Afterlife.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Afterlife.
(10-01-2012 05:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Of course, you can still end up like KC who went from agnostic to Christian, but he's a special case, and by special, I mean he should be playing in the Special Olympics. Tongue

I can't wait for him to read that.

LAWL!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
(10-01-2012 05:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Chas is God, didn't you know?

I guess I've been delusional - I thought I was Spock.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
(10-01-2012 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 05:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Chas is God, didn't you know?

I guess I've been delusional - I thought I was Spock.

Spock would probably appear god-like to some...
Maybe it changed when Ghost entered your belly.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 05:34 PM
(10-01-2012 04:37 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  Specifically, I have no proof that all can see for God and I know you probably already know this. What I do have is my own personal proof, but I know it doesn't help anyone else.

What is your own personal proof?
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
(10-01-2012 01:38 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  My book was Inspired by a loving God who desires a relationship with all mankind.

Entirely unprovable. Anyone can write nonsense and say it was divinely inspired. Humans have been doing it for many thousands of years in many different religions and with inspiration from many different gods.

If what you say has any basis for actuality then why has no one been divinely inspired by your god to bring the entire book of nonsense up to date? Why does your god not inspire anyone to write these days? Why did the divine inspiration end with the end of the Bronze age?

Either your god does not exist or it does not give a a rat's ass about getting rid of all the nasty stuff in the "good" book and updating it to bring it into line with modern thinking.

Why would anyone want to read a book that condones the stoning to death of gay people or adulterers or approves of slavery or promises eternal damnation in a lake of fire for non-belief or "sin"? Urging people to kill those with different beliefs or no belief does not echo the mind of a loving god. Urging men to take virgins as spoils of war has nothing to do with love.

What sort of deviate mind declared that all humans would forever be born as sinners?

It's surely an horrific book that should be kept on a high shelf well away from any young and susceptible children. If your god was real and loving and caring then it would divinely inspire someone to write a decent religious book. I wouldn't want my young kids reading about incest and adultery, the treatment of slaves, the destruction of people declared to be witches, etc. etc.

Ah, do I feel divine inspiration coming on? Perhaps I'll do it, re-write the bible as a loving, caring humanist father would want it to be, not as a Bronze Age zealot. After taking out the nonsense from both OT and NT, I suggest that the total number of pages for the new inspired bible would be about 12.

If the god of the Christian/Hebrew bible is your idea of a loving god who desires a relationship with all mankind then I feel sorry for you. You should set your ideals higher if you require happiness in your life. It's little wonder that 80% of the people on this planet do NOT believe in and follow your god.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
(10-01-2012 01:38 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  I am going to say this as nicely as possible. While you say I am the deluded one, I see you as the deluded one. Not intending to sound biting or rude. The only thing I have found that I agree with almost everyone on is that we are all human. Very few disagree. But it has happened. And when someone cannot know they assume. Just like everyone has to do with The beginning of it all. No one knows for sure because they weren't there. I wasn't there for any history. But I believe it happened because of the books that people who did live then wrote about it. So what it comes down to is what book do you trust most? And by that what opinion. For me, it's the Bible. I don't know what your book of choice for knowledge is. I can only guess it's a scientific book. this was written by a fallible man seeking answers capable of error. My book was Inspired by a loving God who desires a relationship with all mankind. Any day I will choose to believe in someone who loves me over random chance nothing colliding to create all we know and see.

Bolded text is the first sign of love; you know, leading up to the all-caps sermon on the mount. It can be inferred from your declaration that being human is having a source text, as if DNA provides an empty coatrack 'cause reading is fundamental. Oh, and non-delusional human is one who believes he is loved by, I guessing here, this fundamental source text.

Yeah, that's sane. Sign me up.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
10-01-2012, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 06:44 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
Your book is infallible? Of course the world is 5000 years old and beating your wife is completely okay. Tell me how can you believe this to be right? Tell me what you believe about the genocides in the book which they slaughtered everyone including infants. Tell me how you can believe that to be right. Tell me how you justify the raping of women in the bible and tell me this is right. I want to know why God will condemn a loving, good and happy human to eternal damnation because he doesn't believe in Christianity but a murderer can enter the gates of heaven in a deathbed conversion. Tell me how any of this is right.

Since you ask about the afterlife I've said this before as well. People fear death so the idea of an endless life in happiness comforts others. What I believe is a complete nonexistence of consciousness. A place where you experience a calmness and peace unlike any other. No anger, suffering, worry, etc. An absolute peace. Now you may say that's like heaven but it is not. Its nonexistence. You may say whats the point in life with no God but that's even sad. Won't you live for your family? Your friends? Do they mean nothing instead of a flying spaghetti monster in the sky?

We as humans have a purpose. Our purpose is to create that purpose. We can help our fellow man, we can learn from one another, we can make each other happy. Doing this because we want too instead for some malevolent being should be much more rewarding.

I decided to help my fellow humans in my life. Even if God damns me too hell I hope any research I can accomplish during my lifetime in the scientific field will help any lives in the future. I do this knowing I will not exist afterwards but in doing this I hope others can benefit.

Also, I just noticed and I know this has nothing to do with the topic.

HouseOfCantor, are you a Blue Suns Merc from Mass Effect?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
(10-01-2012 05:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 05:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Of course, you can still end up like KC who went from agnostic to Christian, but he's a special case, and by special, I mean he should be playing in the Special Olympics. Tongue

I can't wait for him to read that.

LAWL!

[Image: 19864_268896986233_63246756233_3480785_6465874_n.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
(10-01-2012 06:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: 19864_268896986233_63246756233_3480785_6465874_n.jpg]
Yes, I am a Christian.

Duh.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:13 PM by houseofcantor.)
I shouldn't be so hard on the guy. Everyone knows I worship Gwyneth Paltrow, the modern incarnation of Emma Woodhouse from the sacred text Emma. Word of God, I tell you whut!

Of course, everybody also knows I'm insane. Big Grin

It just bugs me how quick theists go from god to immortality these days, as a creator god is so easily falsified. It is still nothing more that superiority of identity. If "I" am speaking for "god," or "with god," then "I" am greater than "you." Yet, ironically, both god and Gwyneth are "you." Go figure.
(10-01-2012 06:41 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  HouseOfCantor, are you a Blue Suns Merc from Mass Effect?

Turian, even. Humans... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post