After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 08:24 PM
After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
http://htwins.net/scale2/

After viewing the scale of things, you begin to see just how small we are and how BIG the universe is.

There are stars who have diameters larger than the orbit of Neptune.
There are structures that you could drop our galaxy into and it would be like a needle in a haystack.
Large voids that contain no stars, no galaxies
And the length of what they think the size of the universe is 10^27 meters

I believe my name says it all Rahn127 (i am the universe)

Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
Nah, that's just how big god had to make it so he can fit whenever he wants to pop in and fuck with us, or kill off some starving children, or whatever it is that he actually does while he's around.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-08-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
(28-08-2013 08:24 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  http://htwins.net/scale2/

After viewing the scale of things, you begin to see just how small we are and how BIG the universe is.

There are stars who have diameters larger than the orbit of Neptune.
There are structures that you could drop our galaxy into and it would be like a needle in a haystack.
Large voids that contain no stars, no galaxies
And the length of what they think the size of the universe is 10^27 meters

I believe my name says it all Rahn127 (i am the universe)

Big Grin

Eesh, you don't think that's real, do you?

It's all painted on the celestial dome, just outside the solar system.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Yes

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
28-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I think Voyager broke through the celestial dome a while back. Maybe that's where the great Void comes from. A patch of broken dome Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
28-08-2013, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2013 10:12 PM by TheMrBillShow.)
The Bronze Age, parochial origin of scripture becomes blatantly apparent when we come to understand the scale of our universe. The barbaric musings of ancient savages tucked away in obscurity on our tiny planet pale in comparison to the size and intricacy of the cosmos.

If there is a god, (s)he, like a crappy sit-com, needs better writers.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
29-08-2013, 01:54 AM
(28-08-2013 08:53 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Eesh, you don't think that's real, do you?

It's all painted on the celestial dome, just outside the solar system.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Yes

Silly. That's already been proven wrong by studies of parallax, red-shifting, and radio astronomy by the same people that faked the moon landing. Hobo

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
29-08-2013, 05:07 AM
What does an infinite god care about the finite size of finite things? He doesn't know the meaning of wastefulness, because all waste is finite. Right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
29-08-2013, 10:06 AM
After reviewing the SIZE of the universe, I find it illogical to say we can assert we have knowledge god exists nowhere and at no time within. After reviewing the SCALE of the universe, I realized we might not see god who is too big or too far beyond our puny intellect.
29-08-2013, 10:09 AM
(29-08-2013 10:06 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  After reviewing the SIZE of the universe, I find it illogical to say we can assert we have knowledge god exists nowhere and at no time within. After reviewing the SCALE of the universe, I realized we might not see god who is too big or too far beyond our puny intellect.

Was this a coherent thought?
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
29-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Just a note: we have no idea how big the universe is. What you're talking about is the OBSERVABLE universe.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post