"Ain't gon' be no Muslims in my gun store"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: "Ain't gon' be no Muslims in my gun store"
My amygdalae and neocortex often bicker back and forth about what I should and should not perceive as a threat. Being human is too damn complicated :/

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 12:19 PM
(30-07-2015 10:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 09:49 AM)Alla Wrote:  If we have a very good reason to do this I don't mind. So far, we have no reason.

Are you insane? More Americans have been killed by rightwing racist terrorists than by ISIS. We have far more interest in infiltrating churches than Mosques.
In which Christian church someone secretly teaches to hate America and to kill infidels?
What rightwing racist hates America and wants to destroy it?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-07-2015, 12:21 PM
(30-07-2015 12:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Are you insane? More Americans have been killed by rightwing racist terrorists than by ISIS. We have far more interest in infiltrating churches than Mosques.
In which Christian church someone secretly teaches to hate America and to kill infidels?

Pick any Southern Protestant church and you will probably find exactly that. Go google Mike Huckabee and what he has to say about how to turn america into a theocracy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-07-2015, 12:27 PM
(30-07-2015 11:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:02 AM)Alla Wrote:  I love it when atheists defend religious freedom of some people.
I love it when atheists defend Islamists.
I wonder why?

Having lived in Muslim countries for almost five years, I know that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Islamists, and just like Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and other religious folk here in America, Muslims have the right to freedom of conscience.

Atheist though I am, I was happy to swear my life to the Constitution guaranteeing your rights. If you want to know why, read this poem; it speaks more eloquently than I can how I feel on the matter:

John Donne Wrote:No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Our rights are much the same. If your rights are stripped, I too suffer that loss. It stands to reason, then, that defending your rights is defending my own.
You are wonderful atheist.
If there are Christian churches that secretly preach to hate America and kill infidels I don't mind to send a bunch of spies over there. Evil people have to be stopped. The same with Muslims. Some of them hate America and it is preached(secretly) in some Mosques to kill infidels.
To protect lives is very important.

30-07-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 12:37 PM by Alla.)
(30-07-2015 12:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 12:19 PM)Alla Wrote:  In which Christian church someone secretly teaches to hate America and to kill infidels?
Pick any Southern Protestant church and you will probably find exactly that. Go google Mike Huckabee and what he has to say about how to turn america into a theocracy.
I have never heard him to say that I have to hate America and to kill infidels.
In some Mosques people are taught to hate America and to kill infidels.
They have to be investigated.

30-07-2015, 12:56 PM
(30-07-2015 12:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 11:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Having lived in Muslim countries for almost five years, I know that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Islamists, and just like Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and other religious folk here in America, Muslims have the right to freedom of conscience.

Atheist though I am, I was happy to swear my life to the Constitution guaranteeing your rights. If you want to know why, read this poem; it speaks more eloquently than I can how I feel on the matter:

Our rights are much the same. If your rights are stripped, I too suffer that loss. It stands to reason, then, that defending your rights is defending my own.
You are wonderful atheist.
If there are Christian churches that secretly preach to hate America and kill infidels I don't mind to send a bunch of spies over there. Evil people have to be stopped. The same with Muslims. Some of them hate America and it is preached(secretly) in some Mosques to kill infidels.
To protect lives is very important.

Rights, like lives, are lost forever when they are lost. I would rather let all churches be free of any spies, and take our chances with terrorist attacks, than infiltrate them all and have government involved in religion in an entirely insidious and dangerous manner.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
30-07-2015, 01:04 PM
(30-07-2015 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 12:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Pick any Southern Protestant church and you will probably find exactly that. Go google Mike Huckabee and what he has to say about how to turn america into a theocracy.
I have never heard him to say that I have to hate America and to kill infidels.
In some Mosques people are taught to hate America and to kill infidels.
They have to be investigated.

That's because he so fondly LOVES American, at least the America he wants to envision. But he says other people hate america basically, by merely not agreeing with what his vision of America is. Maybe a place isn't really ever what one person wants to think it is, don't you agree to that?

You are beginning to sound like you live in fear of "others." Like you would be afraid of America turning into a "secular atheist run by extremist Islamic... but no that claim didn't come from Huckabee actually, but another former presidential candidate.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-07-2015, 02:49 PM
(30-07-2015 01:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's because he so fondly LOVES American, at least the America he wants to envision. But he says other people hate america basically, by merely not agreeing with what his vision of America is. Maybe a place isn't really ever what one person wants to think it is, don't you agree to that?
1)I agree with that.
2)I didn't hear him saying that those who disagree with him hate America.
I know that those who burn our Flag and hate our Flag hate America.
There are Americans who do this: some left wing people and evil Muslims.
(30-07-2015 01:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You are beginning to sound like you live in fear of "others." Like you would be afraid of America turning into a "secular atheist run by extremist Islamic... but no that claim didn't come from Huckabee actually, but another former presidential candidate.
I am afraid of radical Muslims. They are in each state now.

30-07-2015, 02:54 PM
(30-07-2015 12:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I would rather let all churches be free of any spies, and take our chances with terrorist attacks, than infiltrate them all and have government involved in religion in an entirely insidious and dangerous manner.
I do not want to take any chances with terrorist attacks. Government's obligation is to protect people.
I don't mind NSA to have my phone records as long as I am safe.

30-07-2015, 03:04 PM
(30-07-2015 02:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  I know that those who burn our Flag and hate our Flag hate America.

You know no such thing. Desecrating the Flag is the ultimate freedom of expression of First Amendment rights. You have no idea what their motives are.

(30-07-2015 02:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am afraid of radical Muslims. They are in each state now.

So are radical Christians and they far outnumber radical Muslims.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post