Afterlife.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 11:02 AM

RE: Afterlife.
(10-01-2012 10:38 AM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  You say book of racism, sexism, homophobia and etc. I assume you are talking about the Bible. But I see the Bible as a book of love and grace. Once Jesus died the law was replaces by grace and forgiveness.

You have obviously not read the bible. You've just glossed over the good bits your Sunday school teacher told you about in your bible study book.

I love this whole message of peace that JC supposedly was bringing (why telling folks they have to have their own family to hate them in order to follow JC).

OK, so this emotional and beautiful plea to live forever in happy land sound sweet..but to borrow from AbdelZ
Happy Land/Eternity = God

So GOD = OT God

OT God = Charles Manson/Pit of Piranhas

JC is kinda neat and swell, but JC is simply the road to get to GOD and his eternal worship service (ass kissing for all time).

So following JC has me spending eternity with the God of the OT..then thats like spending eternity with 'Charlie Hitler Stalin Manson'.

God, as described in the bible, should be doing 99 to life for his WORKS. Nothing in the OT warrants respect or worship.

This is a guy that was ready to kill Moses over a flap of foreskin. Fucking PETTY!
He's admittedly jealous. Ever spent much time with a severely jealous person? In-Fucking-Sane!

If worshiping JC got me to something i wanted, the net result, then yeah. But to end up with the God of the OT? You gotta be nuts.

Heck the Muslims ALMOST have it right...with the whole 70+ virgins. But if you have ever slept with a virgin, then you know you'd want a gal with experience. Virgin sex is as boring as it gets!

I get the fact that you've bought into the Feel Good Version of Christianity. What they DONT sell you on is demonstrating the true WORKS and CHARACTER of god..and THEN asking you "Do you want to spend eternity with THAT guy? IF so, you gotta go thru his son".

Just about every church I've been to (and thats quite a large number) they sell you on how you are FLAWED, WORTHLESS and basically BANKRUPT as a human, and you need JC to complete you (and he loves you). Toss in a heaping dose of eternal damnation and you have the typical "Invitation" part of the service.

Its ALL in the presentation. How they bend the light in the prism. THEN once you are hooked AND if you have a thinking brain (non Sheeple) you spend a few years accepting, apologizing...and then you start deconverting as you begin to understand the WHOLE picture.

Go read Genesis without bias and apology and ask yourself if THATS someone you want to spend eternity (silly concept) with......
Heck, even Abraham had to question god's moral judgment.

D
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
(09-01-2012 11:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 11:02 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  PS - just preparing you for this place

Lol.

I do feel like we're being a little too hard on him. Remember, we're all on the same side here: we're all looking for the truth!

Too hard??? No way.

Better that I hit him with what he's going to be asked now rather than later.

Sorry, I completely missed the part that said you weren't atheist. And thank you for the preparation. I appreciate it!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Two step shuffle. I believe in god and you don't, na-na. I got an after and you won't na-na

Yeah, have fun with that. Some people go through whatever mental gymnastics to feel superior to others just so they can live with themselves. I don't want to live with myself. I'm tired of waking up in this place. I'm tired of hearing all this double-talk. This kind of self-superiority just gets others killed. Me loving my Gwynnies just gonna get me killed. And who cares abut after? I sure don't.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 11:22 AM by Thatweirdkid.)
(09-01-2012 11:48 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 11:05 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 09:40 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  I respect your opinion. To answer your question I am more than happy to worship and serve my Lord because without Him I would not exist. Life is too harsh for me to want to live if there were no God. He loved me enough to give His life for me and Now I am living for Him for all eternity. Whatever He asks of me I will try to do for as long as I have breath. I would gladly worship Him for all eternity if for no other reason than because I don't understand him. He is infinite and my mind is finite and even though I have a brain I can't wrap it around this Loving God.

My turn with the piñata stick

The line of reasoning that you possess can easily progress as follows.
Jesus Christ died for your sins so that you can go to heaven.
Because of this you owe your life to him and must follow his wishes completely
God says that heretics and homosexuals are abominations and must be put to death

In the old testament God did say this to His people, which would be the Jews, now, however, I believe my God would have me to love everyone no matter their beliefs. The Grace has replaced the law. God sees all sin as the same because He is perfect. So to him when I think an impure thought, Which I do often, I have sinned against him in the same way a murderer and a homosexual has. But, I am commanded to love both of those people. I do not have to love what they do. But I must love them as a person. They are human just like me and everyone else.

So you must now follow your god’s command. You have no option.
Your opinion doesn’t matter in this. God will condemn you for not following his will.

God can condemn me if He chooses that is His choice but I have my own free will as a human to disobey or disagree with anything God says. He can't make me do jack. I choose to follow Him though for the most part. I try my best, but like I said I am just human. My God loves everyone because He made them and wants nothing more than for them to serve Him. Why? I have no idea.

You may be a nice person who wouldn’t hurt a fly, but this is not your call.

Naturally I disagree and will say I have a choice. Every second of my life is a choice. There's a battle every day and every minute inside of me between my nature and my beliefs.

If you say that even if god commanded you to burn a heretic alive at the stake you would not do it, then you are either a liar or your faith is phony.

I don't believe God would tell anyone to harm anyone else. But if He told me too, I would not. Because I do have that choice no matter what He says. I don't know why He lets me choose, but He does.

Are you really a Christian?

I am really a Christian

Will you follow god's law?
I will follow it to the best of my ability, but I learn new things every day and I mess up.

Answer the question truthfully from the heart.
I will always choose to answer questions truthfully.

Confused

Huh Thomas, Off thread and not trying to be too dickish, but your avatar with the upside down cross was actually originally meant as a symbol of humility towards jesus and is a symbol of "saint peter" who requested to be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to be killed in the same manner as christ.

(10-01-2012 12:14 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 08:56 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  As a Theist I believe there is an afterlife. What I am curious to find out is what motivates an Atheist to live their life and what they have to look forward to? If death is the end then why do we even have life? Seems pretty pointless. Open to all views. Please enlighten me.

What if I believe that we never really die. We never have an afterlife in heaven or hell. If at some point in this life, when we appear to die, our spirit moves to alternate universe where we didn't die and in that alternate universe, we grow younger until we reach a point where a natural death occurs and then we jump into another universe as a child of about the same age, moving forward again getting older repeating the process.

We would become immortal, living life after life after life and never having any true afterlife of the kind you expect to get in heaven.

My belief BLOCKS your access to heaven and doesn't require a god for any of it.

But to answer your initial question - What do people have to look forward to as they live ? I look forward to everything.

As a child I looked forward to playing with friends in the park, playing baseball, horseback riding, digging in the dirt.

As a teenager, I looked forward to driving, having my first kiss and swimming in the summer time.

As an adult, raising my son, I looked forward to giving him a life worth living.

As a grandfather, I look forward to seeing my grandson grow up and seeing the sparkle in his eyes as he learns to take his first step.

Do you live your life looking forward to the day you die and can then BEGIN your afterlife ? If you do, I pity you, for you are truly missing out on the gift of LIFE.

In my life I do not live for eternity. I enjoy as much of my life as I can. I do not look forward to death. But I do not fear death. I respect it. I don't believe that this theory is correct but hey it'd be cool. I mean living over and over would be fun. I have seen the despair on the faces of dying loved ones. The ones that claimed there was an afterlife that claimed Christianity died peacefully sometimes with a smile. While others who did not acknowledge God died Very angry cursing and or with a look of utter regret. But I live my life the way I want to and in that I am content. I do not live every day looking for eternity.
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Not sure if this has already been said but here goes. As a paleontologist-in-training I don't think the meaning of life is all that complex or hard to figure out. As a matter of fact, I would contend that we all already know it. The purpose of life is to live, survive and reproduce. Think about it, if there were no purpose to life, organisms would not struggle against death. Surviving and reproducing are the basic motivators for living. We try to survive and become successful in order to attract the best mate. We want to reproduce so that a little piece of us continues to survive after our inevitable death and we want to survive as long as possible in order to help our offspring and their offspring survive. Even those individuals in human society today that do not find it necessary to mate and reproduce still attempt to pass part of themselves on to others through helping them. Life is about survival, both personal survival and the survival of our species. Our species is here and thriving because we have helped one another throughout time and the only way it will continue is if we continue to do so.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 11:45 AM by Thatweirdkid.)
(10-01-2012 10:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:32 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  We have to have faith where there is no evidence. My evidence is my faith and the fact that I am still here is what I believe on. There is something in the back of my mind that argues away God but it doesn't last. Many questions I have would go unanswered. For one, why do people live life in all its cruelty if there is no point to it? I would have checked out by now if I felt there was no purpose. And Miracles in my own life are most of my evidence. I was in a terrible car accident where I flipped the car multiple times and took out a fence and a tree and it should have killed me but did not. I just knew I was going to die but then all of a sudden I knew I wasn't going to die. I obviously did not and all I can use to explain that away is God spared me for some reason. No one knows what that may be and it frustrates me but I nonetheless believe it. Can you tell me why I am still here if not for God?

Ok kiddo, my turn. I'll try to be nice. I generally walk away from this level of discussion, but the "savior" comment caught my eye .... I assume you're here because at some level, you really want to learn, and are questioning things.
So here are some questions for you to think about.

First of all, I'd like to personally thank you for taking it easy on me Tongue

1. Why do you HAVE to have "faith" where there is no evidence ? Did someone tell you that ? Did you decide that ? Did you read that it was a better thing to do that than NOT do that ? Why is THAT your value, as opposed to other values ? How exactly did you come to that position. (BTW, ONE anecdotal experience of YOUR good luck, is hardly a sufficiently large statistical sample to make a generization from......what about the two year old down the block that gets killed by a car, accidentally...would THAT be proof for you that there IS no god ?) What about the 4 year old who is dying of Leukemia ? Should he conclude there is no god ? Please tell us more about "life in all it's cruelty". We can deal with that after we get some more information.

I believe I need faith when there is no evidence because when you think about it there really is no substantial evidence. When you get down to it, everyone has their own opinion, which was originally influenced by another's opinion often in the form of a book. The bible, The origin of Species, etc etc. So I believe everyone has to put their faith in something. I mean, if it's even in yourself it's still placed somewhere. I just believe unless we can Personally go back to the beginning, we have to take whatever we believe by faith. I mean who says evidence is really needed? In evolution we look at what we call evidence. But this "evidence" can be interpreted any way anyone wants to interpret it.

2. What do you know, (or think you know), ie from your study of biology, and neuro-chemistry etc, about what is "going on in the back of your head" ? Please tell us a little more about what you mean by that statement, and your background in science.

I will admit I have hardly any background in many areas of science. I suspect you knew this but I decided to confirm your suspicions.

3. Third, who told you that Jesus was your "savior" ? Please explain to us why you think you "need" one of those, and tell us where you got that concept from. How much biblical history and form criticism have you had ? Did you know that the concept of a "savior" did not appear in the the Synoptic Gospels ? Do you know what that means ? Did you know the "salvation" paradigm first appeared in the Pauline letters ? How much do you know about the the sources and texts of the bible ? How much philosophy have you read ?

I believe I need a savior because I think that everyone does. I believe every person that ever lived and lives and ever will live is nothing but evil at the core of it all. Sure we can show good and be good, but, at the root of it all, our nature is evil. To anyone that disagrees: How can people actually kill each other? It has to be evil. Which isn't an actual force. Evil is only the absence of good. As dark is only the absence of light. So, to me, God is good. God gives free choice to choose or not choose Him. If you don't choose Him you are still capable of good. And even if you do choose Him you are still capable of evil. But He is capable to and will forgive. I never will understand this... Anyways I hope I have answered all your questions and possibly left you with something to think about. I know you got me thinking. I thank you for that.

(10-01-2012 10:36 AM)Denicio Wrote:  The whole notion of the afterworld (insert Lets Go Crazy Prince song) cheapens this life big time.

I have heard some Fundie Repub pals of mine basically tell me that Global warming is junk, and if it is true..who cares, Jesus will clean this up and we are going to a better place. (not word for word but the gist of their statement)

To me spending your time wishing and hoping for tomorrow is a huge waste of today.

We have NOW. Make it ALL it can be.

Life is what happens when you are making plans!

To answer the true spirit of your question, for many of us Atheists, we find that investing everything we are into what we know as a natual world makes it a better place. No future reward or pat on the back by an invisible thug with a loaded .38...nope, we help others in the purest sense of the deed...to help others.

There was no ME before i was born, so by what arrogance does anyone have to say there will be a ME after i am gone? Because i had an emotional moving experince and a book?

D

I respect that view and identify with quite a bit of it. But instead of helping people just to help them I help because I love them as my fellow being. Yes just as you do. My personal beliefs are reflected in my own life and anyone who knows me knows what they are but I don't say they're wrong I just disagree in love. I agree we should make now all it can be but disagree that we should neglect or disbelieve in eternity. I don't know where it all began because I wasn't there but I do know that no one else was either. So we have to take all on faith. Every little fiber of existence is a formulation of theory or belief. I choose to put my faith in a loving God who has always been and always will be and I won't pretend that this all makes complete sense to me and just say well He's God so He can do what He wants. That's what I hear often. I will just say to me He is God so He can choose to share with me what He wants to. Thank you for your input and for sharing your opinion!
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Evil is not the absence of good. Evil is the opposite of good. The absence of good is nothing, sort of like an apathy (not caring).
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
(10-01-2012 11:02 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 10:38 AM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  You say book of racism, sexism, homophobia and etc. I assume you are talking about the Bible. But I see the Bible as a book of love and grace. Once Jesus died the law was replaces by grace and forgiveness.

You have obviously not read the bible.

I have read the whole Bible through twice. A good bit confuses me, and personally I am not sure all of it applies to my life. The OT God seemed quite douchey. But as the bible goes He was still being rejected by the people so He had to be a judge. He is a God of grace and judgement and the only thing I can think of to justify this is to remember i have a finite mind and I am trying to understand an infinite God. H knows all yet takes the time to know me. Why? No one knows. All I know is this is what I believe

You've just glossed over the good bits your Sunday school teacher told you about in your bible study book.

I love this whole message of peace that JC supposedly was bringing (why telling folks they have to have their own family to hate them in order to follow JC).

OK, so this emotional and beautiful plea to live forever in happy land sound sweet..but to borrow from AbdelZ

So GOD = OT God

God was not only God alone. He was also Jesus and the Spirit that lives in me. And I realize how dumb this sounds and it will always sound the same until God changes your heart. But He is was and always will be. I don't understand it but I have to take it by faith. just like everyone must take everything else. By faith or opinion. Even the facts are based on opinion and perspective.

JC is kinda neat and swell, but JC is simply the road to get to GOD and his eternal worship service (ass kissing for all time).

So following JC has me spending eternity with the God of the OT..then thats like spending eternity with 'Charlie Hitler Stalin Manson'.

I agree that would suck if God were like them. But God put in them the ability to choose what they believe. There is a war inside between right and wrong and they all chose wrong.

God, as described in the bible, should be doing 99 to life for his WORKS. Nothing in the OT warrants respect or worship.
I admit I am angry at God and even hate Him at times but this doesn't change my belief that He exists. I would like to just say there is no God so I can do what I want. But what is my "moral code" disagrees with someone else's? Who is right? Neither of us because we should respect each others beliefs. But if my belief says I should kill him then what is right and what is wrong. If I believe their is no right and wrong then I will do whatever I want with no thought to consequences. I may as well be God but if I don't believe in Him how can I be Him? All I am saying is everyone holds to a moral code and that code wasn't just thought up in a few seconds buy some random people. God put it inside everyone the ability to discern right and wrong.

This is a guy that was ready to kill Moses over a flap of foreskin. Fucking PETTY!
He's admittedly jealous. Ever spent much time with a severely jealous person? In-Fucking-Sane!

If worshiping JC got me to something i wanted, the net result, then yeah. But to end up with the God of the OT? You gotta be nuts.

When you see God as He is worshiping JC will get you what you want because your desires will immediately change

Heck the Muslims ALMOST have it right...with the whole 70+ virgins. But if you have ever slept with a virgin, then you know you'd want a gal with experience. Virgin sex is as boring as it gets!

I get the fact that you've bought into the Feel Good Version of Christianity. What they DONT sell you on is demonstrating the true WORKS and CHARACTER of god..and THEN asking you "Do you want to spend eternity with THAT guy? IF so, you gotta go thru his son".

I don't believe in Feel good Christianity. I am a Christian and I rarely Feel good. I've been through a lot of crap in my day and without God well I just don't know. I'd probably have killed people. But I have no desire to bring harm to another human when I live for God. But my nature does come out form time to time. It makes me long to do so many things to hurt so many people. But like I said I have a battle raging in me every day

Just about every church I've been to (and thats quite a large number) they sell you on how you are FLAWED, WORTHLESS and basically BANKRUPT as a human, and you need JC to complete you (and he loves you). Toss in a heaping dose of eternal damnation and you have the typical "Invitation" part of the service.

I agree and I think this thinking is somewhat flawed. I can see myself as worthless if I want to but I cannot tell you you are worthless if you don't feel this way. I say we are all evil at the core, but most people don't live day to day from the core. So they can be quite good people. Sometimes they ignore their feelings so long they forget they ever had them. But many preachers are very contradictory and confusing. And let's not forget judgemental. For people that believe God is judge they judge waaaayyyy too much.

Its ALL in the presentation. How they bend the light in the prism. THEN once you are hooked AND if you have a thinking brain (non Sheeple) you spend a few years accepting, apologizing...and then you start deconverting as you begin to understand the WHOLE picture.

I have no reply for this other than I am not sure you can deconvert a life of serving God. If you go about it wrong the first time sure. If you just "pray the prayer" the pastor tells you to then yes you can fall away. But if you truly mean it in your heart it is a changing point for the rest of your life.

Go read Genesis without bias and apology and ask yourself if THATS someone you want to spend eternity (silly concept) with......

D

Abraham did question but he still obeyed. And the OT God is not the God I want to live with. If I had been born before Jesus came I don't know what I'd do. I absolutely cannot stand the OT version of God. But He is God and I don't understand all He does.
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 02:36 PM by Observer.)

(10-01-2012 11:37 AM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  D

I respect that view and identify with quite a bit of it. But instead of helping people just to help them I help because I love them as my fellow being. Yes just as you do. My personal beliefs are reflected in my own life and anyone who knows me knows what they are but I don't say they're wrong I just disagree in love. I agree we should make now all it can be but disagree that we should neglect or disbelieve in eternity. I don't know where it all began because I wasn't there but I do know that no one else was either. So we have to take all on faith. Every little fiber of existence is a formulation of theory or belief. I choose to put my faith in a loving God who has always been and always will be and I won't pretend that this all makes complete sense to me and just say well He's God so He can do what He wants. That's what I hear often. I will just say to me He is God so He can choose to share with me what He wants to. Thank you for your input and for sharing your opinion!

[/quote]

How do you know that voice of god you hear, that soft urging feeling you feel...is not you?

Yeah, its easy for me as an ExSavedChristian to poke fun at you about an imaginary pal...but in all seriousness, those voices and urges are simply core instinct for us as ANIMALS. Call it instinct, call it introspection, call it any number of natural things.....but why chalk it up to some invisible dieity that you 'just know' did all of this..because you lack a better explination?

See, its quite OK to NOT KNOW. Its when folks DONT KNOW something and so they simply stick god in there as the easy explination so they can go about their day. I used to be one of those types. But see the thing is, science is answering many of these questions in rapid form these days.

We are natural beings in a very natural world and universe. Adding SUPERnatural to anything is the ultimate in willful ignorance, in my humble opinion.

Scientist are king about not knowing and shrugging their sholders....then they set on the path to find that explination...manytimes spanning their lifetime.

THe biblical god is a maniac. John 3:16 is a rosy picture of manslaughter or suicide (depending on which side of the trinity you land). Its OK to know you were sold on this enduring story of eternal love and salvation. Just know that its just that...a sales pitch.

I go back to the simple math.
To get to GOD you gotta have some Jesus Juice...now that i can truly SEE what god is (thru his book) then why the hell would i want a tiny sip of Jesus Juice?

I am convinced that 80+% of CHRISTIANS dont really think too much about ole God...they are focused on JC and the whole cult of Jesus.

If Jesus got you to an eternity with an axe murder, would you still want jesus?

D
(10-01-2012 12:09 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 11:02 AM)Denicio Wrote:  

You have obviously not read the bible.

I have read the whole Bible through twice. A good bit confuses me, and personally I am not sure all of it applies to my life. The OT God seemed quite douchey. But as the bible goes He was still being rejected by the people so He had to be a judge. He is a God of grace and judgement and the only thing I can think of to justify this is to remember i have a finite mind and I am trying to understand an infinite God. H knows all yet takes the time to know me. Why? No one knows. All I know is this is what I believe

You've just glossed over the good bits your Sunday school teacher told you about in your bible study book.

So GOD = OT God

God was not only God alone. He was also Jesus and the Spirit that lives in me. And I realize how dumb this sounds and it will always sound the same until God changes your heart. But He is was and always will be. I don't understand it but I have to take it by faith. just like everyone must take everything else. By faith or opinion. Even the facts are based on opinion and perspective.

I agree that would suck if God were like them. But God put in them the ability to choose what they believe. There is a war inside between right and wrong and they all chose wrong.

I admit I am angry at God and even hate Him at times but this doesn't change my belief that He exists. I would like to just say there is no God so I can do what I want. But what is my "moral code" disagrees with someone else's? Who is right? Neither of us because we should respect each others beliefs. But if my belief says I should kill him then what is right and what is wrong. If I believe their is no right and wrong then I will do whatever I want with no thought to consequences. I may as well be God but if I don't believe in Him how can I be Him? All I am saying is everyone holds to a moral code and that code wasn't just thought up in a few seconds buy some random people. God put it inside everyone the ability to discern right and wrong.

When you see God as He is worshiping JC will get you what you want because your desires will immediately change

I don't believe in Feel good Christianity. I am a Christian and I rarely Feel good. I've been through a lot of crap in my day and without God well I just don't know. I'd probably have killed people. But I have no desire to bring harm to another human when I live for God. But my nature does come out form time to time. It makes me long to do so many things to hurt so many people. But like I said I have a battle raging in me every day

I agree and I think this thinking is somewhat flawed. I can see myself as worthless if I want to but I cannot tell you you are worthless if you don't feel this way. I say we are all evil at the core, but most people don't live day to day from the core. So they can be quite good people. Sometimes they ignore their feelings so long they forget they ever had them. But many preachers are very contradictory and confusing. And let's not forget judgemental. For people that believe God is judge they judge waaaayyyy too much.

I have no reply for this other than I am not sure you can deconvert a life of serving God. If you go about it wrong the first time sure. If you just "pray the prayer" the pastor tells you to then yes you can fall away. But if you truly mean it in your heart it is a changing point for the rest of your life.

D

Abraham did question but he still obeyed. And the OT God is not the God I want to live with. If I had been born before Jesus came I don't know what I'd do. I absolutely cannot stand the OT version of God. But He is God and I don't understand all He does.

Dude, you gotta learn to edit these posts better. I cant tell when you have replied with content or accidently replied with nothing added.
(10-01-2012 12:11 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 11:37 AM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  And the OT God is not the God I want to live with. If I had been born before Jesus came I don't know what I'd do. I absolutely cannot stand the OT version of God. But He is God and I don't understand all He does.

THen, pray tell, who do you expect to spend eternity with? Just JC? Did he vote god off the island? OR are you saying that God changed his ways after he had his 1st kid? See, you are now doing the KC New agy god thing. SO in essence your god could be your cat, for all we know.

D

Edit: Syntax fixed by moderation (the _Observer) too many open quotes makes the message undisplayable
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
(10-01-2012 11:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Two step shuffle. I believe in god and you don't, na-na. I got an after and you won't na-na

Yeah, have fun with that. Some people go through whatever mental gymnastics to feel superior to others just so they can live with themselves. I don't want to live with myself. I'm tired of waking up in this place. I'm tired of hearing all this double-talk. This kind of self-superiority just gets others killed. Me loving my Gwynnies just gonna get me killed. And who cares abut after? I sure don't.

Just because I believe in God and you don't doesn't mean I have an after and you don't. I believe all people are immortal. Not sure what happens before birth but after death our soul lives forever. That is my belief though. You would say I don't have an eternity or afterlife and you don't either. Naturally, I disagree. I do believe in making the most of every second of life though. However, I also want to know the purpose and meaning of why I am here. I think everyone does. As an atheist I assume you believe the only purpose for life is to live. But that saddens me. Likewise, I am sure when you hear me say I believe in God and Intelligent design it saddens or angers you. Maybe you even think I am being biased by the way I see the data from the beginning. But I would like to ask you a question. Are not all opinions biased? The theory of evolution was based on someones interpretation of the facts. Which is their opinion. As I have always said, Perspective is key. That is all I have to say for now. Thank you for sharing your opinion.