Afterlife.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM

RE: Afterlife.
(09-01-2012 10:32 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  We have to have faith where there is no evidence. My evidence is my faith and the fact that I am still here is what I believe on. There is something in the back of my mind that argues away God but it doesn't last. Many questions I have would go unanswered. For one, why do people live life in all its cruelty if there is no point to it? I would have checked out by now if I felt there was no purpose. And Miracles in my own life are most of my evidence. I was in a terrible car accident where I flipped the car multiple times and took out a fence and a tree and it should have killed me but did not. I just knew I was going to die but then all of a sudden I knew I wasn't going to die. I obviously did not and all I can use to explain that away is God spared me for some reason. No one knows what that may be and it frustrates me but I nonetheless believe it. Can you tell me why I am still here if not for God?

Ahhh, i found the scarring in his life part.....

He should listen to some Dan Barker stuff. They had a daughter that just about died in the hospital. As an expreacher he knew the drill. He shunned all religious tomfoolery on his own and the daughter somehow survived.

I see the word DEPRESSED in your posts too. I don't know how old you are kid-o but let me tell you adolescence is hard for EVERYONE...even the GOOD LOOKING kids in class have it hard. Its just how it is. I knew of this singer that had everything....looks, the voice...the star charisma...and was recently told by his exband mates (he's now dead) that he'd often go home and cry to his mom about EVERYTHING. That blew my mind. He had it ALL...and felt he had nothing.

Until i see an amputee grow a limb back....i don't and wont believe in miracles, and nor should you. There is always a natural explanation about how things happen in this natural world.
BIG LIFE CHANGING STORY HERE...so pay attention....
As i sat bed side with my dying mom on hospice care due to brian cancer, as the death rattle had sat in.....she continued to fight to live. The hospice nurses all said independently of each other "Why is she hanging on? She's got a strong will to live". She knew she was dying of brain cancer, yet she fought it....
We ALL have a strong sense to live. Its built into our DNA. Its why we do Rumpy Pumpy...to survive and continue on our species. You are alive due to a genetic force to live. Its very animal...very natural.
Its OK to beat yourself up at times, those are life lessons. Its also fine to be down in the dumps...its what makes good moments GREAT! Just know WE ALL have gone thru it. When i heard stories (on the Howard stern show) of the Goddess Jenny McCarthy being dateless and alone in highschool....it boggled me! At 42 i have heard countless stores of exactly the same thing....all these 'beautiful people' in school were just as confused and wandering as my geeky ass was.
Use your youth to keep searching for answers. Read everything, Question EVERYTHING! Get all 3 year old again, and when someone TELLS you something they are SURE about...ask them "WHY?"

"The Afterlife" that you ask about is really easy for a young mind to understand and get behind. You are growing as is your mind. The afterlife is a quick easy answer to a LARGER than life question. I tell folks i really did not mature till i was 26 and started doubting around 30 and only really comfy with identifying as an Atheist till i was about 38 or so. Its been a long gradual process for me. But i am more fee than i have ever been. Christianity pitches the concept of truly being free...but you actually get a Sky God with a Loaded .38 watching you everytime you take a dump....so to speak.

The BIG hurdle for me was getting over the idea that there really is no HELL. After that the rest came easy. A 'loving god' simply can not create a hell. Normally you get asked "Then mr smarty pants, where does Hitler, Stalin and Richard Dawkins go when we die". The answer is the same for everyone. No where. We die. Its that final.

Bigger revelations for me over the past 12 months has been the Jewish Archeology digs to prove Exodus, Floods and other events....which have yielded not a single ounce of proof. Combine that with the facts that Nazareth did not exist when the NT says it did (so i am discovering)....if thats all true...then were does that leave the bible and its claims?

Good luck on your search for answers. Glad you survived the wreck. Here's a hard question you need to ask yourself. Why did god spare you in the car crash, but allow hundreds of kids to die of hunger in that same hour?

Put in a more silly way...when Tbow prays for a TD...does a starving kid get cheated out of food...cuz Tbow was tying up the prayer line? Yeah, its silly..but think about it.

Then maybe go visit TTA's video on Suzie!

