After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2013, 08:59 AM

RE: After viewing the scale of the universe...
(17-09-2013 08:49 AM)theword Wrote:  This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: God would not make a grandiose earth, only to destroy it. So, the fact that the earth may be insignificant in the large scheme of things, does not prove there is no God.

"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever." (Psalm 104:5)

"That thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for ever." (Deuteronomy 4:40)

[Image: Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
17-09-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
(17-09-2013 08:59 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever." (Psalm 104:5)

"That thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for ever." (Deuteronomy 4:40)

Clearly you've taken those out of context.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
17-09-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
(17-09-2013 12:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 08:59 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  "One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

Clearly you've taken those out of context.

Drinking Beverage

They're just metaphors. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2013, 12:54 PM

RE: After viewing the scale of the universe...
(17-09-2013 12:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Clearly you've taken those out of context.

Drinking Beverage

I know, I did it on purpose because I'm a hater of the truth. Drinking Beverage

Of course, the words "forever" or more precisely "of the ages" (owlam in Hebrew, aion in Greek) need not mean eternal. They do only when it suits our theology.
http://www.lookinguntojesus.net/ata20060917.htm

"Then they will go away to eternal (aionion) punishment, but the righteous to eternal (aionion) life." (Matthew 25:46)

...should actually be translated as...

"Then they will go away to a punishment lasting long, but indefinite period of time, but the righteous to life lasting long, but indefinite period of time."

[Image: trollface.png]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post
17-09-2013, 01:18 PM
(17-09-2013 08:49 AM)theword Wrote:  I will type this slow so you may be able to understand my simple point. This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: God would not make a grandiose earth, only to destroy it. So, the fact that the earth may be insignificant in the large scheme of things, does not prove there is no God.
I do not know how simpler I can make this for a person who obviously claims higher intelligence such as yourself.

I will type this slow so you may be able to understand my simple point. This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: Please provide evidence for your psychic insight into your god's mind and motives, or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Thank you.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
17-09-2013, 01:19 PM
After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
(17-09-2013 12:54 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  Of course, the words "forever" or more precisely "of the ages" (owlam in Hebrew, aion in Greek) need not mean eternal. They do only when it suits our theology.

You do get it!

Thumbsup

I was worried for your eternal indefinitely-long-lasting soul there, for a minute.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
17-09-2013, 08:30 PM
(17-09-2013 08:59 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 08:49 AM)theword Wrote:  This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: God would not make a grandiose earth, only to destroy it. So, the fact that the earth may be insignificant in the large scheme of things, does not prove there is no God.

"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

[Image: Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif]
Wow- obviously you do not have a clue. Can you give me anymore Old Testament quotes? How about the one about killing your neighbor?
17-09-2013, 08:36 PM
(17-09-2013 01:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 08:49 AM)theword Wrote:  I will type this slow so you may be able to understand my simple point. This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: God would not make a grandiose earth, only to destroy it. So, the fact that the earth may be insignificant in the large scheme of things, does not prove there is no God.
I do not know how simpler I can make this for a person who obviously claims higher intelligence such as yourself.

I will type this slow so you may be able to understand my simple point. This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: Please provide evidence for your psychic insight into your god's mind and motives, or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Thank you.
Nice! Sowing your true ignorant and low class colors. Ok, so I proved my point. You and I know this earth is dust one of these days- be it tomorrow or 2 million years from now. That's my point, I'm glad you agree with it.
17-09-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2013 02:09 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: After viewing the scale of the universe, I find it impossible to
(17-09-2013 08:36 PM)theword Wrote:  Nice! Sowing your true ignorant and low class colors. Ok, so I proved my point. You and I know this earth is dust one of these days- be it tomorrow or 2 million years from now. That's my point, I'm glad you agree with it.

[Image: fb93031e7e2f-xl.jpg]

The OP never claimed that the universe proved gods don't exist, only that he personally found it impossible to believe in their claims. The claims of the existence of the earth centered gods of Abraham are not impossible on the scale of the universe alone, but they are highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly improbable. I already made it abundantly clear that the Earth will end, and we know it will end as a matter of natural forces on a time scale that is incompatible with a literal interpretation of any holy book, including your Bible. Your religion has given you no factual insight into the state of our universe. I imagine the only reason this has yet to drill it's way into your head is that you are just as goddamn ignorant as those sheep-shagging desert barbarians that created your book of fairy tales that you mistake as proof for your imagined cosmic dictator.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Re: RE: After viewing the scae, I find it impossible to believe a god exists
(17-09-2013 08:36 PM)theword Wrote:  
(17-09-2013 01:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I will type this slow so you may be able to understand my simple point. This earth will pass away. You know it and so do I. My very simple point, which you fail to understand is: Please provide evidence for your psychic insight into your god's mind and motives, or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Thank you.
Nice! Sowing your true ignorant and low class colors. Ok, so I proved my point. You and I know this earth is dust one of these days- be it tomorrow or 2 million years from now. That's my point, I'm glad you agree with it.

But its a irrelevant point... Because it has no effect to the thread or the op point. He is aware of it and it has no impact to what he's said.

Scientific findings know this concept is going to happen, The sun will go through the regular life cycle of all stars and in the process destroy the Earth. Thanks for the pointed addition.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson