Ahhh, the "fun" in nail fungus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Ahhh, the "fun" in nail fungus
(08-06-2014 03:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  *shivers* well I found this for you, hope it helps...

Well ok then. That really put me off my feed for the day.

Years ago when I was taking ballet several hours a day my feet looked bad, but never that bad. Thanks for the warning. My toe is looking much better now. The nail never got yellow but there was a build up of extra skin underneath the nail bed so I think I've keep it from progressing to the "spoiler" faze of things.

I can't get that damn picture out of my head.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Go to your doctor. Ask for a systemic anti-fungal. Works from the inside out.
Griseofulvin
http://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/19/3/72/5

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey, so this is like way late. But if you are still needing help I have some advice. Over the counter medications don't work because the fungus isn't in the toenail, it is in the nail bed slow so creams are useless, it also incredibly resilient. You need to go to a doctor and they will prescribe Lamosil or Terbinafine(sp? For both). The treatment is taken orally. The time is long, 6 weeks daily for fingernails and 12 weeks daily for toenails. If you drink regularly or have any liver or kidney problems you need to discuss this with your medical doctor who will likely send you for the blood tests and make sure your liver functions can manage the drug. Anyway, good luck. Turns out the fungus is the biggest pain in the behind.
[+] 1 user Likes Terter's post