Alabama bans "Foreign Law"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Alabama bans "Foreign Law"
"Florida...at least we're not Alabama"

I'm beginning to think its because of me, living in one and routinely visiting the other

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 05:32 AM
(10-11-2014 10:05 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Amendment banning 'foreign law' in Alabama courts passes; will be added to Alabama Constitution

Obviously targeted at Sharia Law, but wait, as one the commenters is quick to point out...

Quote:Sharia law is now forbidden from application against individuals in court because it is foreign law from the Koran which was written in the middle east. Guess what -- the Christian Bible was ALSO written in the middle east. It is EXACTLY as foreign as the Koran. The Bible and the Koran are both foreign texts. Amendment One now prohibits BOTH of them from being cited in court. Happy?

It seems like Alabama has been in the news a lot lately and not necessarily for good reasons. Consider

So they're kicking out all the Jews and Catholics and Anglicans and Methodists.
They all have legal systems on which they run their institutions.
Fucking retards.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Considering US federal and state constitutions are widely influenced by European legal documents such as the Warsaw confederation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Confederation

And the decleration of Arbroath:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Arbroath

All of which within a framework of Athenian democracy that is 3000 years old, Alabama might aswell abandone all it`s laws and go for Somalia style FREEEDOME!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
11-11-2014, 05:55 AM
(10-11-2014 11:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What I MISSED from the al.com article was the intention to nullify Supreme Court rulings - particularly those involving anti-death penalty legislation, gay rights, etc - that derived their rulings from foreign law. Talk about dishonest.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that angle at first either. I thought it was just short sighted attempt to discriminate against Islam without realizing that Christianity and Judaism are both just as foreign.

It seemed like a symptom of the same mental process that caused the Louisiana politician to support using public funds for religious schools until a Muslim school applied and she learned that there are more religions than just Christianity. Facepalm

Now I realize it's much more sinister than that. Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
11-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Alabama is essentially lawless then except for local laws, like not spitting on floors. Most US laws have roots in foreign laws.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2014, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 06:58 AM by Clockwork.)
Re: Alabama bans "Foreign Law"
This surprises me. The fed and 49 states are basically English common law, and Louisiana is codified & Napoleonic. Again, as has been stated, English common is based upon the Bible. They're going to have a hard time with this one in the courts.

Long ago I knew a guy from Montgomery. In their state it was illegal to get sex toys but easy to get a firearm. I'd rather those kind of people get their rocks off than get armed.
11-11-2014, 08:06 AM
(11-11-2014 06:44 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Again, as has been stated, English common is based upon the Bible.

No, not really.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-11-2014, 08:32 AM
(10-11-2014 10:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  I hope it bites them in the ass.

This wouldn't be the first time. It wasn't that long ago that one of the southern states wanted to allow vouchers for public money to be spent on private religious schools. They had to keep the wording vague to keep it from getting overturned in the courts due to favoring Christianity. Then, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth the first time a person used public money for (gasp) a Muslim school! Gasp

These fucksticks are having a very hard time trying to have their cake and eat it too on religious matters. Hint: you can't, unless you want to blow up the First Amendment.

(10-11-2014 10:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm expecting that some Alabamians are gonna say federal laws are "foreign" to Alabama as well.

At which point, the US Supreme Court tells them to fuck themselves, and more butthurt Alabamians fly Confederate flags as a protest.
11-11-2014, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 02:09 PM by Clockwork.)
Re: RE: Alabama bans "Foreign Law"
(11-11-2014 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 06:44 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Again, as has been stated, English common is based upon the Bible.

No, not really.
There I go, posting while at work and not thinking. Thanks for correcting me!

Edit: Tried sending a message. Next time I'll think before typing. You'd think that someone with the highest GPA studying law would remember basic facts. Smile
12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
(11-11-2014 05:55 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  It seemed like a symptom of the same mental process that caused the Louisiana politician to support using public funds for religious schools until a Muslim school applied and she learned that there are more religions than just Christianity. Facepalm

I did not hear about that one, please share. I hope it is not my rep. We tend to be less religious-nutty below I-10.