfTheHams,

My fountain pen leaks

Signed unhappy
................................................................................​.................

right

Use a quill pen. It's fancier.
Make you wife holler for a different reason and start making money off your freak kids.
Put your bed into a dimension that has no sides so you can never wake up on the bad side...or any side for that matter.
Death is not expensive. Funerals are. So fake your death and become a superhero or something like that. I need a sidekick anyway.

Excellent advice! Thumbsup

Step 1: Ima gonna seriously get me one of them quill pens. ... They're cool. ... Like fezzes and bowties.
Step 2: Ima gonna get me a circular bed which has no sides. ... Might as well put some mirrors on my ceiling just for the fuck of it while I'm at it.
Step 3: Ima gonna donate my body to the body farm so there ain't no funeral expenses.
Step 4: Still gotta figure out how to make money off my leeches. ... Some are more talented than others.

Thanks, HamAttack!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-01-2013, 12:27 AM
My wife married a previously strong christian, now (at the time) a 'spiritual' guy with whom she could attend the occaional service and pray at meals, and etc. She now finds herself married to a guy who does not believe in god at all, and has also shifted on several of his previously held ideas on many topics that were previously informed by his belief in a god and that the bible was a valid place to find 'answers', ut now does not.

We are still in love and are happy except she is saddened by this change.

I long to show her how much happier I am and how I feel that the (real) truth has finally set me free! She is a nurse, trained in science and very smart. I can see that some part of her brain is wanting to peek into the realm of rational thought but the emotional tug of her lifelong religious belief is pulling her back.

I plan to go see Seth when he comes to San Antonio in March (Yay!!) and want to take her with me.

I'm hoping that since his story is very similar to mine, and he tells it so well, it will let her see a bit into my mind on this.

What do you think?

David
16-01-2013, 04:21 AM
(16-01-2013 12:27 AM)DavidW59 Wrote:  My wife married a previously strong christian, now (at the time) a 'spiritual' guy with whom she could attend the occaional service and pray at meals, and etc. She now finds herself married to a guy who does not believe in god at all, and has also shifted on several of his previously held ideas on many topics that were previously informed by his belief in a god and that the bible was a valid place to find 'answers', ut now does not.

We are still in love and are happy except she is saddened by this change.

I long to show her how much happier I am and how I feel that the (real) truth has finally set me free! She is a nurse, trained in science and very smart. I can see that some part of her brain is wanting to peek into the realm of rational thought but the emotional tug of her lifelong religious belief is pulling her back.

I plan to go see Seth when he comes to San Antonio in March (Yay!!) and want to take her with me.

I'm hoping that since his story is very similar to mine, and he tells it so well, it will let her see a bit into my mind on this.

What do you think?

David
Ah. A very good question. It's a good idea to ask this to others and get their opinions on it.

What I suggest you try showing her is the joy of the human spirit. No I don't mean soul. Spirit is an entirely different thing. Show her that one can be strong without the the help of some accursed god. Show her that everything she has achieved has been of her own power, her own volition. She should take great pride in being a nurse (becoming one is quite difficult). Do not show her atheist material like Dawkins or Hitchens. No they come off as pushy in some cases. Also, don't cram anti religion documentaries and what not. That' a surefire way to fail miserably.

If she wants to go to a sermon tag along. The things are usually fun to watch. If she needs comfort for something, use yourself not a god and don't be smug about it. Ask if she wants to go to Seths powow. Don't make it a surprise as it will most likely blow up in your face.

In short. Don't push a single, goddamn thing. Be mellow and just go with the flow. Eventually your presence alone will make her adjust at her own pace. Certainly don't hide what your doing and don't back down from questions. Just be.....well "there".

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice appreciated dipswitch 7 147 21-07-2014 09:32 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Advice on dealing with parents Samuel 5 132 20-07-2014 08:10 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Need thoughts and advice Full Circle 25 351 22-06-2014 09:26 PM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  Need Some Advice Jasozz 11 198 12-05-2014 09:28 AM
Last Post: Jasozz
  Pregnancy "advice" Hobbitgirl 41 509 17-03-2014 06:40 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Thinking about coming out as an atheist to one person....advice Pearl 11 253 04-03-2014 07:43 PM
Last Post: GwenB3
  Funeral advice cattiberra 15 308 27-02-2014 11:55 PM
Last Post: Caveman