Just know...adolesence and its oddness will pass.

Denicio (a former teen and father of 3 teens)
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Denicio's post
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM
(11-01-2012 01:23 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Maybe i am the big ass in the forum. I am ok with that.
I simply wont sugarcoat answers for anyone.

Actually, I thought you were fine Denicio -the kid has to know that there are people out there who will disagree with him. I think because of your ... shall we say tone ... he did finally understand that you wanted him to realize there are other points of view. I think he now realizes how frustrating his not knowing that simple fact must be for others.
He's probably grateful that though you were frustrated, you were as tenacious as he was. Wink

And I'm VERY glad that no one dumbed down what they had to offer. I hate it when people do that to kids -it doesn't accomplish anything- dumbing down expects someone to be dumb.

The only point I would like to make - and I think Bucky said it, too- he's still a kid. A kid who wants to know stuff. I don't think we're bashing on him at all.
He is only just learning how to learn... I think we have to pay attention to how we help him learn. When he finally "gets" something -take a break- and readdress it upon return. I love that he's soaking it up like a sponge, I just don't want him to stress over it too much -he's a teen- and I'm glad he's here.

Now chill = you big Soulless White Ape. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
(11-01-2012 01:59 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:32 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  We have to have faith where there is no evidence. My evidence is my faith and the fact that I am still here is what I believe on. There is something in the back of my mind that argues away God but it doesn't last. Many questions I have would go unanswered. For one, why do people live life in all its cruelty if there is no point to it? I would have checked out by now if I felt there was no purpose. And Miracles in my own life are most of my evidence. I was in a terrible car accident where I flipped the car multiple times and took out a fence and a tree and it should have killed me but did not. I just knew I was going to die but then all of a sudden I knew I wasn't going to die. I obviously did not and all I can use to explain that away is God spared me for some reason. No one knows what that may be and it frustrates me but I nonetheless believe it. Can you tell me why I am still here if not for God?

Ahhh, i found the scarring in his life part.....

He should listen to some Dan Barker stuff. They had a daughter that just about died in the hospital. As an expreacher he knew the drill. He shunned all religious tomfoolery on his own and the daughter somehow survived.

I see the word DEPRESSED in your posts too. I don't know how old you are kid-o but let me tell you adolescence is hard for EVERYONE...even the GOOD LOOKING kids in class have it hard. Its just how it is. I knew of this singer that had everything....looks, the voice...the star charisma...and was recently told by his exband mates (he's now dead) that he'd often go home and cry to his mom about EVERYTHING. That blew my mind. He had it ALL...and felt he had nothing.

Until i see an amputee grow a limb back....i don't and wont believe in miracles, and nor should you. There is always a natural explanation about how things happen in this natural world.
BIG LIFE CHANGING STORY HERE...so pay attention....
As i sat bed side with my dying mom on hospice care due to brian cancer, as the death rattle had sat in.....she continued to fight to live. The hospice nurses all said independently of each other "Why is she hanging on? She's got a strong will to live". She knew she was dying of brain cancer, yet she fought it....
We ALL have a strong sense to live. Its built into our DNA. Its why we do Rumpy Pumpy...to survive and continue on our species. You are alive due to a genetic force to live. Its very animal...very natural.
Its OK to beat yourself up at times, those are life lessons. Its also fine to be down in the dumps...its what makes good moments GREAT! Just know WE ALL have gone thru it. When i heard stories (on the Howard stern show) of the Goddess Jenny McCarthy being dateless and alone in highschool....it boggled me! At 42 i have heard countless stores of exactly the same thing....all these 'beautiful people' in school were just as confused and wandering as my geeky ass was.
Use your youth to keep searching for answers. Read everything, Question EVERYTHING! Get all 3 year old again, and when someone TELLS you something they are SURE about...ask them "WHY?"

"The Afterlife" that you ask about is really easy for a young mind to understand and get behind. You are growing as is your mind. The afterlife is a quick easy answer to a LARGER than life question. I tell folks i really did not mature till i was 26 and started doubting around 30 and only really comfy with identifying as an Atheist till i was about 38 or so. Its been a long gradual process for me. But i am more fee than i have ever been. Christianity pitches the concept of truly being free...but you actually get a Sky God with a Loaded .38 watching you everytime you take a dump....so to speak.

