Affluenza?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Affluenza?
(13-12-2013 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 12:59 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  It annoys me how this is viewed as 'unjust.' When rich people can purchase medical treatments to cure disease/illness that poor people can't, is this unjust? Should everyone have access to the best brain surgeon available? How are those poor going to pay for this treatment?

The same works in law. There are lawyers that are better and lawyers that are not as good. The better lawyers demand a higher amount of money.

So you're saying justice should be purchased? Maybe people should be able to hire a prosecutor then?

You seem to implying poor people don't deserve medical treatment based on their station.

Then perhaps the best surgeons should auction off their services?

Hell lets take it one step further make make it so you have to buy your citizenship. Make it expensive too so none of those Lesser people can have any of the privileges that the rich so clearly deserve.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-12-2013, 01:49 PM
This is despicable. Is it a coincidence that this happened in Texas?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
13-12-2013, 01:50 PM
(13-12-2013 01:49 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  This is despicable. Is it a coincidence that this happened in Texas?

No.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
13-12-2013, 01:51 PM
(13-12-2013 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're saying justice should be purchased? Maybe people should be able to hire a prosecutor then?

You seem to implying poor people don't deserve medical treatment based on their station.

How about you take your emotion out of this issue and look at it from an unbiased point of view?

Wealth offers advantages. Are poor people less deserving of healthcare/good lawyers? No, but the fact is that is how society works.

Sure it doesn't seem fair, but what is the alternative? Everyone has equal access to everything? The lawyer that spent hundreds of thousand on their education is forced to pick up clients that are unable to pay him/her? That sounds unjust to me.
13-12-2013, 01:52 PM
(13-12-2013 01:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're saying justice should be purchased? Maybe people should be able to hire a prosecutor then?

Hell lets take it one step further make make it so you have to buy your citizenship. Make it expensive too so none of those Lesser people can have any of the privileges that the rich so clearly deserve.

Is that a straw man that I see? Ah, yes it is.
13-12-2013, 01:55 PM
(13-12-2013 01:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 12:49 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  ...
but how do you punish someone based on that?

10 year exchange program with this kid...
[Image: child+sitting+on+tracks.jpg]

Hmmm...Interesting. A punishment that fits the 'disease' (affluenza), instead of a 'punishment that fits the crime?"
13-12-2013, 01:59 PM
(13-12-2013 01:11 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Whut? Shocking

Which part are you having difficulty in grasping? I could elaborate to make it more simple.

Money talks. Power talks.

You can gripe about how it is unjust and unjust, but it will only continue.
13-12-2013, 02:00 PM
(13-12-2013 01:55 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 01:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  10 year exchange program with this kid...
[Image: child+sitting+on+tracks.jpg]

Hmmm...Interesting. A punishment that fits the 'disease' (affluenza), instead of a 'punishment that fits the crime?"

That's not a disease. It's a spoiled brat syndrome.

If you are saying ( and it certainly looks like you are ) that rich people should get away with committing crime because they are rich , than I have to say that you are insane.
A sociopath perhaps.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
13-12-2013, 02:07 PM
(13-12-2013 01:59 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Money talks. Power talks.
You can gripe about how it is unjust and unjust, but it will only continue.

That is unless the unfairness gets to epic proportions and the servs revolt and the shit hits the fan.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
13-12-2013, 02:08 PM
(13-12-2013 02:00 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 01:55 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Hmmm...Interesting. A punishment that fits the 'disease' (affluenza), instead of a 'punishment that fits the crime?"

That's not a disease. It's a spoiled brat syndrome.

If you are saying ( and it certainly looks like you are ) that rich people should get away with committing crime because they are rich , than I have to say that you are insane.
A sociopath perhaps.

It's not a disease? I'm sure you will enlighten us with your credentials that make you able to make a claim such as this. I mean, you MUST be more intelligent that the psychologist that diagnosed him.

I have lots of students diagnosed as ADHD, and I hear that same crap argument. "They don't have a disease, they just are spoiled and need some discipline."

This is just going way over your head. What does 'getting away' with a crime mean? What is a proper punishment? Eye for an eye?

I am simply stating that rich people have more options available to them and better access to things such as healthcare and better lawyers.

Did I say ANYTHING about rich people being more deserving? You are injecting your bias into the argument.