Afterlife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 07:58 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Afterlife
(11-02-2015 03:58 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  See Rik’s and Impulse’s responses, they refute your new assertions in totality.

As for simple Yes and No you just can’t do it can you? You are still ducking the questions.

I see the problem here, you are hopelessly deluded that scripture is true and that we owe all to it including advances in science because of wishful-thinking.

The thing is Q, you’re right that we don’t have to argue and fight...as long as you STOP saying unfounded, unsupported, uncited crap. As long as you continue doing so on this site I’ll challenge you at every turn.

Leave your “feels” at the pew Q, this forum requires analytical thinking.

EDIT: The more I think about this the more incensed I get. Preach whatever you want to your congregation, I won’t be in the pews yelling “bullshit” at every turn. BUT this isn’t your congregation, you came here for your own personal reasons, thinking that you can obfuscate, beguile and mislead. I’m not part of your flock of sheeple Q, I can think for myself, thank you very much. Be prepared to be called on every unsupported flight-of-fancy you espouse.

“And I don’t want to argue with you about this or fight with you” - wtf did you think was going to happen? At the very least be realistic...wait...never mind. Ahhh fuck it. Another perfect example of totally unrealistic expectations, in this case by both sides. Dodgy

Calm down, my brother. You get three questions now. I will answer "yes" or "no" only for each. I mean, why are you fighting with me against a god that doesn't exist and a Bible that is 100% wrong and full of falsehoods like "love your neighbor" and "serve one another in love"?

See post #38

Ah yes, the “I’ll allude to unmade claims and equate by misdirection and disingenuity” ploy.

Try to stay on point.

EDIT: Don’t bother, after reading this comment you made in another thread, I realize that I’m arguing with a person who on the surface appears to be rational but just a milicron below you find utter madness.

(12-02-2015 04:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Miracles being on the outside of bell curves. Unfortunately this world is a battleground between God and the devil, children of light and children of darkness. So there's that.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(12-02-2015 03:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. Three possible reasons the Bible may not say "a force holds the Earth to the sun" include:

*the Bible ascribes what we call gravity to God's power
*the Bible contains scientific accuracies but is a manual for human relations and morals rather than a science textbook
*that definition a thinking atheist would say is incomplete since the sun is gravitationally influenced by the Milky Way Galaxy, itself in spiral motion influenced by other galaxies, etc.

The truth is the Bible is making an extraordinary claim, centuries before Christ, that the Earth is in a vacuum, a "nothing".

2. I don't know if there is a word for sphere in Hebrew. I'll have to look it up. Yes, the Bible says "circle" and "inscribed the circle of the Earth". A conservative dating of Job--which even with a later liberal dating is sometimes taken as the oldest book in the Bible--brings it way in advance of the Greek shadow/spherical Earth experiments.

3. I know all the pillar and corner arguments and their refutations.

And the 4th possibility is that it was made up by people that didn't understand shit about the world...
Find all posts by this user
16-02-2015, 01:11 PM
(12-02-2015 10:12 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Q, Plato wrote about the Aether over 300 years before Jesus. The Aether, he reasoned was was what filled the universe. This was altered somewhat by Aristotle who thought of it as the 5th element. Does that make them divine also?

And I would claim a far earlier date for the scriptures that the Aether. Why? Because the text was already in wide-enough use to become translated as the Septuagint in approximately 250 BCE.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user