Advice needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 06:24 AM
RE: Advice needed
(23-06-2016 04:23 PM)Cuda12 Wrote:  Thats my problem, I don't know how to construct pointed specific questions and which resources/links to ask for...(I guess that falls under constructing the right questions to ask). I know he's fos, pardon my language...I just don't know how to intelligently put them in their place.

Unfortunately, there are literally NO worthwhile responses available and/or required to address such a complete load of absolute religious bullshit...

Quote:You copy and pasting stuff doesn't make it true I could do that as well as a believer I will prove you are wrong and then ask you to disprove me as well. Scientists have found a hidden message in DNA code that reads translated from the original text where we got our language from it reads "God eternal within the body" that is something that cannot be manipulated or changed and the fact that it reads that proves a figure above us created us.

You honestly believe the big bang happened? That is such bogus if it happened a higher being had to have perfectly set it for all the stuff around us to be perfectly placed sun etc. The comparison to chimps was disproven because the similarities they thought were wrong so that theory is out the window the theory of evolution is gone cause it was disproven as well.

You have nothing but basically atheists on the last leg trying to disprove something that does exist a FYI to they found Jesus's tomb and found a lylon cloth. God is real buddy hate to spoil your non beliefs but also you must be okay with sex outside marriage well that is a big reason STD's exist if people were faithful to ONE person that wouldn't be a issue crime rates would drop and people's morals would be better also where did good morals come from also why are the laws we have so similar to the bible remember bible is estimated to be 2000 years old well before any law existed so wise guy come on I just disproved all you said and the mitochondria DNA you spoke of they never did it.

You believe in oxygen yet you cannot see it but you have a hard time believing in a higher being? That makes no sense. You also realize they tested prayer the psychological effects of it and proved that during prayer people enter into a trance that scientists cannot explain if you wanna vouch 100% in science go for it but when I am a faith believer myself and know more about the scientific basis on this topic then you that's bad dude you need to really educate yourself on this issue god bless cause you definitely need it.

My advice? Don't even think of wasting any more of your time with this person; he's obviously mentally delusional, naive, uneducated and gullible. That someone living in a scientifically-enlightened 21st century believes all this drivel is, quite frankly, a little disturbing. A person such as this moron will never be swayed by any of your arguments, regardless of your evidence; you'll only be banging your head against the proverbial brick wall if you continue to debate him.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-06-2016, 06:38 AM
Cuda.....

Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer.

Intercessory prayer itself had no effect on complication-free recovery from CABG, but certainty of receiving intercessory prayer was associated with a higher incidence of complications.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-06-2016, 06:38 AM
You should probably let this one go. The person you’re talking to is not science-literate and has probably been programmed to think in such a way that evidence and independent thinking are considered “bad” or at the very least, foreign. I think your arguments are falling on deaf ears because she lacks even the basic framework to understand.

If you do want to continue this conversation, then I’d focus on the framework. If it was me, I’d take a biblically friendly approach to introducing science and just try to marvel with her about how awesome something like DNA is and how it fights off disease… and how it opens itself up to disease… Try to focus on how the design is amazing, and that we humans have the capacity to hack this system for our own purposes. The power is within us, the people to cure disease. –But we need to understand the design in order to do that, which is why it’s so important for Christians to get science educations. Meet her half-way on the G-d issue so she doesn’t close herself off to what you have to say.

If you can get the foundation built, your friend might later be able to understand why some people don’t agree with the G-d position held so fiercely by fundamentalists.

Let us know how things work out with your friend.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
24-06-2016, 08:38 AM
I sympathize with you regarding the anger; my family was/is largely in the medical profession and heard that drivel all the time. Currently we have friends with a little grandson with cancer, and the miracle of his recovery goes on and on for posts and pages and paragraphs. Thanking the staff is a sentence buried in there somewhere, and NO acknowledgement of the science and years of research.
24-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Ty all...whew, barely made it through the night. Temperature went as high as 103. Shivered n sweated all night. Just returned from a cruise to Alaska and think I got something. Resting now, but my innards amd brain feel cooked.

I think. SYZ said it best and I've decided to drop it and not reply, walk away and just continue learning from you all.

That someone living in a scientifically-enlightened 21st century believes all this drivel is, quite frankly, a little disturbing. <~~~ thanks...thats somethink I find myself saying a lot. How can anyone in this day n age, knowing all we know now, believe such garbage nor see it for what it really is, a mind, body, n control cult, a cancer on the world responsible for murder, torture, child abuse on so many levels, not to mention keeping society from moving on, progressing! We should be FAR more advanced than we are now :-(

I'm learning, growing, and becoming a better person/human everyday. Part of my growth is contributed to being here learning from you, thank you!
24-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Cuda, I think walking away is a great decision. Another point that I was going to make before I saw your last post was to consider the parents and their grieving. At this time perhaps the comfort of religion, no matter how inane it is, will help the parents get through a terrible time of their lives. Hearing/seeing debate on this topic is probably not helpful to them. I don't know if they are party to your discussions or even could be in a facebook forum or the like. Take the high road and let the parents heal in a way that they choose.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post