Al Gore's TED talk on climate change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Al Gore's TED talk on climate change
My takeaway from this: "Hey cool, we've been slightly less horrible than expected, but also... shit, I should have bought stocks in the solar industry." Consider
My aunt's takeaway from this: "Obama hates the coal miners." Hobo
My mom's takeaway from this: "Hmm, he shouldn't have singled out the republicans like that. This video is very biased. He's aged well, though. He still looks good." < WTF Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Al Gore's TED talk on climate change
(14-03-2016 05:41 PM)cactus Wrote:  My takeaway from this: "Hey cool, we've been slightly less horrible than expected, but also... shit, I should have bought stocks in the solar industry." Consider
My mom's takeaway from this: "Hmm, he shouldn't have singled out the republicans like that. This video is very biased. He's aged well, though. He still looks good." < WTF Laugh out load

I'll have to watch this later. How long is it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-03-2016, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 06:42 PM by cactus.)
(14-03-2016 06:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll have to watch this later. How long is it?
25 minutes

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
14-03-2016, 06:36 PM
(14-03-2016 06:34 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 06:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll have to watch this later. How long is it?

25 minutes

Oh, awesome thanks. I'll watch it tomorrow morning. Hubby's home tonight and the sound of Al Gore's voice triggers seizures.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-03-2016, 06:39 PM
(14-03-2016 06:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 05:41 PM)cactus Wrote:  My takeaway from this: "Hey cool, we've been slightly less horrible than expected, but also... shit, I should have bought stocks in the solar industry." Consider

I'll have to watch this later. How long is it?

25 mins 20 secs.

I'm gonna watch it in the morning. It's getting late here.

I've went to a climate change lecture recently and talked to some people who visited Antarctica recently. Neither gave me any cause for optimism. They suggest that it may already be too late. They suggest that there's far too much optimism about climate change.

The real issue is that temperatures haven't changed much and that's the issue that the climate change denialists latch onto. The issue is that there doesn't have to be that much change in temperature for it to have a catastrophic impact.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
14-03-2016, 08:44 PM
(14-03-2016 06:39 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

25 mins 20 secs.

I've went to a climate change lecture recently and talked to some people who visited Antarctica recently. Neither gave me any cause for optimism. They suggest that it may already be too late. They suggest that there's far too much optimism about climate change.

The real issue is that temperatures haven't changed much and that's the issue that the climate change denialists latch onto. The issue is that there doesn't have to be that much change in temperature for it to have a catastrophic impact.

So why do they predict huge changes? It fits in the same category as to say God Jr is dropping out of the sky next Tuesday.
14-03-2016, 09:28 PM
(14-03-2016 08:44 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 06:39 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  25 mins 20 secs.

So why do they predict huge changes? It fits in the same category as to say God Jr is dropping out of the sky next Tuesday.

These aren't cranks you know. They're actual scientists.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-03-2016, 04:34 PM
(14-03-2016 08:44 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 06:39 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  The real issue is that temperatures haven't changed much and that's the issue that the climate change denialists latch onto. The issue is that there doesn't have to be that much change in temperature for it to have a catastrophic impact.

[Image: 4_5_degrees.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
21-03-2016, 05:27 AM

My takeaway is chicken burger and fries Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user