Agnostic Front

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 09:03 PM
RE: Agnostic Front
Sup, MDog?

How do you show someone unequivocally without evidence? I point to exhibit A; Christianity. What you're characterising as a casual process is exactly what is occurring today and exactly what most of the people on this board slam Theists for day in and day out.

And again, I'm not saying the supernatural exists and I'm not saying we might not know everything. I'm saying that if the supernatural exists, then it's primary characteristic is that it can do the impossible, that is to say, it can violate the laws of the natural universe, not redefine them, violate them.

Suppity sup sup, Ex?

No. Firesticks and jet aeroplanes and nukes and knives and sharp sticks are not magic. All of those things correspond to the laws of the natural universe. What you're describing is a scene where people misunderstood something and attributed qualities to it that it did not have. If the supernatural exists, it is not a matter of perspective. If it exists, then, like all other things, it IS something.

What I am saying is that THEORETICALLY, IF the supernatural exists THEN it MUST be X. If it is anything else, anything at all, misunderstandings, lack of understanding, or if people just done got grifted, then it is NOT supernatural because it is not X. X is X, nothing else. What is X? X is that which is SUPER to the natural. The super cannot be subordinate. You, me, water, gravity, planets and even the lowly platypus are subordinate. None of us are supernatural.

The Skrulls are not supernatural... maybe Super Skrull, but let's not get carried away. By and large they're just an interstellar empire of technologically advanced green-faced aliens. Nothing supernatural there. But there's a chance that you could kill one and drag it before a panel of scientists, who could do an autopsy and conclude that it was a living being; now deceased. That's proof.... WHAT THE FUCK AM I TALKING ABOUT?!??!?!?!?!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
The skrulls suck. Just sayin.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Oh, well Ghost, if you're going to play the THEORETICALLY, IF card, then I'll jump on the crazy train with you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
How is theoretical crazy? Theoretically there's 11 dimensions! Theoretically a tachyon travels faster than the speed of light. The supernatural IS theoretical BECAUSE there's no proof.

I didn't invent the word. Everything you need to know is literally in the word. Super means above and natural refers to the natural universe. If it ain't above the natural it ain't supernatural.

Males have an X and aY chromosome; therefore, IF you have XX THEN you're not male. This is simple logic.

IF a phenomenon corresponds to the laws of the natural universe THEN it ain't supernatural.
IF a phenomenon violates the laws of the natural universe THEN it is supernatural, BY DEFINITION.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

My head exploding in the next 5 seconds will be a perfectly natural occurrence.

Matt
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
(10-01-2012 09:28 PM)Ghost Wrote:  How is theoretical crazy? Theoretically there's 11 dimensions! Theoretically a tachyon travels faster than the speed of light. The supernatural IS theoretical BECAUSE there's no proof.

I didn't invent the word. Everything you need to know is literally in the word. Super means above and natural refers to the natural universe. If it ain't above the natural it ain't supernatural.

Males have an X and aY chromosome; therefore, IF you have XX THEN you're not male. This is simple logic.

IF a phenomenon corresponds to the laws of the natural universe THEN it ain't supernatural.
IF a phenomenon violates the laws of the natural universe THEN it is supernatural, BY DEFINITION.

Matt

Someone committed a party foul by linking my quirky crazy train quote to the word theoretical. That didn't come from my communication. You disappoint me, broski. It wasn't a an insult it was my intention to join you on the ride!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
[Image: 20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif]

[Image: skrulls.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
(10-01-2012 09:52 PM)lucradis Wrote:  [Image: skrulls.jpg]

You and the Mrs. attending the Emerald City Comicon?

~Izel
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
(10-01-2012 09:28 PM)Ghost Wrote:  How is theoretical crazy? Theoretically there's 11 dimensions! Theoretically a tachyon travels faster than the speed of light. The supernatural IS theoretical BECAUSE there's no proof.

Matt

I see the major problem in the way that 'God' is defined, particularly in accordance with those followers of The Book
Within infinity there is an infinite amount of possibilities. A tautology? yes! but many would confine the concept of god within the limits of how they percieve the world.
This, in my view, denigrates the whole notion.

As finite beings we cannot comprehend cosmic potentialities; all we can do is our best, within the parameters of our current "knowing" which seems to me , will always be lacking. IdeaHuh
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Just because the word 'supernatural' does exist doesn't mean the supernatural can exist. Your definition of what is supernatural must retreat before the advance of the natural.

If we can detect that a phenomenon occurs it is, by definition, natural and our laws are wrong, not the universe's laws.

If we can't detect it, then it doesn't exist for us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
(10-01-2012 09:03 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I'm saying that if the supernatural exists, then it's primary characteristic is that it can do the impossible, that is to say, it can violate the laws of the natural universe, not redefine them, violate them.

Hey Ghost.

Um.

If I saw a teacup floating in mid-air... would that be me not understanding the rules of the universe or the supernatural? You say firesticks aren't supernatural 'cos they result from imperfect understanding. I say if it is known that teacups can float in mid-air then we have to modify our theory to take that into account, not assert that teacups can't float and that therefore the reason that they do is the supernatural violating the laws of physics.

Methinks you're... trying too hard to keep an open mind. Some ideas are pointless. It is my thoroughly biased judgement made after a few years of observing that things that go bump in the night and start swearing are 100% natural that supernatural is one of these ideas.

Edit: apologies if that comes across as arrogant... Just my personal thoughts...