Advice needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Advice needed
Dont reply and let it go or?

Hi all, new member here. New to what I now know what I am, an atheist. Have learned more by reading here the past year than in 55 years of my life, so thank you.

I've gone from, like most when confronted with believers and their beliefs and level of indoctrination, keeping my mouth shut to speaking out. (probably not wise I know), but after being lied to so long and now have knowledge to counter the lies I feel a lil empowered to confront.

A few months ago my 1st cousin's son and wife gave birth to a baby boy with a brain tumor. The chils passed recently unfortunately. During and after this time I awoke every morning to post after post of, mysterious ways, gods plan, god had a better purpose etc... (all of em deeply indoctrinated southern baptist, Texas).

What got to me most was all these thank yous and praises to god every day and not 1 ty to or for the hospital and medical staff for baby Kade! So one day I spoke up, added a simple thank you to the team of Dr's and nurses who sacrificed their time, knowledge, skill, and dedication.

I was attacked by a few with god guided them retorts, because god, blah, blah, blah. So I read here extensively and responded with Genesis, dna findings, contradictions, Exodus and the facts that refute that myth, the Ark, provided peer reviewed findings on the power of prayer, then steered into ID...the human body, useless appendages, oxegen, digestion, waste disposal, then into animals, the rabbit and panda...the Earth, water we cant drink, sun causing cancer, leprosy, catarachs, etc...then the universe, vastness, zillions of planets but Earth solely made just for us by god and how unreasonable that is,

They said I was a perfect example of Satan working through me. :-(

This morning I woke to this and I dont know if I should just close the book, walk away and say I tried or to respond...I'd love to respond but I'm not as well versed and a horrible debater, not sure if I would dig a deeper hole or ?

Here is a response I woke to: You copy and pasting stuff doesn't make it true I could do that as well as a believer I will prove you are wrong and then ask you to disprove me as well. Scientists have found a hidden message in DNA code that reads translated from the original text where we got our language from it reads "God eternal within the body" that is something that cannot be manipulated or changed and the fact that it reads that proves a figure above us created us. You honestly believe the big bang happened? That is such bogus if it happened a higher being had to have perfectly set it for all the stuff around us to be perfectly placed sun etc. The comparison to chimps was disproven because the similarities they thought were wrong so that theory is out the window the theory of evolution is gone cause it was disproven as well. You have nothing but basically atheists on the last leg trying to disprove something that does exist a FYI to they found Jesus's tomb and found a lylon cloth. God is real buddy hate to spoil your non beliefs but also you must be okay with sex outside marriage well that is a big reason STD's exist if people were faithful to ONE person that wouldn't be a issue crime rates would drop and people's morals would be better also where did good morals come from also why are the laws we have so similar to the bible remember bible is estimated to be 2000 years old well before any law existed so wise guy come on I just disproved all you said and the mitochondria DNA you spoke of they never did it. You believe in oxygen yet you cannot see it but you have a hard time believing in a higher being? That makes no sense. You also realize they tested prayer the pyscological effects of it and proved that during prayer people enter into a trance that scientists cannot explain if you wanna vouch 100% in science go for it but when I am a faith believer myself and know more about the scientific basis on this topic then you that's bad dude you need to really educate yourself on this issue god bless cause you definitely need it.

Ok so: For starters I never asked for anybody to approve what I wrote/provided, I just left info and evidence, (links) to bolster my stance. (the theory of evolution has been disproven?), dna has words coded in it?, found jesus tomb!?, with a loin cloth to add to that claim?, morals, (i explained morals were: Morality is a product of empathy, a natural evolutionary propensity that aids in survival. If you lack morality it isn't because you lack religion, it's because you lack empathy. People are good in spite of religion, not because of it). STDs outside marriage?

So advice time, let it go or can anyone provide me with the proper way to reply? I'd love to burst his bubble he desearves it I feel, whats your thoughts or advice, help?

One lady left this message: The above statements by Mr. (My name)show satan's work at it's finest. Yes, people were destroyed because they rebelled against God, and they received the punishment that they had been inflicting on others. The captive women were never referred to as sexual objects. They probably eventually married the Israelites and were given all the rights of a wife. There is no indication that rape or sex slavery was forced on these women. The Bible condemns rape and even advocates the death penalty for rapists. Also, Jesus did exist, and yes he was fully human, but he was also fully God. The apostles of Jesus did not die horrendous deaths because they would not deny a myth. I will be praying for Mr. (my name).

Ugh :-(

Thank you all for listening.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cuda12's post
23-06-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Advice needed
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

I am not sure I would even bother debating people like this, they are so far down the rabbit hole of woo. I'm not sure anything you could say could convince them otherwise. I mean they even pulled out the Satan card. Facepalm

The lady at the end of your post clearly hasn't read her Bible and is going from the cherry picked passages they give you in church. From Deuteronomy 21:

Marrying a Captive Woman

10 When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her.

I guess God forgot to add the part about the woman's consent. Hobo

Also, has that lady from your post ever heard of Heaven's Gate or any of the other religious movements where people were willing to die for their beliefs?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Well this person is definitely wrong in many ways, there is no hidden message in our DNA, evolution has not been disproved, it is a fact and the more time biologists study it the more evidence we have to prove it's real.

It seems he only believe's in the "science" he hears about at church, I can guarantee if you press him and ask for any proof or studies for what he's stating he won't be able to because he just heard it from someone else. One part of his statement is interesting:

"I am a faith believer myself..."

