Affluenza?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Affluenza?
(14-12-2013 12:16 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 09:27 AM)nach_in Wrote:  In the wikipedia article says that the rehab will cost $450K a year for 10 years, that's probably a good sentence for the parents. Not the kid though, he should go to prison.

Why should he go to prison? Just because that's the societal norm? Validate your argument.

As atheists, I think we can see the damage done by societal norms. Jail doesn't work to near the extent that rehab does.

Good point, but changing a system like our current criminal system doesn't happen overnight. So in the mean time we have to use faulty and unjust mechanisms to cope with our problems. Thus, the kid should go to prison.

If you want to have a brain-circle-jerk about how things should be instead of how things are, make another thread about it Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 02:15 PM
(14-12-2013 02:02 PM)nach_in Wrote:  If you want to have a brain-circle-jerk about how things should be instead of how things are, make another thread about it Smile

This thread has been almost entirely about how things 'should' be.

The kid "should" have gone to jail.

The way things are, he didn't.
14-12-2013, 02:25 PM
(14-12-2013 02:02 PM)nach_in Wrote:  ...
Good point, but changing a system like our current criminal system doesn't happen overnight.

Did I miss something? Have you moved north?

ps. I mistyped 'moved' as 'mooed'. Was tempted to leave it considering your bovine proclivities

14-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(14-12-2013 02:15 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 02:02 PM)nach_in Wrote:  If you want to have a brain-circle-jerk about how things should be instead of how things are, make another thread about it Smile

This thread has been almost entirely about how things 'should' be.

The kid "should" have gone to jail.

The way things are, he didn't.

ah, I see you have figured out my elaborate ruse Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
15-12-2013, 03:09 AM
(13-12-2013 02:17 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  The judicial system is not black and white. It has hues of gray--especially for those with power and money.
Sad but true.
15-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Affluenza is a wordplay, not a diagnosis. It is not in DSM-5, and not recognized.
(ADHD is recognized in DSM-5).

The idea, that the killer did not knew the consequences of his actions, is BS.
Surely he is aware that stealing, and driving under the influence, and speeding is against the law.
Even if the justice system is not completely blind as it should be, you usually cannot get
away with these things even if you are rich. Other "sufferers" from affluenza, such as
Paris Hilton, did go to jail for DUI (and Paris Hilton is probably richer than this boy's parents.)
I presume that the boy had a driver's license. In every driver's education you learn
what the consequences are of DUI. I have been asked questions about it on Driver's test myself.
It is true that some parents set poor boundaries, but that is not typical of affluent people.
Poor people from broken homes may also lack good role models. But that does not make
them ignorant about the law.

Fortunately, there is also a civil court. Given, that the parents shell out $450,000 for the
rehabilation for their kid, is seems to me that they can spend a millions of dollars
on the victims and their families, especially those who will be handicapped for life.

My advice to the victims and their family: sue the parents in civil court, because:
1. They already admitted responsibility by using the "aflluenza" defense
2. They have lots of money, given that they already spend $450,000 on a rehab program.
It would have been better if the kid and/or his parents would go to jail, but this
is better than nothing.
15-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I think the only way this little shit should only get out of this by having his spine broke so he's in a wheelchair for the rest of his miserable life. Fools are saying "but he didn't know the repercussions of his..." Shut up. Holy shit. Shut up. When I was fucking ten I knew not to do stupid shit. And if we're going to blame the parents then he needs to be put up for adoption because obviously the parents aren't worth their weight in shit.

Stupid rich people thinking they are above others. Give all of their money to the victims families and break their kneecaps while you're at it too.

I really hate retarded shit like this.
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
19-12-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2013 04:25 PM by Slowminded.)
Kid and his family are being sued in a civil court. I guess if affluenza is a disease, taking their money is a good remedy. He will then understand the consequences of his actions.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
19-12-2013, 04:21 PM
(13-12-2013 12:29 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Being rich is a valid legal defense in US courts ? Blink

Arrticle on Affluenza

Affluenza

WTF?

Douche better pray he's never sentenced in a courtroom I preside over.

I see your Affluenza and raise you ten years hard labor.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post