AiG Sells These Ideas by Selecting These Books to Sell to the Women!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 06:57 PM by Charis.)
AiG Sells These Ideas by Selecting These Books to Sell to the Women!
I'm kinda disappointed. Well, rather irritated. Actually it pisses me off.

No, I'm fucking LIVID.

There are 3 books I'm staring at in Answers in Genesis' family books section.
The books I've zeroed in on (for the moment) are:

The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective, Expanded Edition Written by Martha Peace
Christian Living in the Home Written by Jay E. Adams
Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother Foreword by Nancy Leigh Demoss, Written by Carolyn Mahaney

I remember the second one personally, and the crap that was in it.
The first one shows a peek in Amazon, and shows how a woman is to submissively respect, honor and respond sexually to her husband. And that's just a little peek.

I'm just... I don't even....

And remember, AiG is putting on their good face. They're modernizing how fundamentalism is perceived. Even when they're doing that, they can't totally hide what they really believe. All they can do is dress it up!

Edited to add: I was wondering why Fundamentalism was getting such a foothold when the entire culture seems to be progressing. As influential as Answers in Genesis is, I think I have at least a partial answer.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
18-06-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: AiG Sells These Ideas by Selecting These Books to Sell to the Women!
That's not to mention their support and promotion of Pastor John MacArthur who has this general view on the role of a wife and of those women who don't follow it. The second link is a sermon transcript, so prepare to read... you won't have to read far though.

And if your child turns out to be gay, MacArthur says, “You isolate them, you don’t have a meal with them. You separate yourself from them. You turn them over to Satan.”

During my time as a fundy, I followed MacArthur a LOT. I was over-eager to please, and following him was the most sure way I could please my husband and god without messing up. He represents fundamental thinking a lot, though he's even a little more liberal on divorce than my church was.

AiG stuff and John MacArthur stuff often went hand-in-hand. It shows in AiG's bookstore.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
18-06-2014, 08:51 PM
This sounds like real life "Stepford Wives".
That they want this type of insane behavior control at home makes me wonder what they would try to inject into government if they were unopposed.
Scary!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
18-06-2014, 10:11 PM
I could give you an idea of what they would inject, as I was a part of it.

18-06-2014, 10:49 PM
As horrible as it is for the short term, they are sowing the seeds of their own destruction, LGBT sympathizers (every rational Christian), are turning their backs on organised religion over this and other hardline doctrines.

Unfortunately nothing will change until the critical mass votes out the fundie politicians, and then some legal measures could be pasted to criminalise "how to spouse abuse" literature.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
19-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I can always debunk them for ya. What do ya say? Wink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post