The BIG hurdle for me was getting over the idea that there really is no HELL. After that the rest came easy. A 'loving god' simply can not create a hell. Normally you get asked "Then mr smarty pants, where does Hitler, Stalin and Richard Dawkins go when we die". The answer is the same for everyone. No where. We die. Its that final.

Bigger revelations for me over the past 12 months has been the Jewish Archeology digs to prove Exodus, Floods and other events....which have yielded not a single ounce of proof. Combine that with the facts that Nazareth did not exist when the NT says it did (so i am discovering)....if thats all true...then were does that leave the bible and its claims?

Good luck on your search for answers. Glad you survived the wreck. Here's a hard question you need to ask yourself. Why did god spare you in the car crash, but allow hundreds of kids to die of hunger in that same hour?

Put in a more silly way...when Tbow prays for a TD...does a starving kid get cheated out of food...cuz Tbow was tying up the prayer line? Yeah, its silly..but think about it.

Then maybe go visit TTA's video on Suzie!

Just know...adolesence and its oddness will pass.

Denicio (a former teen and father of 3 teens)

What happened to the big ass of the forum, or were you speaking physically, and not metaphorically? Big Grin

Good point...Kid, hang in there. It's good you're searching and seeking. I wish I had done that at 17 instead of waiting another 25-30 years.

Just one more point to add, thanks to Bucky and Kim pointing it out, is DON'T look at your doubts as a bad thing. You've mentioned a few times that you would kill yourself if there were no god to live for. I've been there myself, Kid. It's not uncommon on your Christian side of the fence to think that God is the only reason to live. I've made it to the other side of the fence and the grass is pretty green over here (in more ways than one. Smile ). I've actually discovered there is more to live for as an atheist than there was when I was a Christian. Life is brief, and we here mostly believe this is all there is, so it would be a huge waste of DNA for you to ever off yourself. Ideas are worth thinking about and debating, but they are not worth killing oneself over. As former teen Denicio says, this time will pass. Keep seeking and you'll be just fine, I promise.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
(11-01-2012 01:23 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Maybe i am the big ass in the forum. I am ok with that.

You're not going to get away with that unchallenged.Dodgy You have some competition.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
(11-01-2012 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You're not going to get away with that unchallenged.Dodgy You have some competition.Cool

Maybe you two can have an Ass-Off sometime.

Wait...that maybe didn't sound so good...Undecided

Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-01-2012, 04:24 PM

(11-01-2012 04:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Tongue

I'm not republican or christian...so i cant do an ass off...or snort coke off a males hookers ass...or leave my family for my costa rican soul mate on fathers day..or ...or...or.....

D
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Tongue

"You two" ? You're in contention, too, kimosabe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-01-2012, 06:21 PM
(11-01-2012 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Tongue

"You two" ? You're in contention, too, kimosabe.

Who me? Angel

~Izel
12-01-2012, 09:22 AM

Well, we've managed to veer off the Original Topic.

Just checking in...hey Kid...how you doing today?

Do you have any questions or feelings you wanna sort thru today?

I know we threw the WORLD at you and all told it may be overwheming.

Let us know if we can help with some hard questions.

Just a reminder...ADOLESENCE SUCKS! It sucks for EVERYONE! Now..have a great day! Keep the chin up and no matter what you are struggling with..........there are MILLIONS of us that have struggled too. Its what makes us stronger for future battles in life.

NOW, dont ask us for homework help! :-)

D
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
12-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't know if it's been asked because there's already 12 damn pages and I'm on mobile at the moment. I have to ask.

What's the point in an afterlife? Why would you want one?

Why do people feel that answering a question with god is any kind of answer at all?

What comes after the afterlife? What do you do in it?

An afterlife to me seems kind of pointless and empty as it robs all meaning in the life we have today. It steals the confidence of death. Why should I care if any o my family die is I just see them
Later?
I love my family so much and I try to show them how much I love them every day because I will never get another chance when they die or if I die.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post