Ah...what to believe, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Ah...what to believe, eh?
(18-10-2014 01:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 01:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think that sometimes people see genuine mind boggling shit in the sky but I am more inclined nowadays to theorise that if it is a craft then it was made on earth by us.

I do believe there is probably intelligent life, but if they can be self sustainable and travel huge distances to get here... I very much doubt we would offer anything of value to them, and I doubt they would communicate (even if they could)

yea, good points. No other planet we know of currently can sustain life as we know it. But, who knows. We are learning new things everyday. There was a recent discovery on mars, I want to say, that talked about how life 'started' there and travelled to the earth by way of asteroid, and that is what 'started' life. I find it a stretch when I read it, but ...I guess there are interesting 'theories' out there.

There is a Neil deGrasse Tyson clip that he talks about this. Its called panspermia (I think). It is an idea that has been around for quite awhile. IIRC, at this point in time, there isnt enough evidence to say it happened, only that it is a possibility. We know some life forms (bacteria and other ittty bitty things) can survive space. NDT hinted at an asteroid hitting Mars, a piece flying off from that impact with enough force to make it here and seeding life here.

Found it

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
20-10-2014, 07:06 AM
(20-10-2014 04:47 AM)MadDog Wrote:  Wait a millenia or two. Then our modern evolution will be tested Undecided.

Meaning?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2014, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2014 07:28 AM by MadDog.)
Our technological advancement since our first signals left earth. I read alot of sci-fi so I'm no doubt overly paranoid but there is a good chance somewhere in the galaxy there is intelligent life. It's not like we evolved in an instant, I'm sure plenty of others have beaten us to the punch. Imagine where we will be technologically in another 10 000 years?
20-10-2014, 07:23 AM
In our solar system aliens surely don't exist Mars is well outside the Goldilocks zone, and is extremely cold. Back when the planets were forming I can imagine water being there but now the volcanic period has ended their is only dust and ice
20-10-2014, 07:26 PM
(20-10-2014 07:00 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 01:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  yea, good points. No other planet we know of currently can sustain life as we know it. But, who knows. We are learning new things everyday. There was a recent discovery on mars, I want to say, that talked about how life 'started' there and travelled to the earth by way of asteroid, and that is what 'started' life. I find it a stretch when I read it, but ...I guess there are interesting 'theories' out there.

There is a Neil deGrasse Tyson clip that he talks about this. Its called panspermia (I think). It is an idea that has been around for quite awhile. IIRC, at this point in time, there isnt enough evidence to say it happened, only that it is a possibility. We know some life forms (bacteria and other ittty bitty things) can survive space. NDT hinted at an asteroid hitting Mars, a piece flying off from that impact with enough force to make it here and seeding life here.

Found it

Thanks for posting this! Hard to believe, but it's interesting just the same.

Be true to yourself. Heart