Advice on evangelicals, please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Advice on evangelicals, please
(04-11-2012 09:47 PM)TheHappiestGuy Wrote:  
Quote:>What is the URL of the site?

I can understand your curiosity, but I'm not going to go there.

My questions, again: Has someone investigated the extent to which such deceptive evangelism takes place among overseas missionary groups? Does anyone have specific information (book titles, journal article titles, links to specific discussion threads, links to other websites, etc) that will help me explore this kind of activity? Also, is there a good name for it?

Then no discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Advice on evangelicals, please
I agree with Erxomai that what I have described is a marketing ploy. It's what modern-day evangelicals often refer to as BAM (Business As Mission). AND there is intentional obfuscation of the facts along with deception. That is clear.

Thanks, Erxomai, for the reference to Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Church"; I have the book. But as I asked in my initial post:
Quote:Has someone investigated the extent to which such deceptive evangelism takes
place among overseas missionary groups?
There must be something in print about this kind of deceptive activity among missionaries. If someone has specific information, please let me know.

theophilus writes that
Quote:>Christ... commanded us to preach the gospel to everyone.
You are referring to the so-called "Great Commission", a passage which was added to the biblical text at a later date, but that doesn't really help answer my questions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply