Again with the Noah B.S. on facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Again with the Noah B.S. on facebook
So not to my surprise, a religious person posted this link on FB. It would seem that the creation museum is late to the charge of building an ark. Someone over yonder has already done it. Comical and sad that my friend finds this video "really interesting".
At one point the guy is going on about what they used to seal the boat up, and how they made iron back then, etc,...., wanted to scream out the Ken Ham Quote, "were you there!!!!!"
I wish I could let my inner asshole out and continue to have friends, and a business.
http://danielkolenda.com/2014/04/06/the-real-noah/

T.H.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like T.H.'s post
08-04-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Again with the Noah B.S. on facebook
just watched it again. I love that the guy built it to show it could be done but uses lumber yard materials. Planed dimensional lumber, chicken wire, bolts, screws. Barrels with steel bands, and if you look close, ironically, you will see a sprinkler system on this ark.

T>H>
[+] 2 users Like T.H.'s post
08-04-2014, 02:42 PM
So you've built a big boat... Well fucking done mate, a real step in the right direction.

Now all you've got to do is get at least 2 of every unclean animal and 7 of each clean beast on that thing, with enough food to last a year, with all the many specialized diets all these millions of creatures require. Plus enough fresh drinking water, or at least somewhere to store it.

Oh yeah, somehow you're gonna have to deal with all the shit and piss from those animals... That's gonna be a 24/7 job for some unlucky sod. Just a day's worth of shit piled up on the top deck could capsize that sucker.

And somehow you're gonna have to stop the big dinosaurs from eating the little dinosaurs...

No to mention keeping animals alive in a dark, cramped environment despite malnourishment and no sanitation.

Remember, its mission failed if even a single animal dies.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Sam's post
08-04-2014, 03:03 PM
It's not full-scale, though...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Why? I mean the dude got drunk and naked and cursed his son for trying to give him cloths.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
08-04-2014, 05:02 PM
(08-04-2014 03:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why? I mean the dude got drunk and naked and cursed his son for trying to give him cloths.

I remember reading that when I was about 6 and thinking "what the fuck?"

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
09-04-2014, 11:29 AM
lol, my extended family has been ranting lately about Noah. I vented to my parents about it about how absurd it was. Mom guilt tripped the hell out of me. I told her I still love them, I'm not attacking them...but its a little silly to get so upset that the movie didn't stay true to what 'actually happened'. 'God' forbid someone doesn't stay true to the stories of global genocide by flood (and the magical packaging of animals and living for hundreds of years), a dirt man, a rib woman, yada yada yada. Then I got the 'sure seems like you're angry at God for something...'

I'm ranting. I'll stop. But I feel you man. My face hurts from so many Facepalm

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
09-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I had a family friend say on facebook, in so many words, about the movie Noah:

"Its not how I imagined it, but it seemed totally plausable....."

The end.
Sadcryface2
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Wait, with the creation museum's ark, would there be animatronic dinosaurs on board? Or are they going to re-create dinosaurs and put them on the ark so it'd be like Jurassic Park on water?

[Image: notagain.gif]
11-04-2014, 03:32 AM
(09-04-2014 11:34 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I had a family friend say on facebook, in so many words, about the movie Noah:

"Its not how I imagined it, but it seemed totally plausable....."

The end.
Sadcryface2

I'm going to join you in that response.
Sadcryface2Sadcryface2Sadcryface2

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post