Advice sought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 03:10 AM
RE: Advice sought
You're worried that he might go to jail and it might be worse than... ?

I see two options here, if he is in fact doing dodgy stuff:
1. He goes to jail now before he can hurt too many more people, including your sister.
2. He goes to jail later after doing the same again, potentially implicating your sister again...

I think an anonymous tip to the police is maybe a good idea. You can explain that you don't want them to find out it was you. Better, if he is up to no good, that it gets stopped now before it grows again - ruining people's business is... fucking low.

Maybe he is on the straight and narrow though, but if he is, then the police having a little routine inspection is hardly a bad thing, whereas if he isn't, you will have stopped it before it gets out of hand.

It's a tough situation. Sorry man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 03:21 AM
I used to be a lot closer to my sis but we fell out over a lot of this and other things related to the relationship..... so whilst I think I may be able to talk to her, I know that there is a chance she wont fill me in on the complete truth (thats one thing we fell out over, her lying to me in the past about things)

I agree MoronDog that there is no harm in the authorities checking him out....... after all if he had nothing to hide then what is to worry about....... and there are plenty of ways somebody could alert the authorities anonymously, that isnt a problem.

I dont want to do anything hasty..... I dont want to put any unnecesary burdens on anybody when potentially there could be no need for it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
14-07-2012, 03:24 AM
(14-07-2012 03:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I dont want to do anything hasty..... I dont want to put any unnecesary burdens on anybody when potentially there could be no need for it.
I think you'll find the right way Smile Hard to choose sometimes, but not being hasty is a good idea.
14-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately it sounds like your sister may be taken in by the money...if he was fixing up her house and they had money to do things with. She may be willing to turn a blind eye to the legality of how the money is obtained if she is really enjoying the benefits.

As an adult, she can make her own choices...since she was busted once and got off fairly easily, maybe she has decided any risk is worth it.

Bad situation for you having to watch another potential crash and burn. She must be getting something she wants or needs from this relationship or she wouldn't have stayed around during his time in prison, would have been the perfect time to make a break. That or he was/is holding something over her head that is forcing her to stay.

Sorry you are going through this.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I think if it was roles reversed then I would expect my sister to at least talk to me about it first, going to the feds is a kinda last resort.

Im currently trying to look up the law on fraud offences and starting a new business........ I think he had to declare himself bankrupt so I imagine there will be limitations set on a timescale. Im thinking if I get myself informed then I will stand in a better position when I go down and talk to them both, to see if they lie about anything or not.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-07-2012, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 02:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-07-2012 12:10 AM)bemore Wrote:  My sister met a guy a few years and started to date him...... he was actually at the end of a 2 year prison sentence for fraud of his own business and was at an open prison. He never told my sister this but instead told her he was in the army (he had been in the army for years but had been out about 4 when they met I think). Obv it came out in the end that all of this was a crock of shit...... my sister forgave him.

He then started up a security business with my sister......... whilst he was in the begginings of doing this he started a double life and was dating my sister and another woman. My sister found out about this and kicked him out...... but after about a month she took him back.

Sucks, brother.

Apparently sex can fuck up women every bit as much as it does men. Maybe worse. It's kinda an acute condition with men which'll pass, sounds more like a chronic condition with her.

(14-07-2012 08:23 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im currently trying to look up the law on fraud offences and starting a new business........ I think he had to declare himself bankrupt so I imagine there will be limitations set on a timescale. Im thinking if I get myself informed then I will stand in a better position when I go down and talk to them both, to see if they lie about anything or not.

Unless he's got other skills to fall back on, he's gonna keep being a con man. Since his credibility's now ruined, he's gonna look to your sister to provide the front for his next fraud.

(14-07-2012 03:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  I used to be a lot closer to my sis but we fell out over a lot of this and other things related to the relationship..... so whilst I think I may be able to talk to her, I know that there is a chance she wont fill me in on the complete truth (thats one thing we fell out over, her lying to me in the past about things)

Well, since her credibility is also now suspect, he's probably trying to convince her to convince you to be the front for the next fraud. You could play along up to the point where it's obviously illegal and turn him in. But your sister might go down too.

Guess you could introduce her to one of your friends who ain't such a prick and see if she takes a liking to him.

Or you could just beat the shit out of him and tell him to disappear and stay the fuck away from your sister.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post