Age of Earth & Peer Review

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: Age of Earth & Peer Review
(17-11-2014 09:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How old do you believe the earth is ?

I don't believe the earth is a certain age. I accept the findings of scientists who gathered the evidence from rock samples on earth, from meteorites that have fallen to the earth, from lunar samples and from comparing the mass and luminosity of

I wanted to post two of the answers I gave to two of the interview questions.
The initial question irritated me to no end.

I felt as if Ken Ham was going to jump out and ask "Were you there ?"

You're absolutely correct that the first two are stupid questions on the questionnaire for atheists. Unfortunately they are also very vital for to totality of the project. I'll write more later once I the rest back from the few that are out there, as I don't want to influence anyone's answers.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 09:56 AM
(18-11-2014 09:36 AM)microterf Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 09:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How old do you believe the earth is ?

I don't believe the earth is a certain age. I accept the findings of scientists who gathered the evidence from rock samples on earth, from meteorites that have fallen to the earth, from lunar samples and from comparing the mass and luminosity of

I wanted to post two of the answers I gave to two of the interview questions.
The initial question irritated me to no end.

I felt as if Ken Ham was going to jump out and ask "Were you there ?"

You're absolutely correct that the first two are stupid questions on the questionnaire for atheists. Unfortunately they are also very vital for to totality of the project. I'll write more later once I the rest back from the few that are out there, as I don't want to influence anyone's answers.

Please post the questions here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Tell Ken Ham I was there, and inscribed my name on a rock in what is now northern Africa.

The earth is 4, 792, 465, 321 years, 121 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes old. EXACTLY.

Now tell him to stfu.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
18-11-2014, 06:08 PM
The reason I asked the first two questions (Age of the earth, and evolution) on the atheist questionnaire as well as the christian one is because the questions are part of a larger project of a book that I am working on with one other person. Probably more like a PDF that I can then give believers on my stance instead of having the same debates over and over again.

A big part of the project is to bring empathy from christians to atheists. I really think that because of the indoctrination many of them associate any good with god, So they are reluctant to hear anything else beyond that. People by nature are obviously subjective with our own opinions unless we consciously check our biases. Things like evolution which sound very obvious to us are not obvious to them. I'm hoping if they can see another christian's answer and compare it to an atheists answer, it might help them to see that the atheist has a more logical answer and reasoning for the answer.

As I have been asked by a few people to post the questions and answers on here, I would like to do that (I have permission from all of the Christians, and waiting for some more of the atheists permission.) Should I start a new thread and put each set of questions and answers posts on that thread, or post them here?

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.