Agrument Against the Sacrificial Death of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Agrument Against the Sacrificial Death of Jesus
For those who can't be bothered going to Egor's site, here are the essentials of Egor's argument:

1) The sacrifice wasn't from us to God, it was from him to us, because nothing could be worse than being a human for a while. (Why create us in the first place if we're so shit?)
2) People are saved from sin by transforming into Christ through faith.
3) When Jesus says he sheds his blood for the forgiveness of sins, he doesn't refer to his death on the cross, he's referring to people consuming him in order to turn into him. (So it's not through faith after all, it's through cannibalism.)
4) Human sacrifice idea doesn't add up because
a) Human sacrifice is forbidden in the Old Testament and Jews never practiced it. (Well yes but it's the Christians not the Jews who view him as a human sacrifice. The Jews think it's bollocks.)
b) Because Jesus was God in human form it would make no sense for him to sacrifice himself to himself. (Straw man - the fact that the idea is that it is humans sacrificing Jesus, not God.)
c) Jews and Romans crucified Christ out of hatred not as repentance. (And what about the Messianic Jews who supposedly thought of Jesus as the saviour and then became Christians - like the disciples for example?)
d) Why would Jesus forgive them for not knowing what they are doing if they were supposed to do it. (Again ignoring that the Jews who didn't accept him and the Romans wouldn't have thought of him as a sacrifice anyway)

Conclusion: Jesus not a human sacrifice but the sacrifice of God by becoming human so that people can know him and consume him "spiritually" (so it wasn't actually his body and blood after all?) so they can become one with him (so not actually becoming him then).

Obviously bolded stuff is mine - I could probably do better if I thought about it thoroughly but I didn't care enough.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehog648's post
10-02-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 02:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-02-2013 06:58 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  For those who can't be bothered going to Egor's site, here are the essentials of Egor's argument:

1) The sacrifice wasn't from us to God, it was from him to us, because nothing could be worse than being a human for a while. (Why create us in the first place if we're so shit?)
2) People are saved from sin by transforming into Christ through faith.
3) When Jesus says he sheds his blood for the forgiveness of sins, he doesn't refer to his death on the cross, he's referring to people consuming him in order to turn into him. (So it's not through faith after all, it's through cannibalism.)
4) Human sacrifice idea doesn't add up because
a) Human sacrifice is forbidden in the Old Testament and Jews never practiced it. (Well yes but it's the Christians not the Jews who view him as a human sacrifice. The Jews think it's bollocks.)
b) Because Jesus was God in human form it would make no sense for him to sacrifice himself to himself. (Straw man - the fact that the idea is that it is humans sacrificing Jesus, not God.)
c) Jews and Romans crucified Christ out of hatred not as repentance. (And what about the Messianic Jews who supposedly thought of Jesus as the saviour and then became Christians - like the disciples for example?)
d) Why would Jesus forgive them for not knowing what they are doing if they were supposed to do it. (Again ignoring that the Jews who didn't accept him and the Romans wouldn't have thought of him as a sacrifice anyway)

Conclusion: Jesus not a human sacrifice but the sacrifice of God by becoming human so that people can know him and consume him "spiritually" (so it wasn't actually his body and blood after all?) so they can become one with him (so not actually becoming him then).

Obviously bolded stuff is mine - I could probably do better if I thought about it thoroughly but I didn't care enough.
Well that's fun. "Sacrifice from him to us" ?? Hahah. The Gnostics also thought Jebus took on the corrupt (awful) human form, and that was his sacrifice, (Saul of T also said something like that "taking on human form, not clinging to godhood", or some-such ancient nonsense. It's also interesting, as Egsy has a really bad opinion of humans in general, (without his god they are corrupt, and Egsy has this great fear of what HE also would be without his god), so at least he's consistent, (even though he should get out of Psychiatry and get some different friends, as it's obviously skewed his opinion of humans in general). Jebus was executed not for any cosmic reason. He was a common crook/troublemaker. Nothing else.
I like how all atheists are lumped together. I wonder if most who talk about them have even ever met one or two. What Jebus "did on the cross" was no different than all the other dying and rising messiahs of his day. Nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
11-02-2013, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 01:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-02-2013 04:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  What Jesus did on the cross, what he did in his life, is completely lost on atheists. You ridiculous fools don't even believe God exists--so why do you go on about the things of Christ? Are you looking for something? Are you missing something? Shouldn't you just be out breeding or dying somewhere? What could Christ possibly mean to you? Huh

[Image: l179.jpg]

From now on whenever Egor opens his mouth to spew forth intolerance and hatred, he's getting the pigeon...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-02-2013, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 03:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-02-2013 01:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 04:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  Whenever Egor opens his mouth to spew forth intolerance and hatred, he's getting the pigeon...

Isn't that what internet "ordained", (ie credentials purchased for $29.99) supposed to do ? What else would they be good for ?
I wonder if even 1 person has ever been converted by being insulted and yelled at ?
But we dasn't be too hard on the prophet class. It ain't easy cooking up a new beligion, and getting it sold.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
11-02-2013, 04:58 AM
(11-02-2013 02:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 01:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I wonder if even 1 person has ever been converted by being insulted and yelled at ?
Probably quite a lot of children Angry
[+] 4 users Like hedgehog648's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  For all of you who have accepted Jesus of Gamala! Deltabravo 18 300 Today 09:19 AM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  Roman historian on Jesus sophonian 7 102 Today 07:40 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us Ace 24 446 21-07-2014 08:37 PM
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did Jesus commit suicide? dancefortwo 24 333 16-07-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  What is the more likely explanation of Jesus? Deltabravo 469 6,909 13-07-2014 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jagare
  Sudanese Mother Sentenced to Death for Apostasy and Adultery Michael_Tadlock 8 165 27-06-2014 05:17 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Jesus myth goodwithoutgod 654 11,868 25-06-2014 06:44 AM
Last Post: anonymous66