Ah Ha Moment, did you have one?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: Ah Ha Moment, did you have one?
I guess the first time I heard someone ask if I had "Found Jesus".....

I then remembered someone saying that I should "ask Jesus to save me"....

Well, fuck.... .If the guy's lost and needs to be found, how the fuck is he going to save anybody????

I said "Ah ha..... Jesus is the one who needs saving....."

I guess that's why they take up a collection for him every week....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-12-2015, 05:27 AM
(27-12-2015 08:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah, when I was 4.

I was far far older. I was 7. Laugh out load
I asked my 1st Grade teacher how it was possible to "go'' from Purgatory to heaven if time didn't exist. She told me to shut up. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2015, 05:50 AM
When I found out an undergraduate degree in psychology wasn't a degree to riches.

:face palm:

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
28-12-2015, 08:04 AM
(28-12-2015 05:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I asked my 1st Grade teacher how it was possible to "go'' from Purgatory to heaven if time didn't exist. She told me to shut up. Facepalm

Silly sod! Smile

But I love you anyway.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-12-2015, 09:04 AM
I've set it out here before I believe, but I was 17 and in "Bible Doctrines" class doing an assignment. We were reading and studying about how God demanded that the Israelites kill all the men and boys and keep the young women for themselves. I nudged Dennis sitting at my side and said I'd like to have a few of those virgins hahahah etc... Then sat back and thought about the reality of it. That is when I decided that if God was how He was pictured in our classes He had no respect coming from me. That was over half a century ago, and my attitude has just hardened since then. If you can prove that God exists He has a lot to answer for!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
28-12-2015, 09:05 AM
(28-12-2015 05:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

When we get to Heaven you can ask Jesus those questions, so be good!
28-12-2015, 09:07 AM
I'll ask him why he gave me cancer. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-12-2015, 11:28 AM
As a Catholic, I never actually read the Bible. I was spoon-fed the good passages in church. I grew up thinking God was love and the Bible was truly the *good* book. I believed in praying to saints and on rosaries. It didn't seem weird to me because everyone I knew was doing it. I became a Christian as an adult because I had several friends who were Jesus freaks and I was at a point in my life where I wanted to know more about God and they seemed to be really knowledgeable about the Bible and about God. Again, I was spoon-fed only the good passages.

I knew about evolution, but I just believed that God *allowed* it to happen. Facepalm

One day, I decided to do a little extra biblical reading on my own. I got to the passage in Matthew where the dead saints rose from their graves and started walking around the city. Hobo Well, that was the beginning of my path to atheism.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
28-12-2015, 01:44 PM
(28-12-2015 11:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  As a Catholic, I never actually read the Bible. I was spoon-fed the good passages in church. I grew up thinking God was love and the Bible was truly the *good* book. I believed in praying to saints and on rosaries. It didn't seem weird to me because everyone I knew was doing it. I became a Christian as an adult because I had several friends who were Jesus freaks and I was at a point in my life where I wanted to know more about God and they seemed to be really knowledgeable about the Bible and about God. Again, I was spoon-fed only the good passages.

I knew about evolution, but I just believed that God *allowed* it to happen. Facepalm

One day, I decided to do a little extra biblical reading on my own. I got to the passage in Matthew where the dead saints rose from their graves and started walking around the city. Hobo Well, that was the beginning of my path to atheism.

I have had several people mention that their path to atheism was in reading the actual bible. I find that the most hilarious thing of all!
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Reading the actual book should be required before joining a religion. That would fix'em. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
28-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Much like golf, religion ruins what should otherwise be a pleasant walk.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post