Advising Morally

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: Advising Morally
So you're saying that if I identify myself as a rapist rather than an atheist then I will make a better first impression? That explains why I'm single! Next person I meet, if they ask what religion I am, I'll tell them I'm a rapist and I attend the church of small childs! Thanks for the dating tip!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
26-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Well I got back an update from my work friend.
Apparently Scandinavia is a hot bed for debauchery as preached from the pastor, armageddon will wipe it out.
He is going to sit out the Atheist announcement until he moves out of home and leaves the church.
(They have a pentecostal guest at the church that's hanging around doing faith (fainting) healing for "donations".
Really cant see him bitting his tongue forever.

Going to see if I can come along and video it.
Need a pin hole bible came.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(26-11-2013 07:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  So you're saying that if I identify myself as a rapist rather than an atheist then I will make a better first impression? That explains why I'm single! Next person I meet, if they ask what religion I am, I'll tell them I'm a rapist and I attend the church of small childs! Thanks for the dating tip!

Yeah definitely lead with the rapist thing. You can't go wrong, girls love a bad boy Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-11-2013, 08:05 PM
(26-11-2013 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 07:46 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  So you're saying that if I identify myself as a rapist rather than an atheist then I will make a better first impression? That explains why I'm single! Next person I meet, if they ask what religion I am, I'll tell them I'm a rapist and I attend the church of small childs! Thanks for the dating tip!

Yeah definitely lead with the rapist thing. You can't go wrong, girls love a bad boy Thumbsup

Does it help to say I eat small childs or is that crossing a line?
26-11-2013, 08:18 PM
(26-11-2013 08:05 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah definitely lead with the rapist thing. You can't go wrong, girls love a bad boy Thumbsup

Does it help to say I eat small childs or is that crossing a line?

You gotta leave that for the second date I think. You don't want a stalker who is obsessed with you Laughat
26-11-2013, 08:23 PM
(26-11-2013 08:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 08:05 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Does it help to say I eat small childs or is that crossing a line?

You gotta leave that for the second date I think. You don't want a stalker who is obsessed with you Laughat

Oh thank you! I feel like I need you as a life coach! So... When should I bring up the part about me being all the gods that have ever existed?
26-11-2013, 08:25 PM
(26-11-2013 08:23 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 08:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You gotta leave that for the second date I think. You don't want a stalker who is obsessed with you Laughat

Oh thank you! I feel like I need you as a life coach! So... When should I bring up the part about me being all the gods that have ever existed?

Right as she's about to orgasm. "Oh god!" Then you come in with a "well actually...." Laughat oh this is fun. I require 45k + for my assistance as life coach on a permanent basis Tongue
26-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Crap, I just remembered which thread we are on though, we've gotten this thing way off topic, sorry to the OP!!!
26-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Ooh shoot, my bad OP, probably not the place for life-coaching.
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
27-11-2013, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 09:11 PM by joshChase.)
(26-11-2013 06:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I disagree with you here. If a parent is going to hold their child's future hostage over their child's religious choices (or lack of) then that parent is a horrible parent and the kid needs to do what it needs to do to get ahead in life. This isn't manipulation, IMO, this is counter-manipulation. The parents are doing EXACTLY what they would be doing if the kid was actually religious. I think it is gross what some parents do when the kid comes out as an atheist. But the fact of the matter is that some do these things, and the kids don't deserve it. Not at all.

It's up to the parent to decide how much they want to help with their child's future, but basing that decision on your child's religion is for lack of a better term, discrimination. The kid is protecting itself from this discrimination by not giving their parents the information that they would use to discriminate with. I see nothing wrong with the kid doing this. Just like if there was an employer who only employed heterosexuals (even though that is illegal), I wouldn't think it was wrong for a gay person to pretend to be straight while at work.

Well I think we agree that the parent(s) would be acting immorally if they were to make something like college contingent on faith. But that is not the crux of my concern - my concern is that the atheist actively choosing deception for personal gain (or being advised to do so.) Sticking with the college example, if there is a reasonable expectation that coming out as an atheist will jeopardize the funding of college, the moral dilemma in my example is based on that person who would be perpetrating the deception (the parents, to be sure, have moral issues too but they are not the same moral problems.)

I understand the feeling behind the notion of screw the parents, it's immoral for them to put the atheist in that position but it is their prerogative how they spend their money. And I don't believe that acting immorally to counteract other immorality is justifiable. Just as stealing to feed your kids is still seen as wrong in the eyes of the law, even if done for good, legitimate reasons. In my estimation that is because there are other options (charity, soup kitchens, welfare/food assistance programs, etc.) Food is a necessity whereas college is a nice to have, not a have to have. If we consider stealing wrong when done out of necessity how do we justify something similar for a non-necessity?

That being said I appreciate your point of view. It helps me to understand other people's perspectives and helps to refine my point of view by taking things into consideration of which I might not otherwise consider. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Josh