Ahh, the Scots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Ahh, the Scots
Apparently Glasgow's organisers of the Commonwealth Games didn't even think to check that anybody actually knew how to work the official baton before the opening ceremony. Link here.

And these are the guys who think they can run an entire country by themselves. [Image: 007_rofl.gif]

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: Ahh, the Scots
(23-07-2014 09:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Apparently Glasgow's organisers of the Commonwealth Games didn't even think to check that anybody actually knew how to work the official baton before the opening ceremony. Link here.

And these are the guys who think they can run an entire country by themselves. [Image: 007_rofl.gif]

Yeah right because some cock-up by the organisers of some pointless, boring sporting event which is a historical hang-over and has no relevance to the rest of the world any more obviously dismisses the fact that Scotland practically is a separate country run by itself already.

You carry on lapping up the English press though and keep believing that you are somehow superior so that you don't have to face up to the fact that Westminster is a class-ridden elitist shithole of corrupted pigs keeping you in your place.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-07-2014, 01:30 AM
(24-07-2014 01:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You carry on lapping up the English press though and keep believing that you are somehow superior so that you don't have to face up to the fact that Westminster is a class-ridden elitist shithole of corrupted pigs keeping you in your place.

Is the Scottish crowd better? Same shit, different pig IMO - all politicians are like that. Mind you I know nothing of your politics...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-07-2014, 01:33 AM
(24-07-2014 01:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Is the Scottish crowd better? Same shit, different pig IMO - all politicians are like that. Mind you I know nothing of your politics...

Some political systems are worse than others.
24-07-2014, 01:36 AM
(24-07-2014 01:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 09:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Apparently Glasgow's organisers of the Commonwealth Games didn't even think to check that anybody actually knew how to work the official baton before the opening ceremony. Link here.

Yeah right because some cock-up by the organisers of some pointless, boring sporting event which is a historical hang-over and has no relevance to the rest of the world any more obviously dismisses the fact that Scotland practically is a separate country run by itself already.

You carry on lapping up the English press though and keep believing that you are somehow superior so that you don't have to face up to the fact that Westminster is a class-ridden elitist shithole of corrupted pigs keeping you in your place.

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
24-07-2014, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 01:57 AM by Elder Cunningham.)
(23-07-2014 09:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  And these are the guys who think they can run an entire country by themselves. [Image: 007_rofl.gif]

The organisers of the arse end of a fallen empire games are planning to run a country?

Edit: It seems the baton fumbler was Tunku Muda Serting Imran, a Malaysian prince who is the president of the Common wealth Games Federation. He's from Malaysia. So I ask the OP what the fuck this has to do with Scotland or its politics.
24-07-2014, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 08:36 AM by Hughsie.)
Note to self;

Posting threads that are clearly light hearted and not intended to be serious in the 'Sport' section that reference politics is perhaps a bad idea. Clearly these things go right over some people's heads.

Dodgy

PS. EC, as you managed to miss the point twice in your reply to the OP (congratulations), I'll address the second time as well. I'm well aware the Malaysian guy wasn't Scottish (I picked up on several subtle clues there), my point was that perhaps someone shoulda thought to check he knew what he was doing and how to do it before the actual event. Someone like, I dunno, the Scottish organisers.

Tbh though, it's not like it matters, this was supposed to be a casual thread taking a light-hearted dig at a minor issue in the opening ceremony of a relatively small sporting event.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-07-2014, 05:50 AM
(24-07-2014 05:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Note to self;

Posting threads that are clearly light hearted and not intended to be serious in the 'Sport' section that reference politics is perhaps a bad idea. Clearly these things go right over some people's heads.

Dodgy

PS. EC, as you managed to miss the point twice in your reply to the OP (congratulations), I'll address the second time as well. I'm well aware the Malaysian guy wasn't Scottish (I picked up on several subtle clues there), my point was that perhaps someone shoulda thought to check he what he was doing and how to do it before the actual event. Someone like, I dunno, the Scottish organisers.

Tbh though, it's not like it matters, this was supposed to be a casual thread taking a light-hearted dig at a minor issue in the opening ceremony of a relatively small sporting event.

Casual bigotry is often defended as light hearted banter, especially when it equates the actions of a few to the entirety of a collective demographic.
24-07-2014, 06:37 AM
(24-07-2014 05:50 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 05:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Note to self;

Dodgy

PS. EC, as you managed to miss the point twice in your reply to the OP (congratulations), I'll address the second time as well. I'm well aware the Malaysian guy wasn't Scottish (I picked up on several subtle clues there), my point was that perhaps someone shoulda thought to check he what he was doing and how to do it before the actual event. Someone like, I dunno, the Scottish organisers.

Casual bigotry is often defended as light hearted banter, especially when it equates the actions of a few to the entirety of a collective demographic.

Agreed,

Equally light hearted banter can be misconstrued as casual bigotry. I don't think any harm was meant. There's a long running thing between the English and the Scottish, where both sides take a lot of banter from one another but it's exactly that, just banter.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
24-07-2014, 06:56 AM
(24-07-2014 06:37 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Agreed,

Equally light hearted banter can be misconstrued as casual bigotry. I don't think any harm was meant. There's a long running thing between the English and the Scottish, where both sides take a lot of banter from one another but it's exactly that, just banter.

So you think creating an entire thread in the current political atmosphere to make the most spurious claim that the Scots aren't fit to run their own country is banter misconstrued as bigotry and not vice versa? Perhaps it would be if it was a one off, but as this is the umpteenth time I've seen a comment like this, I'll prefer not to give the benefit of the doubt.

And what people call "banter" frequently isn't "exactly that". Banter is so often a word to hide bullying behind.