Ah, well, good on you Alabama...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Ah, well, good on you Alabama...
Now all the vagina virgins at church are legal, too! Woo hoo!

There are a ton of old ridiculous laws still on the books here. Fortunately, *most* of them aren't enforced. When I was in college, we couldn't have sorority houses because of old brothel laws for the city. Easier to restrict us delicate females from male sleepovers when you're forced to stay in the dorms. I did the walk of shame many a time at my (now) husband's fraternity house; it was a little more difficult sneaking him out of my dorm.

Of note, North Alabama (particularly Huntsville) has a more progressive, diverse culture. Its also wealthier and better educated. If it weren't for my family, I would be out of the atheist closet with little social consequence. In most circles it's finally become unacceptable to be homophobic and gay couples are seen on dates in straight bars and nice restaurants (this was something you didnt see 15 years ago, the Gay Rights movement has made huge strides). From my perspective, being openly racist here is social and career suicide. When I worked home health I encountered a small handful of homes with dirt floors and colorblind women, but it was about a 2 hour drive from Huntsville to find the places that fit the stereotypes of incest and white hooded men burning crosses. Do homophobic, sexually repressed, racist cousin/sibling fuckers live here? Uh yeh, but fortunately they are few and far between and typically found in the less populated impoverished areas. Unless you're at walmart.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
26-06-2014, 04:21 PM
http://m.theatlantic.com/national/archiv...ma/372973/

I think this explains what happened better than the original post. This was not a "God hates fags" violation of rights. The male perpetrator forcibly RAPED the victim. Its not like the swat team beat down the doors of a gay man and arrested him for having a consensual love fest with his partner.

Now I'm off to petition to my representatives for nonconsensual anal sex to be classified as rape.
26-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Arghh. Apparently my reading comprehension needs work. There wasn't enough evidence to convict on sodomy 1st so they dropped it to the sexual misconduct bullshit law cause they were afraid the defendant would walk. Obviously, law is not my area of expertise.
26-06-2014, 05:51 PM
(26-06-2014 05:42 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Arghh. Apparently my reading comprehension needs work. There wasn't enough evidence to convict on sodomy 1st so they dropped it to the sexual misconduct bullshit law cause they were afraid the defendant would walk. Obviously, law is not my area of expertise.

So due to them not having enough evidence to convict him on an actual crime they cost the taxpayers several million dollars by trying to enforce an unconstitutional (already decided) law. Way to go Alabama keep lowering the bar.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post