Ah, good ol' religious tolerance...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Ah, good ol' religious tolerance...
I don't know if anyone has seen this. I just saw it posted on Sam Harris' Facebook page.

http://vimeo.com/16779150
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2010, 01:04 PM
RE: Ah, good ol' religious tolerance...
I would imagine there is a group of liberals somewhere saying the subtitles are fake and put there by non-liberals.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2010, 02:08 PM
This is not news to me. This is how I've known the middle east to be my entire life. In Ramadi, on guard duty with an Iraqi soldier, when I was bored I'd ask them to tell me what they think of the Jews. The crazy things they would say would be as mind boggling as Fox News.

-I like the kids show. The lamb came back to life and said 'don't eat me, I'm poison.' I bet even the kids had trouble believing that one.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-11-2010, 02:12 PM

(18-11-2010 02:08 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  This is not news to me. This is how I've known the middle east to be my entire life. In Ramadi, on guard duty with an Iraqi soldier, when I was bored I'd ask them to tell me what they think of the Jews. The crazy things they would say would be as mind boggling as Fox News.

-I like the kids show. The lamb came back to life and said 'don't eat me, I'm poison.' I bet even the kids had trouble believing that one.

When were you there? I was just up the road at TQ in '03.
18-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Ramadi in '05-'06 and Baghdad surrounding areas '07-'08. Ramadi was very much like Black Hawk Down (frequently ran out of ammo), whereas Baghdad was like Jarhead (didn't fire one shot)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Ah, the face of hate. Made even more popular by all those beards!

Confused

I have to admit, the story about the Prophet Muhammad and the Jewish woman who poisoned the meat of the right front leg of a lamb after inviting him to dinner, thinking if he was truly a prophet of God that God would save him from eating it otherwise he'd be dead and the world would be free of him, was priceless. Anyone who believes that tale is true has been camel humping for far too long!
God brought the lamb to life (that right front leg cooked and laying on the plate in front of Muhammad), so that it spoke to the Prophet and told him not to eat of it, because it was poisoned! [Image: A_laughing_matter.gif]

I hate it when legs of meat talk during dinner! It ruins my appetite and spoils the whole evening. Tongue
18-11-2010, 02:34 PM

(18-11-2010 02:21 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I hate it when legs of meat talk during dinner! It ruins my appetite and spoils the whole evening. Tongue

This made my day.

I just want to know where I can get that matzo recipe. There's an elementary school just up the street and Thanksgiving is fast approaching!
(18-11-2010 02:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Ramadi in '05-'06 and Baghdad surrounding areas '07-'08. Ramadi was very much like Black Hawk Down (frequently ran out of ammo), whereas Baghdad was like Jarhead (didn't fire one shot)

Good on ya', man. Welcome home.

We took fire at TQ, but were never allowed to engage. Kind of glad about that.
18-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Not allowed to engage? What kind of crap is that? We started off firing at anything for any reason and subsequently had more and more limitations added to our ROE, not the other way around.

Is it weird that I find the lady with the "report" and her inability to consider new information MORE disturbing than the guy who's getting off on Holocaust videos?

25-11-2010, 07:02 AM
News? in all over Britain there are Saudis schools teaching those things and much more. And the world say the only obsticle to peace is the settelements.......
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2010, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2010 08:37 AM by gamutman.)
(18-11-2010 01:04 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I would imagine there is a group of liberals somewhere saying the subtitles are fake and put there by non-liberals.

Why would you imagine that? Speaking as a liberal, I wouldn't put anything past conservatives when it comes to spewing propaganda - even Arab conservatives.