Ahhh, the "fun" in nail fungus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Ahhh, the "fun" in nail fungus
I posted my nail fungus in the medical advice category but I'm thinking it's kinda dead place to put stuff so I'm going to ask here.

I've had a nail fungus for two damn years. I've tried all the over the counter remedies but it hasn't done much. Online suggestions were, a vinegar and water solution, Vicks Vaporub, bleach, mouthwash, not wearing shoes for a while and some other stuff. So my idea, and it's working so far, is to use Monistat for vaginal yeast infections. Everything I've tried has worked for a while but the damn fungus returns later. Any suggestions if this Monistat doesn't work, short of chopping off my toe? I've talked to people who've gone to a doctor and still have their nail fungus after 15 years. Grrrrr.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Ahhh, the "fun" in nail fungus
Cremes and other solutions containing either Nystatin, Imidazoles or Iodine.

I am not a doctor, I just know that these help against fungal infections, so ask your doc also.

And please dont ask why I know this.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
04-06-2014, 05:01 PM
douse them in gasoline, soak for one hour, lean back, drop a lit match, voila! fungus cured. Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-06-2014, 06:17 PM
(04-06-2014 05:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  douse them in gasoline, soak for one hour, lean back, drop a lit match, voila! fungus cured. Smartass

Ok. Sounds like a winner! I'll bring some marshmallows to roast too. Jesus, fungus is really that hard to get rid of? Sadcryface2

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-06-2014, 09:09 PM
(04-06-2014 04:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I posted my nail fungus in the medical advice category but I'm thinking it's kinda dead place to put stuff so I'm going to ask here.

Bleach foot soak. Bleach kills everything.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-06-2014, 09:12 PM
(06-06-2014 09:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 04:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I posted my nail fungus in the medical advice category but I'm thinking it's kinda dead place to put stuff so I'm going to ask here.

Bleach foot soak. Shit kills everything.

Including you.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
06-06-2014, 09:38 PM
(06-06-2014 09:12 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 09:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bleach foot soak. Shit kills everything.

Including you.

LOL. Well, ok, but not straight bleach. I put some watered down bleach on it every couple of days. The monistat vaginal yeast cream is really working well......so far. I talked to a lady who had a toe fungus for 15 years. She finally had to have a laser treatment of some kind and that finally got rid of it. Damn fungi will be around with the cockroaches after we all parish.

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-06-2014, 09:45 PM
(06-06-2014 09:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 09:12 PM)Charis Wrote:  Including you.

LOL. Well, ok, but not straight bleach. I put some watered down bleach on it every couple of days.

Bleach kills most everything. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
(06-06-2014 09:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 09:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  LOL. Well, ok, but not straight bleach. I put some watered down bleach on it every couple of days.

Bleach kills most everything. Thumbsup

Including you.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
07-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Dont mess around with this on your own. Nail fungus can become very painful.

I got this on my hands 20 years ago, and it curled up the nails so bad that it hurt to touch anything. I went to a dermatologist and they prescibed some pills that you take in a decreasing order over a period of several weeks. The pills did turn my skin yellow, because it affects the liver slightly, but it worked and was worth it. The pain in my fingers was unbelievable.

Also, make sure to keep the nails trimed as short as possible. Toenail fungus takes 3 times longer to get rid of then fingernail fungus.

Go see a doctor asap.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post