Advise for surviving nicotine cold turkey

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Advise for surviving nicotine cold turkey
(06-09-2016 02:12 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  OK, it's all in the wheely bin outside, which smells like a tramp's nightmare so I shouldn't be tempted to fish the vaping stuff out later. Viva la revolution!

good going, you don't need any of that shit anyway, you are done right? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm so very done. It's going to be tough, and I'm not looking forward to it, but there's no way I'm coughing up another ton to get new vaping supplies and I sure as hell (crappy turn of phrase) sure as no hell won't get back on the cancer sticks. Three really uncomfortable days then it starts to get easier - that's what I'm expecting. STRONG MAN HNGRGHGH! I'll be very smug and pleased with myself after a fortnight :grin:
06-09-2016, 02:57 PM
pulling for you from across the pond. My dad died way too young and mom suffered for more than a decade from the effects of lifelong smoking. To say I hate the shit would be an understatement.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks mate. Sorry to hear about your folks - that filthy weed has so much to answer for - as do the governments who allow it's proliferation whilst claiming to care for their people. Tobacco should definately be illegal. It is in Bhutan and they're happy as larry!
06-09-2016, 03:14 PM
(06-09-2016 02:35 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 12:16 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Wow - I collected all my vaping and smoking paraphenalia - circa £200 worth I'd guess. It's all in a bag ready to get thrown away before bed tonight. i must be crazy! lol

I ripped open a carton of Marlboros and flushed each pack down the loo one at a time the day I quit.

BTW, "Advice is nice, advise is wise."

I had the word "advice" misspelled as "advise" in a signature I had on one board -- for almost 3 years -- till some spelling NAZI pointed it out.....

I knew the difference of course -- it was just the result of a bad cut and paste job - and no spell check on the signature....

go figger......

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-09-2016, 03:28 PM
I noticed the typo on day 2...most unlike me but hey whatever mang - the meaning is clear enough.
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM
(06-09-2016 12:16 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Wow - I collected all my vaping and smoking paraphenalia - circa £200 worth I'd guess. It's all in a bag ready to get thrown away before bed tonight. i must be crazy! lol

You are crazy. Go dig that shit out and put it on ebay. In detox I noticed what the hospital will give for nicotine addicts: patches, gum, and vapes. Tells me they're not too concerned with the nicotine itself. It's the other shit that will kill you. And there is some evidence that nicotine has some prophylactic effect against Alzheimer's.

#sigh
06-09-2016, 04:44 PM
You'll get through it.
May I ask what your driving force is? Like why you decided to stop?
Because I am not sure why many need a big distraction. For me the idea of dieing from it (which I was at the time) was enough to be like, "ok fuck this shit, I am not touching those smokes again"
That was probably 4 years ago. Like sometimes I wish I could have a smoke to be honest. But all it needs for me is really to think of what I went through 4 years ago and I really don't want it anymore.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
07-09-2016, 08:15 AM
I fished it all out of the bin. Try again tomorrow, after flushing all the e-liquid down the toilet. I won't be putting the machines on ebay - it'd be a hastle and unhygenic. Having a drink too today - going out with a bang! Bear with me callers.....
07-09-2016, 08:51 AM
(07-09-2016 08:15 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  I fished it all out of the bin. Try again tomorrow, after flushing all the e-liquid down the toilet. I won't be putting the machines on ebay - it'd be a hastle and unhygenic. Having a drink too today - going out with a bang! Bear with me callers.....

Each day will be a little better than the last. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user