Airman denied reenlistment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Airman denied reenlistment
I talked about this same problem last month but apparently the "so help me God" portion of the oath you swear to enlist or reenlist is no longer optional as of October 2013. This airman was denied the option to reenlist because of this. Here is the link.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/201...lp-me-God-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
05-09-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: Airman denied reenlistment
The Air Force, sadly, is riddled with xtian shitwits.

Something really needs to be done about its command structure.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-09-2014, 12:57 PM
No religious test for public office.

It's not even a frigging amendment. It's IN THE CORE CONSTITUTION!

I have to wonder about the brains of these people. They'll think it's so, so, so important to put in and keep the part of the oath mentioning God, yet happily shit on the part about supporting and defending the Constitution.
05-09-2014, 01:13 PM
(05-09-2014 12:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The Air Force, sadly, is riddled with xtian shitwits.
---

Yes, hence Tailhook. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Well they had to stop the persecution and oppression of christians by non religious people sitting things out.
05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
I joined the Air Training Corp about 10 years ago... After 6 months I had to take an oath swearing to do my duty to God and the Queen

About two weeks later I quit...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Apparently, they have enlistments in such abundance that they don't need those threats to their delusions pesky atheists. Dodgy
On the other hand, more atheists for the foxholes then.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
05-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Should have said "So help me" and when they ask you to say the word god, you tell them that you did.

"I said it in such a way that only true believers could hear. Are you telling me that you couldn't hear it ? It sounds like I'm in the presence of atheists."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
05-09-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 06:51 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(05-09-2014 11:41 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I talked about this same problem last month but apparently the "so help me God" portion of the oath you swear to enlist or reenlist is no longer optional as of October 2013. This airman was denied the option to reenlist because of this. Here is the link.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/201...lp-me-God-

I am so mad right now i can't think straight...I reenlist about an average of 2-3 sailors a month at my command, and I always ask them if they prefer "so help me god" or "so help me". Even though I am an atheist, as the reenlisting officer i have no problem respecting someone faith when I cite "so help me god" to them (I say it, they repeat it) if that is what THEY prefer. I am not the one reenlisting, thus "I' am not saying it in reference to me. 2013 they changed the rule? That was some high ranking piece of shit Xtian who thought, "I will change this back and if they refuse I will cite the law has to be changed via congress game". Another reason I am glad I am in the navy, not the AF.

Angry

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks like the policy has been revised...
Quote:The Air Force has instructed force support offices across the service to allow both enlisted members and officers to omit the words “So help me God” from enlistment and officer appointment oaths if an Airman chooses.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...from-oath/

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post