Agnostic:Gnostic Atheist Ratio?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Agnostic:Gnostic Atheist Ratio?
(07-10-2015 01:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Summary: if you're human, it's impossible to be an absolute 1 or 7.

Strongly disagree. It is eminently possible to have such convictions* when it comes to specific, well-defined claims. There just happens to be a serious lack of specific, well-defined religious claims.

*Barring, of course, the related-but-only-distantly argument as to whether any knowledge can ever be considered certain.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 03:35 PM
(07-10-2015 01:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  *Barring, of course, the related-but-only-distantly argument as to whether any knowledge can ever be considered certain.
ding ding ding.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-10-2015, 04:52 PM
(07-10-2015 01:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 01:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Summary: if you're human, it's impossible to be an absolute 1 or 7.

Strongly disagree. It is eminently possible to have such convictions* when it comes to specific, well-defined claims. There just happens to be a serious lack of specific, well-defined religious claims.

*Barring, of course, the related-but-only-distantly argument as to whether any knowledge can ever be considered certain.

Yep. As far as the God of the Abrahamic religions, it is possible to prove them false. It is easy to do and doesn't even take that much intellect if one accepts reason as a means to knowledge.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick