Ahh, the Scots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Ahh, the Scots
I'm glad I didn't post the thread I was gonna start about hughsies recently, people would have had a heart attack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 09:26 AM
(24-07-2014 09:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When I make jokes about Canada always apologizing does that make me a biggot? O.o Or is the "pictures making fun of religion" make anyone who posts a biggot?

Honest question. Its an interesting thought.

Attack the belief? No. Universally attacking the believers, calling them stupid, idiots, etc? Yes.
24-07-2014, 11:23 AM
(24-07-2014 09:16 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 09:11 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Then I suggest you're blurring lines and bringing things in to the issue that aren't there!

If you 'don't care', about hughsies other posts and aren't willing to take in to account hughsie's overall attitude, character and clearly non bigotted posts in countless threads on this forum, but instead choose to focus on one ill conceived comment and continue to grief hughsie, even after hughsie has explained it wasn't meant that way, you're a bully. Plain and simple.

So are you saying people who are otherwise nice never do bad things?

No, I think we may have in fact reached exactly the correct point here.

I am saying hughsie, who is nice overall, said one 'bad thing', instead of accounting for all of this and thinking, fair enough, possibly no offense was meant, but I am offended I will point this out in a way which takes hughsies obvious good character in to consideration, people ran for the pitchforks and torches in a lynch mob fashion, inspite of the fact that hughsie made it clear no offense was intended. People make mistakes, believe me, I am laughing at myself as I typed that. I just think good character should at least influence the tone and levity of a response.... The thread was a bit of a hughsie bash, I am not detracting from the validity of your viewpoint EC, but I hope you can at least see that the bitch slaps hughsie took were a touch overbearing. That's why I jumped in.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
24-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Scots have the best games. And we play them in skirts to make fun of the Brits. "Fucking Brit got no prayer against a Lassie in a skirt."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Since when has Cyprus been a Commonwealth country?
26-07-2014, 01:33 AM
(25-07-2014 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Since when has Cyprus been a Commonwealth country?

The Brits had some sort of setup there immediately post WW2 AFAIK. Wikipedia is your friend...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2014, 03:47 AM
(26-07-2014 01:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Since when has Cyprus been a Commonwealth country?

The Brits had some sort of setup there immediately post WW2 AFAIK. Wikipedia is your friend...

Yeabut effort and what have you.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post