Agnostic Student Punished for Omitting "Under God"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Agnostic Student Punished for Omitting "Under God"
(10-11-2014 09:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:07 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  No, it's the other way around.

The one agnostic was persecuting the entire school by omitting "under God." Dodgy

He's infringing on the schools rights to make him do what they desire.

Exactly. If you accuse me of persecuting you, then that means you are the real persecutor - especially if you're in the minority.

It's in the Geneva Convention. Look it up.*

*One of my favorite lines from Taledega Nights Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
10-11-2014, 09:36 PM
(10-11-2014 09:19 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's infringing on the schools rights to make him do what they desire.

Exactly. If you accuse me of persecuting you, then that means you are the real persecutor - especially if you're in the minority.

It's in the Geneva Convention. Look it up.*

*One of my favorite lines from Taledega Nights Big Grin

Please, that line ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on. Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-11-2014, 11:29 PM
As part of my grade you are insisting that I get up in front of my fellow students and take a pledge of allegiance to a piece of fabric and then utter lies about some delusion that the masses entertain on a daily basis.

Are you mad ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Why was he even punished for not "properly" reciting the pledge of allegiance?

WHY THE FUCK IS THE PLEDGE EVEN MANDATORY TO BEGIN WITH!?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
10-11-2014, 11:50 PM
My allegiance is with justice and making sure that everyone is treated fairly and equally in the eyes of the law.
A concept of law that I support is found in the US Constitution that provides for a separation of church and state.

What you are asking me to do is betray that allegiance and instead offer my public endorsement of your religious views.

My lawyer will be in touch.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
11-11-2014, 12:06 AM
(10-11-2014 11:50 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My allegiance is with justice and making sure that everyone is treated fairly and equally in the eyes of the law.
A concept of law that I support is found in the US Constitution that provides for a separation of church and state.

What you are asking me to do is betray that allegiance and instead offer my public endorsement of your religious views.

My lawyer will be in touch.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
11-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Hire and attorney. Own the school.
11-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Suing them would be a start, I guess. But I won't REALLY be happy until I hear the phrase "high crime" used in reference to one of these cases. Make a few examples of overbearing teachers and administrators pour encourager les autres, and watch 99.9% of this problem go away.

.... yeah, okay, it's minor crap, but it IS technically a high crime. Or at least a high misdemeanor. And it's targeting kids. I'm not talking firing squad here, but at least some criminal prosecution for abuse of power is in order.
11-11-2014, 03:10 AM
I believe the "under god" bit destroys the meter of the prose, and leaves us with simply "too many notes".

don't believe everything you think
[+] 1 user Likes church_organ's post
11-11-2014, 08:04 AM
(10-11-2014 08:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems like he should have been able to say it the way it was written...for historical purposes. He didn't say it incorrectly. He used the original version.

Well, probably not quite the original version....
"I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" -- Francis Bellamy, 1892

And don't forget the hand salute that changed in the 1940's...
[Image: 220px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_th...salute.jpg]
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post