Ah, childhood...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Ah, childhood...
I was driving home the other day, and there in someone's yard was a hobby horse. Got me to thinking of childhood and the various toys I had...

Zeh hobby horse Tongue
[Image: 11104450_3.jpg?v=8CE317BC1825060]

Glo-worm - anyone else remember these? Big Grin
[Image: 120653088845.jpg]

My Buddy!!!!
[Image: budd.jpg]

and Care Bear! Big Grin
[Image: mHmmf9nH6eqXWizPONigpyw.jpg]

Pamela doll Yes
[Image: Pamela%20Doll.jpg]

Blush Maybe iz silly (and slightly weird and creepy) that I'm subjecting y'all to this, but that hobby horse got me on a trip down memory lane...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
24-05-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Ah, childhood...
Ya make me feel old EA...my younger daughter had a Gloworm and both girls had My Little Pony stuff.

I had this Barbie..I thought she was pretty cool cause her hair looked like my mom's. Later I got a Ken, a Midge, and a Skipper. Mom made some clothes for Barbie and Ken one Christmas but after working on that tiny little stuff, she didn't make any more. Didn't have all the cool accessories that are out now.

[Image: Barbie-1962-Barbie-Red-Flare(1).jpg]

And then my first 'magical drawing toy' - way before computer programs but played with a lot.

[Image: beatles-etch-a-sketch.jpg]

And a bicycle that was purchased with Green Stamps and was bought so I could 'grow into it'...that meant I spent about the first year riding it standing up and would still probably be too tall for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 05:06 PM
[Image: $%28KGrHqQOKkQE3uc,s0ELBOHvRbGDy!~~_35.JPG]

Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-05-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 10:03 PM by kim.)
(24-05-2014 03:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had this Barbie..I thought she was pretty cool cause her hair looked like my mom's. Later I got a Ken, a Midge, and a Skipper. Mom made some clothes for Barbie and Ken one Christmas but after working on that tiny little stuff, she didn't make any more. Didn't have all the cool accessories that are out now.

Did you have the Skipper who's boobs got big when you pulled her arm back? That was crazy!! Smile

I had a PJ and a Ken but I also had the British Barbie- Stacy.
[Image: cce2f123381277ca84a26c8398d08c9e.jpg]
Ken was an asshole... my Barbies refused to have sex with him... they liked my brother's GI Joe. He was an astronaut - had the whole space suit and capsule - very cool. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-05-2014, 06:38 PM
(24-05-2014 06:09 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 03:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had this Barbie..I thought she was pretty cool cause her hair looked like my mom's. Later I got a Ken, a Midge, and a Skipper. Mom made some clothes for Barbie and Ken one Christmas but after working on that tiny little stuff, she didn't make any more. Didn't have all the cool accessories that are out now.

Did you have the Skipper who's boobs got big when you pulled her arm back? That was crazy!! Smile

I had a PJ and a Ken but I also had the British Barbie- Stacy.
[Image: cce2f123381277ca84a26c8398d08c9e.jpg]
Ken was an asshole... my Barbies refused to have sex with him... they like my brother's GI Joe. He was an astronaut - had the whole space suit and capsule - very cool. Shy

No, my Skipper didn't reach puberty while I had her.

Midge had reddish hair worn in a flip.

Ken had plastic molded hair and never had cool stuff...baby brother wasn't born yet so no GI Joes till long past my Barbie days.

Funny, now that I think about it...Barbie had hair like mom's, Midge like a couple of her sisters, Ken blonde like dad and my sister ended up with the waist length blondish hair like my Skipper doll. Maybe not funny - a little creepy actually...ICK! Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I had friggin' hundreds of these guys.....

[Image: Strathisla-2.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
24-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Wow - they remind me of GWAR. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-05-2014, 07:38 PM
(24-05-2014 07:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Wow - they remind me of GWAR. Shy

Little GWAR embryos.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 07:42 PM
(24-05-2014 07:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Wow - they remind me of GWAR. Shy

Muscle Men. They were the shit!

(my bro in law got swallowed at a gwar show a few years ago Yes )

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Lead soldiers. Yes, I said lead.

[Image: 11605552_1_l.jpg]

HO trains

[Image: tj_ho_train_layout_jan2010_04.jpg]

[Image: air-rifle.jpg]

[Image: mtbh8C3LhuptqFwX-ai3seQ.jpg] [Image: B_25_Mitchell1.jpg]

[Image: Girder-and-Panel-construction-toys.jpg]

Thinking about this made me realize that I had quite a few toys. There were more.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post