http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/churc...e-46048360

Thoughts?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: Alabama church would like its own police force
I have to say 'NO'. Law enforcement is paid for with public funds.

If they think they need extra protection, let them hire security.

I have a friend from high school who works with churches with security issues. So I know there are companies out there that address exactly this.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Hmmmmmm

They're bestest buddies with the fucker that created the universe, and they STILL need some sub-intellect asshole rent-a-cop with a can of pepper spray to protect their sorry asses?????

Fuck that - I'd only worship a deity that could kick ass and take names...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-03-2017, 09:00 PM
No, no, no! No This is in direct conflict with the separation of church and state. Having their "police" not accountable to the state is an incredibly bad thing for the US.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Alabama church would like its own police force
(21-03-2017 08:51 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Just curious if you all have seen this?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/churc...e-46048360

Thoughts?

This makes me very uncomfortable. I understand they want to feel safe in a world where mass shootings are becoming routine. But who would these church cops work for? If a parishioner were to be raped by a pastor, who has jurisdiction, the church cops or the city cops? What would be next, church courts and church prisons?
21-03-2017, 09:34 PM
The article completely fails to convey their arguments in favor of this, or why they can't get adequate protection from the police department that already has jurisdiction, or why they can't simply hire security guards. Whatever "journalist" wrote the article should be ashamed of not at least requesting answers to obvious questions. That's something I see too much of in modern newstainment.

That said, I can't think of a VALID argument they COULD present. The article makes it sound as if they are just arguing that churches are under siege (standard persecution complex) and running their own force is the best option in some unspecified way.

You know, I don't feel safe in my own house, I think I'll get the legislature to pass a bill allowing my neighborhood association to hire its own police force. Or failing that, allowing me to hire MY own police force, just for my house. Headquarters can be in my garage and they can station two fully armed officers, one at the front, one at the back, at all times.

Yeah, I think it's absurd.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
21-03-2017, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 11:58 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
Imagine if it was a mosque instead of a church. Conservatives all over America would be shrieking and beshitting themselves in rage. "Sharia! law! Sharia law! Shriek!"

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
21-03-2017, 10:50 PM
(21-03-2017 08:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fuck that - I'd only worship a deity that could kick ass and take names...

(Springy G wanders in with a shortsword, dagger, various magical accoutrements, and a Clue-By-Four™) You rang? Big Grin I think I have a karate certificate or two around here somewhere, if anyone asks.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
21-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Quote:And opponents worry crimes could be covered up by the church.

Hmm.... I wonder where they got that idea from?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
22-03-2017, 06:40 AM
(21-03-2017 09:11 PM)Rachel Wrote:  What would be next, church courts and church prisons?

[Image: th?id=OIP.lOzYMRPJx56AcXZb7Zn0CgEsDh&pid=15.1]
[+] 3 users Like Rik's post