Al-Anon for atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Al-Anon for atheists?
Does anyone know of an AA-type program that is not faith-based? I'm actually interested in something like Al-Anon..I'd really like some kind of support for dealing with an alcoholic, that is not based on some higher power..thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Al-Anon for atheists?
(10-07-2013 01:43 PM)Rae42 Wrote:  Does anyone know of an AA-type program that is not faith-based? I'm actually interested in something like Al-Anon..I'd really like some kind of support for dealing with an alcoholic, that is not based on some higher power..thoughts?

There are some humanist ones who don't talk higher powers.

But they are far too few and far between. Depends on where you live.

Others are more preachy, some less. I had a friend tell me once he had to attend a bunch of different ones before he found one he liked.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I've heard of S.M.A.R.T. Recovery, but where it's at I don't know.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I don't expect to find anything like that locally, as I live in a very small, conservative town..more looking for an online forum like this one. I will check out the humanism sites, that's a good idea I hadn't considered, there's bound to be something like that..I will look into the SMART one as well..thanks again y'all. Smile