Agnostics Make no sense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Agnostics Make no sense
I hear it is impossible to prove that gods or nonexistent things don't exist. But let's beg to differ, if that were true, wouldn't that add to the stacks of evidence against the god or nonexistent things? Think, people. Wouldn't that be evidence against those nonexistent things (NTs)? If you look at it that way, there is proof gods are fake. Being that the statement "it's impossible to disprove god" is base on human ideas itself, it's best to keep in mind, that we all know these following things:

1. god or gods (or NT, nonexistent thing) do not communicate with people...and those that say otherwise are schizophrenic (delusional, illusional etc.);

2. all cases of god or gods have been through communication which isn't possible due to the above issue

3. because of those 2 things alone, there exists no evidence for the god(s) existence, which tragically, results to the default position of evidence for the opposing idea (the idea that god or gods or other NTs are fake)

4. and if those 3 aren't enough, there exists an infinite number of nonexistent things that share the same 3 attributes being that the existnece of being(s) that would contradict that of the other god or gods is equally likely, which is impossible.

5. okay, if you're reading this, unfortunately the last 4 weren't good enough for you or you just wanna keep reading. either way, here's the 5th reason:
By logic, if you try to prove god or gods, or better yet things we KNOW do not exist, then you'd fail equally as someone making an attempt to prove something made up, fabricated, lied into peoples minds or created by HP Lovecraft.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Agnostics Make no sense
Atheists make no sense???

Approbation squad car billabong junkie!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
06-09-2015, 10:37 PM
(06-09-2015 10:28 PM)RadThadd Wrote:  By logic, if you try to prove god or gods, or better yet things we KNOW do not exist, then you'd fail equally as someone making an attempt to prove something made up, fabricated, lied into peoples minds or created by HP Lovecraft.

The concept you are thinking of is that of the garage dragon, which, as you can see, we have discussed at length on this forum previously.

To sum up: no, garage dragons don't exist, and that form of agnosticism is indeed incoherent. There are many people, however, both on this forum and elsewhere, who use "agnosticism" as a label for simply lacking knowledge, not knowledge being impossible, and that's quite fine, if a bit semantically confusing.

Just be sure you don't get the two confused.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
06-09-2015, 10:54 PM
(06-09-2015 10:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 10:28 PM)RadThadd Wrote:  By logic, if you try to prove god or gods, or better yet things we KNOW do not exist, then you'd fail equally as someone making an attempt to prove something made up, fabricated, lied into peoples minds or created by HP Lovecraft.

The concept you are thinking of is that of the garage dragon, which, as you can see, we have discussed at length on this forum previously.

To sum up: no, garage dragons don't exist, and that form of agnosticism is indeed incoherent. There are many people, however, both on this forum and elsewhere, who use "agnosticism" as a label for simply lacking knowledge, not knowledge being impossible, and that's quite fine, if a bit semantically confusing.

Just be sure you don't get the two confused.

I agree with you 100% and you can prove a negative. But one not having the knowledge is indeed different from not being able to know. Nice clarification there.
06-09-2015, 11:08 PM
(06-09-2015 10:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Atheists make no sense???

I heard you're an idiot. Any truth to that?
06-09-2015, 11:27 PM
(06-09-2015 11:08 PM)RadThadd Wrote:  I heard you're an idiot. Any truth to that?

Yes.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 03:13 AM
(06-09-2015 11:08 PM)RadThadd Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 10:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Atheists make no sense???

I heard you're an idiot. Any truth to that?

Another humourless cunt joins the forum

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-09-2015, 03:44 AM
WTF is this doing in the creationism section?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-09-2015, 03:46 AM
(07-09-2015 03:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF is this doing in the creationism section?

Pissing me off Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2015, 03:55 AM
(07-09-2015 03:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 03:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF is this doing in the creationism section?

Pissing me off Dodgy

You need a puppy.
And a hug.
Hug

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post