Ahhhhh FUCK!!!! ( the things that go through your mind.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Ahhhhh FUCK!!!! ( the things that go through your mind.)
Never had a ladder start to go enough to think I was toast, but I roofed enough houses to have a couple experiences. Worst one was having the ladder jacks come loose with me and another dude on the board. Went halfway down the roof before something caught enough for our momentum to stop and we could clamber back up to safety. We weren't quite exactly OSHA approved.

I reckon it's about the same feeling as going down on a ladder, your mind is fixated on how the landing is going to feel. Fucking scary.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2017, 06:03 AM
(11-08-2017 04:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm upgrading my hunting blind. I decided that the 25 foot ladder needed to go, and I went and got some treated lumber to build a two level stairway.....

Sorry mate, but I'm just seeing the ladder scene from Fawlty Towers (The Psychiatrist ) in my mind's eye. Big Grin

Seriously though, I'm pleased that you didn't come a serious cropper. Extension ladders and... uh... maturity of age aren't good mixers.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-08-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm seriously considering selling my 28-foot extension ladder so that I won't be tempted to actually use it. The house gutters need to be cleaned out, but I'm going to call in the professionals rather than go up there myself.

My moment of ladder-climbing glory has come and gone, anyway: In the late '80s or so, when I was helping a friend paint his house, it was October and there was precious little daylight after work. I finished painting the soffit under the front roof in the autumn twilight -- left hand on ladder, right hand on paintbrush, and a small flashlight clenched in my teeth. Gasp

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
12-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Even more fun back out working on it today -with my 86 year old dad up the ladder 20 feet...

No prob though - I lashed it to the blind at the top..... It's not moving...

And I'm quite a bit bigger than dad - so less load - on a better ladder.....

Did I mention I hate structural heights?????

He actually likes the shit...

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
(12-08-2017 06:03 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 04:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm upgrading my hunting blind. I decided that the 25 foot ladder needed to go, and I went and got some treated lumber to build a two level stairway.....

Sorry mate, but I'm just seeing the ladder scene from Fawlty Towers (The Psychiatrist ) in my mind's eye. Big Grin

Seriously though, I'm pleased that you didn't come a serious cropper. Extension ladders and... uh... maturity of age aren't good mixers.

There's lots of old, and not much maturity around here....

Smartass

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post