• 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-10-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: After your death you will be dumber than any believer
(22-10-2014 06:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 04:05 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  discuss

Great! Another cheese thread!!

Yummmmm. A grilled cheese sandwich.

[Image: grilled-cheese-sandwich.jpg]

I have the perfect combo! Cheese troll!!!!!!

[Image: fe1k0g.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 06:06 PM by Losty.)
After you die, you'll be even less lively and exciting than Ben Stein.

Discuss Drinking Beverage

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-10-2014, 06:57 PM
My death will involve me sleeping in a bunch of dirty magazines.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
22-10-2014, 09:00 PM
(22-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 04:48 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "After I'm dead, I won't even know I'm dead. Do you know why?

'CAUSE I'LL BE FUCKIN' DEAD!"

-Jim Jeffries
Enjoy your eternal idiocy
Oh for fuck's sake. Eternal means forever so that includes now. Since Can_of_Beans has intelligence, eternal idiocy is already not possible. It is, however, still possible for you.

Dissed and cussed. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
22-10-2014, 09:46 PM
(22-10-2014 06:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 06:04 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Superman vs. the Hulk in a fight? discuss.

Pancakes vs. waffles? discuss.

Even though superman vs hulk already happened and supes one I firmly believe hulk would win. He gets stronger the madder he gets. But whatever.

Also waffles. They cup the syrup. Cup it. Fuck yes.

[Image: 2344769612_YEAH_I_AGREE_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-10-2014, 09:49 PM
(22-10-2014 06:40 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 05:52 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What are we even supposed to be discussing? You're even worse than me! Gasp

holy shit, even diddo recognizes it as garbage and word salad, well done diddo, shit maybe there is hope for you afterall Big Grin

Nope, not at all. Diddo just sees a chance to kick someone else when they're down to get some positive attention, rather than being the retarded troll themselves. An asshole who calls out another for being an asshole is still an asshole.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-10-2014, 09:52 PM
(22-10-2014 09:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 06:40 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  holy shit, even diddo recognizes it as garbage and word salad, well done diddo, shit maybe there is hope for you afterall Big Grin

Nope, not at all. Diddo just sees a chance to kick someone else when they're down to get some positive attention, rather than being the retarded troll themselves. An asshole who calls out another for being an asshole is still an asshole.

Perhaps. But it was still unexpected and funny.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Diddo's problem isn't that he doesn't think he's deluded.. he's simply a troll who doesn't even take his nonsense seriously.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-10-2014, 12:18 AM
(22-10-2014 04:05 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  discuss

[Image: 543210_10151232385746267_1694740396_n_zpsefb7967f.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
23-10-2014, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2014 12:35 AM by Reltzik.)
(22-10-2014 05:03 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 04:48 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "After I'm dead, I won't even know I'm dead. Do you know why?

'CAUSE I'LL BE FUCKIN' DEAD!"

-Jim Jeffries
Enjoy your eternal idiocy

So....

.... wait....

.... are you ASSERTING that nonbelievers will become dumber than believers following death? 'cause you just randomly brought up the idea earlier, and said "discuss", apparently without taking a side on it. And now you say "enjoy your eternal idiocy"... as what, an attempt to further stimulate discussion? (Not a good attempt.) As a disdainful response to someone who disagrees with your hitherto-unvoiced stance? How do we even classify this?

I mean, even if we're going to believe the Bible....

By the way. As an aside. Atheists don't believe the Bible. If an atheist says, "even if we're going to believe the Bible", you KNOW you're about to get the worst rhetorical hammer possible coming down to smash your argument to pieces. That's because the atheist realizes that your position is so completely indefensible that she can grant it in its entirety and STILL demolish it.

... so even if we believe in the Bible, let's look at what's going to happen. Let's say atheists-in-life automatically go to Hell (a point of considerable dispute even among those who consider themselves Christians), a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth and suffering. That implies a certain level of cognition -- the ability to sense one's surroundings and generate an emotional or experiential response to them. And what's Heaven supposed to have in store for us?

Quote:holyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholy​holyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholy​holyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholy​holyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholyholy

Which if we're generous, we might describe as the exact same level of cognition... though I read it as suggesting less capacity to actually understand one's surroundings and circumstances.

Now, what's the typical response from an atheist regarding intelligence after death? We're all gonna be brain-dead after death, so we'll be equally dumb, but dumber than what the believer believes.

Note that neither atheists (it would be better to say materialists, as some atheists are not materialists and some materialists are not atheists, and the no-cognition-after-death-'cause-our-brains-don't-work position is a materialist one) or Christians are saying that believers will go to heaven AT THE SAME TIME as the atheist is a brain-dead corpse without an afterlife. With that in mind, we get the same level of intelligence in both cases.

Look, if you're actually taking a position on this, come out and say it. If you're not, cut out the cowardly, passive-aggressive mocking of someone who gave you an honest answer to your question. At the very least, provide the slightest piece of EVIDENCE to back up your position, or your not-a-position mockery. Otherwise, you might as well be telling us to enjoy our eternity of shooting cavity-pain for not honoring the tooth fairy while we were alive. Your failure to provide the slightest bit of good support for any of your positions is why we do not take you, or your ideas, seriously.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post