Fact is if we did have all this science backing up his beliefs he wouldn't need faith, scientists don't need faith, they only discover the truth. This is what theists do, they shoot arrows, run over to where it lands and paint a bulls-eye around it. Any and all "scientific" proof of their beliefs are non sequiturs and confirmation biased findings that can't be corroborated anywhere.

I once argued with a guy who said he knew that being homosexual causes chemical imbalances in the brain and it can lead to depression and even criminal behavior. I couldn't find one article or study online even joining a scientific journal site to search their database that agreed with this statements. He completely refused to link me any site that agreed with his statements, he clearly just heard this nonsense in church. When I provided links showing that homosexuals are actually more likely to be happy in a relationship, the WHO releasing a statement condemning anyone treating homosexuality as an illness he said it doesn't matter, that the entire internet is filled with liberal propaganda.

It's sad but if you do feel like going forward just ask pointed scientific questions and demand any outside source as proof of his statements, it can't be from a Christian site, a totally unbiased scientific site or journal and see what he can find. If he can't than he's just making that shit up, which he clearly is. I would also ask why they feel so threatened by your statements, if their faith was truly strong they wouldn't need any science to back them up and they would just happily pray for you but no they have to argue, it's just a waste of their time.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
23-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi Jennybee, have always enjoyed reading your posts. She left me this tidbit the other day

Then why are you still talking? Your rantings fall on deaf ears. I have my beliefs and faith that I would be willing to die for If necessary. i have a much higher regarded educator than you, but thanks. God bless.

I replied: You reply, I answer.
Your reply equals a child plugging his/her ears and muttering...I cant hear you, blah, blah, blah.
Your beliefs to the point of sacrificing your one and only life for is scary and even more so disturbing and dangerous!
As far as your regarded educator:

Then I posted facts of an imperfect human body, animals, the universe, etc...to counter her higher regarded educator.
[+] 2 users Like Cuda12's post
23-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Ty Sistasky :-)

Thats my problem, I dont know how to construct pointed specific questions and which resources/links to ask for...(I guess that falls under constructing the right questions to ask). I know he's fos, pardon my language...I just dont know how to intelligently put them in their place. :-(
23-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Oh I totally forgot about the morality thing, yeah the Bible is 2,000 years old, not even all that moral really but they're forgetting about the Code of Hammurabi which was written in 1754 BC, which is about 4,000 years ago, it has 282 laws.

Code of Hammurabi

23-06-2016, 04:29 PM
(23-06-2016 04:17 PM)Cuda12 Wrote:  Hi Jennybee, have always enjoyed reading your posts. She left me this tidbit the other day

Then why are you still talking? Your rantings fall on deaf ears. I have my beliefs and faith that I would be willing to die for If necessary. i have a much higher regarded educator than you, but thanks. God bless.

I replied: You reply, I answer.
Your reply equals a child plugging his/her ears and muttering...I cant hear you, blah, blah, blah.
Your beliefs to the point of sacrificing your one and only life for is scary and even more so disturbing and dangerous!
As far as your regarded educator:

Then I posted facts of an imperfect human body, animals, the universe, etc...to counter her higher regarded educator.

Unfortunately, she's not going to come out of the woo. People like that want to stay in the woo. It's really hard to reason with people who use magic as an answer each and every time.

Welcome to TTA, btw! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-06-2016, 04:36 PM
(23-06-2016 04:23 PM)Cuda12 Wrote:  Ty Sistasky :-)

Thats my problem, I dont know how to construct pointed specific questions and which resources/links to ask for...(I guess that falls under constructing the right questions to ask). I know he's fos, pardon my language...I just dont know how to intelligently put them in their place. :-(

It's true it can be tough to form intelligent questions they can still understand enough to answer. Here's a good one I ask all the time "If you believe we all descend from Adam and Eve why do we all look so different, the human races?" They usually answer something about change over time, just remind them that gradual change and adaptation are laws of evolution, if they can clearly see the differences in the human races depending on their global origin then they are actually seeing evolution in action. Also remind them that all living beings are transitional forms, we weren't just made this way.

You can also bring up dinosaur fossils or any fossils that are dated to be much much older than the Bible would have us believe the Earth is, millions of years old in fact, old trees that survived the flood, animals that are only found in part of the world who clearly never boarded the Ark, etc. If they question carbon dating, remind them that there are different types of carbon dating and they are reliable and produce consistent results, also ask if this type of scientific testing isn't good enough why do they trust the tests that show words in DNA? Is one kind of science better than another?

23-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Forget these fools. They don't even know who or what Satan is. Satan is actually the hero of the bible. Although he is forced to work on behalf of god. Job is a perfect example.

Satan is to like like Prometheus. Just as he stole fire from the gods to give it to humans, Satan gave wisdom to humans. Both punished of course. Satan is the great scapegoat of the bible.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Leave these idiots alone in their stupidity.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 04:43 PM
(23-06-2016 04:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Forget these fools. They don't even know who or what Satan is. Satan is actually the hero of the bible. Although he is forced to work on behalf of god. Job is a perfect example.

Satan is to like like Prometheus. Just as he stole fire from the gods to give it to humans, Satan gave wisdom to humans. Both punished of course. Satan is the great scapegoat of the bible.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Leave these idiots alone in their stupidity.

I totally agree, whenever a Chistian has told me that Satan is messing with my mind I always say "Well I'm happy, does Satan want me to be happy?" and they always say "Yeah, he does! He wants to confuse you and he wants you to think you're happy so you never ask God for his love during hard times." Because God wants you miserable? Yeah makes sense, I've also gone through hard times of course, just like everyone, still didn't need God...or Satan for that matter.

Your statements remind me of the Good Guy Lucifer meme, they're awesome:

[Image: 382599.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like SitaSky's post