Ah, childhood...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Ah, childhood...
At my grandparent's farm we had toys that had belonged to my dad or his sister or brother...

[Image: vintage-lincoln-logs.jpg]

[Image: sticks.jpg]

[Image: ode_to_marbles_by_gaiagadzook-d2a4jzz.jpg]

[Image: jacks-jackswm.jpg]

My other grandfather had bad eyesight. He loved to play checkers and no one could beat him though we still tried. Someone found him a checkers game that was a big vinyl sheet. The checkers were about the size of hockey pucks. One color had stickers with pictures of Fred Flintstone and the other Barney Rubble. He could see those well enough to play. I have never seen a set like that since and can't even find an image. That is a fun memory with him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 10:15 PM
I love seeing everyone's replies. Big Grin Cool memories!

Here are some more of mine Big Grin

Couldn't seem to find any pictures of the house we had for them, but these were played with a lot. Yes
[Image: IMG_2847.JPG]

This one was another favorite!!! Big Grin
[Image: fisher_price_2500_main_street.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
24-05-2014, 10:18 PM
(24-05-2014 10:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My other grandfather had bad eyesight. He loved to play checkers and no one could beat him though we still tried. Someone found him a checkers game that was a big vinyl sheet. The checkers were about the size of hockey pucks. One color had stickers with pictures of Fred Flintstone and the other Barney Rubble. He could see those well enough to play. I have never seen a set like that since and can't even find an image. That is a fun memory with him.

I still play jacks Wink

Is this what you were looking for?
[Image: Flintstone+checkers.JPG]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
24-05-2014, 10:21 PM
(24-05-2014 10:18 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 10:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My other grandfather had bad eyesight. He loved to play checkers and no one could beat him though we still tried. Someone found him a checkers game that was a big vinyl sheet. The checkers were about the size of hockey pucks. One color had stickers with pictures of Fred Flintstone and the other Barney Rubble. He could see those well enough to play. I have never seen a set like that since and can't even find an image. That is a fun memory with him.

I still play jacks Wink

OMG! Yes...how cool...I need to steal this and send it to my sister to see if she remembers them. Awesome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2014, 10:24 PM
(24-05-2014 10:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 10:18 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I still play jacks Wink

OMG! Yes...how cool...I need to steal this and send it to my sister to see if she remembers them. Awesome!

email the seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fred-F...7675.l2557

24-05-2014, 10:40 PM
I had a science set with a little microscope - I was always looking at scabs and bug parts. I also had a chemistry set but, after some unfortunate melting incidents, I was not allowed to use it without my Mom or Dad around. Dodgy I deny everything.

Tinker Toys was a favorite, too, from the time I was a tiny kid.
[Image: il_fullxfull.264176565.jpg]
I got pretty elaborate with them.

I had my own workbench in the basement where I dismantled everything I could get ahold of. I even got to where I could put some stuff back together. Tongue

That's probably when my parents realized I needed to satisfy a meticulous attention to detail ....so... The Golden Hinde...
[Image: golden%20hinde%20model%20ship%20(13).JPG]
It took a while to put it together. I loved painting it but hated having to paint it the way it was supposed to be painted. Dodgy That was just retarded.

I also had the aircraft carrier Yorktown I was working on... the thing was huge.
[Image: ModelsRMX3017USSYorktownPic1.jpg]
Don't think I ever completely finished it... but it had a deck that could be cranked down, which I thought was cool.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-05-2014, 02:43 AM
My British granddad once had a job where he would carve a toy out of wood and the company would create a mold from it to mass produce versions in metal. He kept some of these toys and gave them to me when I visited.

There's actually a small steam train that's so detailed. I need to find it again next time I visit my parents and put it somewhere safe. He passed away almost 20 years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
25-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I had a stick....it was a really nice stick. Yes

JK, I had Matchbox and Hotwheels cars, Legos and a few Tonka toys.

Models, I've probably built them all, from cars, motorcycles, airplanes to ships.

Oh, and I had the HO trains in Germany.

And dont forget the stick..... did I mention it was nice? Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
25-05-2014, 07:13 AM
No toys.

Just clothes and books for b'days and christmas.

Smile

25-05-2014, 08:00 AM
sticks, farm fields, woods, spring fed creeks, hot wheels, matchbox cars, bicycles, hammer/nails and some pallets can be transformed into an awesome treehouse by some bored kids. climbing on hay bales, riding horses, old cemeteries, barbies and her bazillion accessories, old reel to reel tape recorders, jacks.BB guns. My older brothers had HO trains, rockets, chemistry sets, microscopes,

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post