Agnostic dad loses custody of kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Video Agnostic dad loses custody of kids
The title pretty much says it. Watch the video and let us know what you think. Listening to the commentary is also interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rh_QyvDs...re=recentu
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2010, 08:26 PM
RE: Agnostic dad loses custody of kids
Where is the petition?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
They interviewed the dad here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SiQVac---M
01-12-2010, 11:09 PM

On it's face one would think a Judge would know better than to risk being overturned on appeal, if indeed the Agnosticism of the father in this case is what caused the Judge to cut his visitation privileges.

The Judge did make a comment on the record about religious ideology and how the couple did enjoy more communication when both were of the Christian faith, but that's not anything I read to be a direct indicator that he's saying the father's Agnosticism is what causes him concern and is what compelled him to cut visitation.

There are other issues involved, I'll bet. In any event it'll all come out in the wash, given the media coverage this case has received thus far.
I look forward to seeing the final outcome.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:On it's face one would think a Judge would know better than to risk being overturned on appeal, if indeed the Agnosticism of the father in this case is what caused the Judge to cut his visitation privileges.

This was what I was thinking too. It's great that the father is claiming that he lost the kids due to his agnosticism but that doesn't mean it's true. Without knowing anything at all about this case, my gut reaction is that it's probably not true and there are other factors in play here.

Now, it is possible that the judge does have a bias against the dad for his religious views but what I seriously doubt is he went on record as saying that is why he took the kids. It is possible, of course, but if that is the case then cooler heads will prevail on appeal.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-12-2010, 10:45 AM

This story is a real loaded gun. It can be picked at on so many levels. Yes I think there is more to it that simply the religion issue, but that doesn't excuse the mention of his religion as any issue whatsoever if there was no specific threat to the children noted as a result. I read a comment after one of the articles on this from someone with direct experience with this judge and it seems he's no father's right advocate by any stretch so that I'm sure is part of it. In general father's rights laws in this country are horendous!! The people involved in divorces are general even worse than the laws when it comes to actually thinking of the children first. So the religion angle of this story is very upsetting, but there is far more here than that for sure.
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Unfortunately, father's seem to have a lot fewer rights then mothers when it comes to divorce and custody. From the friends I have who have gone through this, a mother intent on using the kids to "punish" (for lack of a better word) a father can pretty much get away with it, and use money to hold the dad hostage. It's really not right. And, it's not just an issue of where the judge stands on the issue. Judges are limited by the law and in a lot of states the laws are very antiquated.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM

(02-12-2010 05:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  Unfortunately, father's seem to have a lot fewer rights then mothers when it comes to divorce and custody. From the friends I have who have gone through this, a mother intent on using the kids to "punish" (for lack of a better word) a father can pretty much get away with it, and use money to hold the dad hostage. It's really not right. And, it's not just an issue of where the judge stands on the issue. Judges are limited by the law and in a lot of states the laws are very antiquated.

So true. Always thought it was sad that there are real serious laws forcing dads to PAY child support (which is good BTW), but no laws requiring the mother to actually support her children with that money.
03-12-2010, 12:09 AM
(02-12-2010 05:32 PM)Dregs Wrote:  So true. Always thought it was sad that there are real serious laws forcing dads to PAY child support (which is good BTW), but no laws requiring the mother to actually support her children with that money.

You've got to be kidding. A mother can take the child support money and use on something other than the child? Do people have to prove they are fucking stupid in order to get jobs as law-makers?
06-12-2010, 08:05 PM
New interview today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKuBw5NNXPI