Lightbulb Ah...what to believe, eh?
Thought this was fantastic. Big Grin What to believe? Consider

http://www.examiner.com/article/ufo-spot...anet-video

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Ah...what to believe, eh?
(18-10-2014 01:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought this was fantastic. Big Grin What to believe? Consider

Since the object casts no shadow on the lunar surface, it is nowhere near it, and it would be a huge object if it were.
If this is not just an out-and-out fake, the object is in earth orbit. His enlarging the video still and claiming there is a 'halo' shows his ignorance of digital imaging.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-10-2014, 01:42 PM
(18-10-2014 01:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 01:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought this was fantastic. Big Grin What to believe? Consider

Since the object casts no shadow on the lunar surface, it is nowhere near it, and it would be a huge object if it were.
If this is not just an out-and-out fake, the object is in earth orbit. His enlarging the video still and claiming there is a 'halo' shows his ignorance of digital imaging.

I'm glad you chimed in...
What I find interesting, is that these ''stories'' are still considered reportable, or news worthy. I wonder why more people aren't as scrutinizing with what they choose to believe when it comes to these things. Having said that, we don't have any reason to discount that there could be some type of life outside of earth.

18-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Also going the right speed for a satellite in Earth's orbit.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
18-10-2014, 01:54 PM
I think that sometimes people see genuine mind boggling shit in the sky but I am more inclined nowadays to theorise that if it is a craft then it was made on earth by us.

I do believe there is probably intelligent life, but if they can be self sustainable and travel huge distances to get here... I very much doubt we would offer anything of value to them, and I doubt they would communicate (even if they could)

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-10-2014, 01:56 PM
(18-10-2014 01:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Also going the right speed for a satellite in Earth's orbit.

Yeah, that. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2014, 01:57 PM
(18-10-2014 01:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think that sometimes people see genuine mind boggling shit in the sky but I am more inclined nowadays to theorise that if it is a craft then it was made on earth by us.

I do believe there is probably intelligent life, but if they can be self sustainable and travel huge distances to get here... I very much doubt we would offer anything of value to them, and I doubt they would communicate (even if they could)

yea, good points. No other planet we know of currently can sustain life as we know it. But, who knows. We are learning new things everyday. There was a recent discovery on mars, I want to say, that talked about how life 'started' there and travelled to the earth by way of asteroid, and that is what 'started' life. I find it a stretch when I read it, but ...I guess there are interesting 'theories' out there.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
20-10-2014, 04:47 AM
There is definitely more intelligent life out there our galaxy, let alone universe, its so massive. And frankly welcome to life despite many extremely uninhabitable systems. The problem is space. The chance a UFO travelled all the way here after detection of our signals is very small at the moment. Wait a millenia or two. Then our modern evolution will be tested Undecided.
20-10-2014, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2014 06:58 AM by DLJ.)
(20-10-2014 04:47 AM)MadDog Wrote:  There is definitely more intelligent life out there

What depresses me... that there isn't more intelligent life on earth.

Unsure

20-10-2014, 06:54 AM
The first sentence of the article says that Earth is consistently visited by UFO's.

really? I would like to see one since its so consistent.

No

c'mon now. This guy is jumping to conclusions in leaps and bounds. He asks an FBI person if it looks fake. Seriously? How about we ask James Cameron or some other person who makes sci fi movies look real, if he think its a fake. He would know the tricks of the trade. Why don't we talk to someone from NASA or the other space agencies or scientists?

well, because we know why. its bullshit.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller