Ahhhhh FUCK!!!! ( the things that go through your mind.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Ahhhhh FUCK!!!! ( the things that go through your mind.)
I'm upgrading my hunting blind. I decided that the 25 foot ladder needed to go, and I went and got some treated lumber to build a two level stairway....

I start working on the second level stairway, and need to use a ladder to affix the bottom of the second level stairway, 16 feet up.....

I'm using my short lightweight aluminum ladder, because it's easy handling.

It's extended all the way up, and I climb up with drill motor, screws and lumber in hand.

Thus comes the problem of overconfidence coupled with over- familiarity......

I get up 12 feet or so, and feel things starting to shift to the left..........

I look down and see the ladder bowing, and beginning to buckle......

This is the point where shit starts going rapidly through your mind...

Ahhhwwwww fuck.... Don't freeze dumbfuck, get DOWN!!!

I drop everything and begin down as rapidly as I can, without adding more stress to the ladder.....

I guess at this point I should add, that when I built this blind, I added wraps of barbed wire to the base, to keep neighborhood kids out........

I realize that shit is starting to take on a serious list, and I'm going to end up falling into the barbed wire....

I decide I'd rather be busted up and NOT entangled in barbed wire, so I kick off, and wait to hit, while tucking and rolling...

Turns out I'm not as quick as I used to be - so the tuck and roll turns into a tuck and face plant.......

Other than my glasses, nothing got bent...

But fuck, that hurt.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-08-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Ahhhhh FUCK!!!! ( the things that go through your mind.)
(11-08-2017 04:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm upgrading my hunting blind. I decided that the 25 foot ladder needed to go, and I went and got some treated lumber to build a two level stairway....

I start working on the second level stairway, and need to use a ladder to affix the bottom of the second level stairway, 16 feet up.....

I'm using my short lightweight aluminum ladder, because it's easy handling.

It's extended all the way up, and I climb up with drill motor, screws and lumber in hand.

Thus comes the problem of overconfidence coupled with over- familiarity......

I get up 12 feet or so, and feel things starting to shift to the left..........

I look down and see the ladder bowing, and beginning to buckle......

This is the point where shit starts going rapidly through your mind...

Ahhhwwwww fuck.... Don't freeze dumbfuck, get DOWN!!!

I drop everything and begin down as rapidly as I can, without adding more stress to the ladder.....

I guess at this point I should add, that when I built this blind, I added wraps of barbed wire to the base, to keep neighborhood kids out........

I realize that shit is starting to take on a serious list, and I'm going to end up falling into the barbed wire....

I decide I'd rather be busted up and NOT entangled in barbed wire, so I kick off, and wait to hit, while tucking and rolling...

Turns out I'm not as quick as I used to be - so the tuck and roll turns into a tuck and face plant.......

Other than my glasses, nothing got bent...

But fuck, that hurt.....

It's hell gettin' old...especially when we think we can still do things like we did a couple decades ago. Confused

Bet you are sore tomorrow and the next day...we no longer bounce like we used to either.

Glad you didn't break anything.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-08-2017, 05:01 PM
(11-08-2017 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's hell gettin' old...especially when we think we can still do things like we did a couple decades ago. Confused

You can say that again.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Sounds like a scary fall OB, I'm kind of a klutz and can get myself into situations like that rather effortlessly.
11-08-2017, 05:33 PM
(11-08-2017 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's hell gettin' old...especially when we think we can still do things like we did a couple decades ago. Confused

Ain't that the truth...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(11-08-2017 04:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Turns out I'm not as quick as I used to be - so the tuck and roll turns into a tuck and face plant.......

No trail cam footage?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Ladders are deceptively dangerous. I used to have a two-story and I needed one of those super-long extension ladders to reach the roof and gutters. One time I was painting one of the sides and even fully extended it's a close reach so I have the ladder...a bit closer to vertical than someone who knows what the fuck they're doing would allow it to be. Familiarity breeds contempt, right, so i get kind of lazy about safety and I'm up there painting and I shift my weight and...oops, going backwards. So you squeeeeeeze yourself and try to shove your weight forward but does it matter? You're in Sir Isaac Newton's grasp (or God's if you please). After a lifetime, it shifts back forward to the house. But "the things that go through your mind"..."I'm going to be slammed backwards 15 feet onto the pavement of a street and I'm going to die."
11-08-2017, 07:39 PM
(11-08-2017 06:15 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Ladders are deceptively dangerous. I used to have a two-story and I needed one of those super-long extension ladders to reach the roof and gutters. One time I was painting one of the sides and even fully extended it's a close reach so I have the ladder...a bit closer to vertical than someone who knows what the fuck they're doing would allow it to be. Familiarity breeds contempt, right, so i get kind of lazy about safety and I'm up there painting and I shift my weight and...oops, going backwards. So you squeeeeeeze yourself and try to shove your weight forward but does it matter? You're in Sir Isaac Newton's grasp (or God's if you please). After a lifetime, it shifts back forward to the house. But "the things that go through your mind"..."I'm going to be slammed backwards 15 feet onto the pavement of a street and I'm going to die."

I was once on a ladder painting the frame of the attic window from the outside. I started to lose footing and quickly (oh, the strength of youth!) pulled myself forward, grabbing the window and fell into the attic, through the ceiling and onto my couch in the living room. Sure beat landing on the concrete patio in front of the house.... and the fall wasn't as long either that way.

Hubby #1 was quite startled by my sudden appearance in the living room, but not impressed. He hired a painter... no more extended ladders for me!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
11-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Yikes that sounds so scary! Made my heart race just to read it.

Reminds me of an old joke:

What was the last thing that went through the bug's mind when he hit the windshield?
His ass.

We've been trying to figure out the safest way to paint around my BFF's one second story gable-ish window. On a high pitched roof. Obstructed by a high slope porch roof. Now I'm sure I want a harness. Just can't figure out how to get the harness up there. And what to attach it to. You're definitely giving me second thoughts. And of course, the window is fake, in that it does NOT open.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 08:00 PM by Dom.)
(11-08-2017 07:45 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Yikes that sounds so scary! Made my heart race just to read it.

Reminds me of an old joke:

What was the last thing that went through the bug's mind when he hit the windshield?
His ass.

We've been trying to figure out the safest way to paint around my BFF's one second story gable-ish window. On a high pitched roof. Obstructed by a high slope porch roof. Now I'm sure I want a harness. Just can't figure out how to get the harness up there. And what to attach it to. You're definitely giving me second thoughts. And of course, the window is fake, in that it does NOT open.

Well, my attic window was under the gable, and I was airing out the house so it was wide open. The house had one story below that, but also an elevated basement so all together it was two stories above the concrete slab, and steps away from concrete steps. Any fall could very easily have been fatal. But I was very young and strong then, I was immortal. Tongue

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Just hire someone to paint up there, they know what they are doing and are insured. (Make sure they are). It's not worth saving the money.