Advise for surviving nicotine cold turkey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Advise for surviving nicotine cold turkey
Eating oranges did it for me, as the citrus smell and taste made me feel anything but for a smoke. It gave me something to do with my hands and I felt I was doing something good for my body instead of damaging it. Adding up the money you save every month is a good incentive too. I took 3 concerted efforts to give the bludgers up, so congrats on your efforts, I know it's really tough. I don't even think about having one now and don't miss the thousands that I would have had sucked into my body if I didn't stop. The only regret you will have is that you didn't stop earlier. It's a big lifetime win if you can do it mate, good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2016, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 08:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-09-2016 12:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Lots of chewing gum, ....

With lots of nicotine in it. Never smoked but I dipped Copenhagen snuff which I assure you is even more dangerous than smoking. Tried Chantix to quit cold turkey. Enjoyed the vivid dreams but didn't have no effect on my nicotine cravings. Just said fuck it and started putting Nicorette between my cheek and gum instead of Copenhagen. That was going on 30 years ago. My nicotine levels have never been higher.

#sigh
06-09-2016, 05:41 AM
So how is it going? Holding on?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
06-09-2016, 07:10 AM
I haven't had any nicotine today and am committed to keeping it up. It's pretty damn tempting though, I don't mind telling you. Drinking lots of tea and keeping busy. Done the washing up now to cook a mighty spaghetti bolognaise. Busy busy. Found myself snapping when they said something stupid on the radio....so sensitive and tetchy! I need to be alone untill I chill the fuck out mang!
[+] 2 users Like Pragmatix's post
06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
You're doing great then - for the circumstances Wink
Well the worst will be over in a few days. After that it will be only your brain and your old habits Smile
Keep it up, man

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
06-09-2016, 12:05 PM
damnit I just cracked. 7pm where I am (UK). Maybe I need to take the plunge and actually throw away my vaping supplies. It seems so gung ho to throw out £100 worth of kit however. The other problem is that I need to keep busy with reading and writing but just slept in this morning and acheived bugger all (apart from the spag bol - which was tasty). I had a hangover today you see. I mean to stay off the booze too. None today and then I'll be fresh for a propper productive day tomorrow, nicotine and alcohol free forever more. I'm going to take the plunge and actually throw away my supplies tonight. All of it - in the wheely bin outside. Commit you cowardly specimin/1 COMMIT!!11!!
06-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Wow - I collected all my vaping and smoking paraphenalia - circa £200 worth I'd guess. It's all in a bag ready to get thrown away before bed tonight. i must be crazy! lol
06-09-2016, 12:27 PM
I quit cold turkey about 17 years ago. I chewed on straws and coffee stirrers for a couple weeks until the cravings subsided. Hardest thing to do was to keep busy enough so I thought about smoking as little as possible.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
06-09-2016, 02:12 PM
OK, it's all in the wheely bin outside, which smells like a tramp's nightmare so I shouldn't be tempted to fish the vaping stuff out later. Viva la revolution!
06-09-2016, 02:35 PM
(06-09-2016 12:16 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Wow - I collected all my vaping and smoking paraphenalia - circa £200 worth I'd guess. It's all in a bag ready to get thrown away before bed tonight. i must be crazy! lol

I ripped open a carton of Marlboros and flushed each pack down the loo one at a time the day I quit.

BTW, "Advice is nice, advise is wise."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user