Ahhhh... Got To Love Tornado Season and so it begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Ahhhh... Got To Love Tornado Season and so it begins...
(30-03-2016 07:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I think 1 mile is a bit too close for comfort. Blah. It's on it's way east. Lots of damage but not my neighborhood.

Thank god! Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadTongue
Phew, one mile is too close, I was trying to follow it online, the Tulsaworld reported it was large...family and friends all OK? I am so glad that it was not any closer. I lived for a while in Sioux Center Iowa, and Quincy Ill. I have been in a few myself- scary, like a train coming down on you...
So glad that you are safe....do you have a neighbor with a storm cellar that you can go to next time?

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
30-03-2016, 07:40 PM
(30-03-2016 07:29 PM)carol Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I think 1 mile is a bit too close for comfort. Blah. It's on it's way east. Lots of damage but not my neighborhood.

Thank god! Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadTongue
Phew, one mile is too close, I was trying to follow it online, the Tulsaworld reported it was large...family and friends all OK? I am so glad that it was not any closer. I lived for a while in Sioux Center Iowa, and Quincy Ill. I have been in a few myself- scary, like a train coming down on you...
So glad that you are safe....do you have a neighbor with a storm cellar that you can go to next time?

No, no shelter. I called the police station, no storm shelters in town. Seriously? Never lived anywhere that didn't open the schools or something.

So far no word of any injuries. So that's good. Thanks for all your well wishes. How bizarre would that be if I chronicled my death on this forum. Weird.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-03-2016, 07:45 PM
(30-03-2016 07:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  How bizarre would that be if I chronicled my death on this forum. Weird.

Pretty sure that's against the rules. You might even get banned.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 07:46 PM
(30-03-2016 07:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  How bizarre would that be if I chronicled my death on this forum. Weird.

Pretty sure that's against the rules. You might even get banned.

bwahahahahaha.... if I do will you tell them "fuck you, mods!" for me? Big Grin

[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
30-03-2016, 08:00 PM
(30-03-2016 07:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, no shelter. I called the police station, no storm shelters in town. Seriously? Never lived anywhere that didn't open the schools or something.

So far no word of any injuries. So that's good. Thanks for all your well wishes. How bizarre would that be if I chronicled my death on this forum. Weird.

Dang. I'd be moving! Shocking

Glad you made it ok!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-03-2016, 08:04 PM
(30-03-2016 08:00 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, no shelter. I called the police station, no storm shelters in town. Seriously? Never lived anywhere that didn't open the schools or something.

Dang. I'd be moving! Shocking

Glad you made it ok!

Thx. I could use a hug or a drink or both. Smile

I've actually been in three tornados in my lifetime. Probably seen a dozen or so close up.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
30-03-2016, 08:33 PM
(30-03-2016 08:04 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:00 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Dang. I'd be moving! Shocking

Glad you made it ok!

Thx. I could use a hug or a drink or both. Smile

I've actually been in three tornados in my lifetime. Probably seen a dozen or so close up.

I've been close to two, not anything I'm overly fond of.

(30-03-2016 07:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Pretty sure that's against the rules. You might even get banned.

bwahahahahaha.... if I do will you tell them "fuck you, mods!" for me? Big Grin

... for a nominal fee, sure ....
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 08:40 PM
(30-03-2016 08:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:04 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Thx. I could use a hug or a drink or both. Smile

I've been close to two, not anything I'm overly fond of.

(30-03-2016 07:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  bwahahahahaha.... if I do will you tell them "fuck you, mods!" for me? Big Grin

Dang.... (pats self down) I don't have a dime. No

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-03-2016, 08:45 PM
(30-03-2016 08:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've been close to two, not anything I'm overly fond of.

Dang.... (pats self down) I don't have a dime. No

Looks like you're going to have to pipe up yourself before you and Toto get carried away, then. Tongue

Repeat after me: "Fuck ... you ... mods ... fuck ... you .. mods ..."

You can do it!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Time to spend a few hours digging a hole to hide in. I've experienced a couple of serious earthquakes here in California (Sylmar, '71, Northridge, '94). We're due for another here pretty soon. But several months a year for a "season" of disaster is just nuts. I'll pass. Same thing for hurricanes. I was in Florida for Wilma, and even though it was a long way off, (I was at Cape Canaveral) we still got absolutely drenched. Happy you made it through, OK. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post